Dead By Daylight | Tome 19: SPLENDOR | All Things Wicked DLC

Dolce Vita

2 minutes ago, Cheers said:

The Circle of Healing/Dead Hard nerf is ridiculous 

LIL_WAYNE_LIVE__Rolling_Loud_Cali_2023_F

And Med-Kits being nerfed across the board, rendering the different tiers of them useless, and add-ons will only give you 1 and a half heals now. This game is such a joke.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gavin.

• noonbob

• Heartbreak Prince

• Canon

Nah, pressing 'E' for a free health-state is busted. You being rewarded for getting injured is a terrible activation affect on top of using it at anytime while injured. All other exhaustion perks are triggered preemptively (overcome, lithe, sprint burst) or as a reward for doing something successful (smash hit pallet stun, adrenaline gens done).

They did the right thing. You gotta earn that 'E' now:wave2:

9 minutes ago, Canon said:

Nah, pressing 'E' for a free health-state is busted. You being rewarded for getting injured is a terrible activation affect on top of using it at anytime while injured. All other exhaustion perks are triggered preemptively (overcome, lithe, sprint burst) or as a reward for doing something successful (smash hit pallet stun, adrenaline gens done).

They did the right thing. You gotta earn that 'E' now:wave2:

It’s really not though :skull: annoying? Yes. Busted? Absolutely not, especially against killers with many hours. & how is it free? The timing window is .5 seconds.  You had to earn the E before by mindgaming or timing a killers hit correctly, it’s not free unless you’re by a pallet or the killer is new. Dead hard exists *because* some killers like nurse and a high level blight are overtuned.

The new dead hard is just going to encourage tunneling because you’ll know who doesn’t have it:rip: not a healthy change for the game imo

Edited by Zylo

They can’t send the PTB healing to live because if they do RIP solo queue. :rip:

Dead Hard being nerfed to the ground is needed but they really cannot bring the healing nerfs to the game. :rip:

1 hour ago, Cheers said:

The Circle of Healing/Dead Hard nerf is ridiculous 

LIL_WAYNE_LIVE__Rolling_Loud_Cali_2023_F

I’m almost convinced they’re trying to kill their own game. Who the **** is gonna bring Boon: Botany Knowledge / Empathy in solo queue? It’s only slightly good for a SWF .

Developers stop catering to baby killers, a challenge! 

1 minute ago, Heartbreak Prince said:

Dead Hard being nerfed to the ground is needed but they really cannot bring the healing nerfs to the game. :rip:

I don’t think it’ll come to live as it’s being torn to pieces by some of their Fog Whisperers like SpookyLoopz and Otzdarva. It even makes recovery speed slow, which will please the 3 Twin mains we have.

I’m convinced they don’t play their own game as some of the stuff they bring to PTB is so out of touch. I’m hoping it gets scrapped like their whole basekit-Unbreakable PTB. 

All they really needed to do was tweak medkits. 

4 minutes ago, Wrecked said:

I’m convinced they don’t play their own game as some of the stuff they bring to PTB is so out of touch. I’m hoping it gets scrapped like their whole basekit-Unbreakable PTB. 

Honestly, like who even asked for billy nerfs? Someone on the team was fuming :bibliahh:

Dead hard I’m not crazy upset about, but a different change or rework would be better. The healing nerfs however are TERRIBLE for solo queue and new players, of which many newer players will be in the former anyways. If this next chapter isn’t Stranger Things II… I fear Dbd is entering a true decay era.

5 minutes ago, Zylo said:

Honestly, like who even asked for billy nerfs? Someone on the team was fuming :bibliahh:

Dead hard I’m not crazy upset about, but a different change or rework would be better. The healing nerfs however are TERRIBLE for solo queue and new players, of which many newer players will be in the former anyways. If this next chapter isn’t Stranger Things II… I fear Dbd is entering a true decay era.

The Billy add-on nerf made zero sense when Blight and Myers have much more problematic add-ons. It’s so rare for me to go against a Billy nowadays. Do they want him to become fully extinct? :gaycat6:

Dead Hard doesn’t bother me because I never use the perk and I’ve been playing since 2017. I either don’t use exhaustion perks or go with Lithe, SB or Head On / Smash Hit with Parental Guidance. 

The healing nerf is going to make games almost unbearable, especially in solo queue. I still have survivors using Self-Care in my games now since it’s nerf, so lord help us. Botany + Self-Care is actually still good, but that’ll be unusable as well. I can’t think of one positive thing to say about the healing nerf so I really hope they don’t go through with it. I’ll be shocked if it goes to live because I know they’re seeing the backlash. It’ll either be scrapped entirely or the numbers will be tweaked. 

I hate how they use the logic that because certain perks are used a lot it means they need a nerf. No sis, it means the majority of the perks you being to the game are dog ****, so we use the 10 decent perks in the game. 

21 minutes ago, Wrecked said:

I don’t think it’ll come to live as it’s being torn to pieces by some of their Fog Whisperers like SpookyLoopz and Otzdarva. It even makes recovery speed slow, which will please the 3 Twin mains we have.

I catch Lynxi’s streams whenever I can, she’s one of the tens of people who play Twins and even she’s against the healing nerfs. I really can’t see it making it into the game.

Poor Billy too, there’s literally no reason for his fun add-on’s to be nerfed.

Also they’ve managed to bug out The Pig with her changed add-on :rip:

10 minutes ago, Heartbreak Prince said:

I catch Lynxi’s streams whenever I can, she’s one of the tens of people who play Twins and even she’s against the healing nerfs. I really can’t see it making it into the game.

Poor Billy too, there’s literally no reason for his fun add-on’s to be nerfed.

Also they’ve managed to bug out The Pig with her changed add-on :rip:

That’s just DBD and their spaghetti coding. 

I remember when they released a chapter that had nothing new added to Clown and for that reason, his bottles no longer slowed survivors down. :rip:

1 hour ago, Zylo said:

It’s really not though :skull: annoying? Yes. Busted? Absolutely not, especially against killers with many hours. & how is it free? The timing window is .5 seconds.  You had to earn the E before by mindgaming or timing a killers hit correctly, it’s not free unless you’re by a pallet or the killer is new. Dead hard exists *because* some killers like nurse and a high level blight are overtuned.

The new dead hard is just going to encourage tunneling because you’ll know who doesn’t have it:rip: not a healthy change for the game imo

And yet by DH merely existing you have to assume every injured survivor is using it every chase before you swing unless another exhaustion perk was shown. Bad game design. 

"its not free unless by a pallet" - So you're ok with a killer lose/lose situation, mmm got it. :cm: And "earning your E" via mindgame means you lost the mind game and got a free out because E. 

Either way its getting gutted so survivors better adapt or die I guess :bird:Nurse was a subject in the player survey so we'll see what comes of it. 

Yeah, appeasing whining killers has ruined the game in the last year. Some nice changes come about like BT base-kit but then they never followed up with Unbreakable base-kit. Nerfing CoH was just subsequent to the Med-Kit nerfs because people don't really run CoH like that anymore.

As a SQ survivor, this game has already been the pits. This will make it an even more daunting experience. Idk how much longer I'll survive and I don't think another Feng skin could hold me over but I'm open to it. :celestial5:

Honestly they should've just did the perk changes first and see where it settled. The healing changes are WILD when juxtaposed to the CoH + Medkit nerfs even as a killer main. Choose a lane BHVR. At least make altruistic healing take half the time of self-healing or something. (Then fix downed recovery healing time, like yikes) :chick2:

But its BHVR, its either nerfed to bedrock or slap a band-aid fix on it and ignore it for 6 months while we all suffer. :jonnycat:

On 4/2/2023 at 4:34 PM, Canon said:

Honestly they should've just did the perk changes first and see where it settled. The healing changes are WILD when juxtaposed to the CoH + Medkit nerfs even as a killer main. Choose a lane BHVR. At least make altruistic healing take half the time of self-healing or something. (Then fix downed recovery healing time, like yikes) :chick2:

But it’s BHVR, it’s either nerfed to bedrock or slap a band-aid fix on it and ignore it for 6 months while we all suffer. :jonnycat:

It’s the identity crisis for me :gaycat6: it would be less frustrating if they actually committed with a direction. Is that sadako perk still bugged that needs a killswitch? :ahh:

honestly dead hard and everything aside, I just want the game to feel more fun again. Even when I was dying every match when I first started it was so fun, & it still is even when I get scalped sometimes. Skull merchant for example is not it for me, and knight is just ok. At least nurse can’t (won’t) hold you hostage for 30 mins :deadbanana2: I really hope the next killer is a cultural reset 

2 hours ago, Zylo said:

It’s the identity crisis for me :gaycat6: it would be less frustrating if they actually committed with a direction. Is that sadako perk still bugged that needs a killswitch? :ahh:

honestly dead hard and everything aside, I just want the game to feel more fun again. Even when I was dying every match when I first started it was so fun, & it still is even when I get scalped sometimes. Skull merchant for example is not it for me, and knight is just ok. At least nurse can’t (won’t) hold you hostage for 30 mins :deadbanana2: I really hope the next killer is a cultural reset 

Same. They NEED a casual mode :ghostface:or like a random perk mode, or perkless mode or something. Tossing everyone into one game-mode means you mix competitive sweats with for-fun people and neither players get what they want. But they'll never implement it because "player numbers are too small for additional modes".

That and their spaghetti programming would absolutely destroy their game if they tried adding anything but the 4v1. 

1 hour ago, Canon said:

Same. They NEED a casual mode :ghostface:or like a random perk mode, or perkless mode or something. Tossing everyone into one game-mode means you mix competitive sweats with for-fun people and neither players get what they want. But they'll never implement it because "player numbers are too small for additional modes".

That and their spaghetti programming would absolutely destroy their game if they tried adding anything but the 4v1. 

Waitt you spilled on the casual mode… on how so many complaints arise because of that mixture of players creating different experiences. 

Tbh they could increase that playerbase if they at least tried branching out! If they’re scared about the small playerbase, they can rotate said new game mode in/out or have it as a biweekly.

I truly feel like survivors and killers alike would be happy about that. There’s a cycle where survivors and killers eventually feel forced to play boring meta perks (whether it’s going against try hard bully squad survivors or gen 1 camp killers) , so a mode like this would alleviate that.
The absolute chaos of a perk randomizer match that re-randomized with every hook :jonny:

Thank f*ck they've scrapped the healing time nerf and Billy's add-on nerfs.

Not them going through killing my COH :cries:

I swear I’m the only one to run it like 75% of the time in my matches

(but I will admit it feels like every round when I play killer someone has it)

Idk, it’s annoying but I also don’t care as much when I play killer to get upset about it :toofunny3:  Unlimited healing is not “good” I guess but also what else is a mostly solo queue player base supposed to do? 

The dead hard nerf was pointless. When I get outplayed with it I’m like “damn…I hate you, but also good for you for fooling me lol”. If you continuously fall for their dead hards throughout the match maybe you’re the issue and not the perk 

8 hours ago, Zylo said:
  • 16 Base Heal revert - Thats fine
  • Medkit revision - Good(?)
  • Billy addons revert - Good (What were they thinking in the first place tho :redface: )
  • CoH Bonus Speed - Fine, it was the infinite self-heal that was the issue
  • Pain Res revision - Fine, maybe needs the tinyest biT of a buff still
  • DH Unhooked change - Weird(?), in theory if a killer doesn't tunnel, it takes away 4 DH's a game which is a start. But if a killer just tunnels someone off a hook and deep wounds them, then DH cant activate, thus its useless(?) Unless I'm mistaken:celestial5:.

• 2 weeks later...

Dead Hard finally got Tonya Harding'd but I feel it'll smooth out in the coming weeks. Still powerful but incredibly less oppressive if you spread out hooks early game. :celestial5:

Rip my second fave perk COH :cries:

Switched to Inner Healing instead today. Wasn’t that bad but not the same as a guaranteed heal with the boon 

#criesinsurvivormainproblems

• 4 weeks later...

now i know i didn't just open twitter and see nicolas cage is a new survivor 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.