Barbie | Margot Robbie & Ryan Gosling | MC 80 - RT 88 | BARBILLION 💖

Antisocialites

On 8/23/2023 at 11:18 PM, Smarticle said:

The only 'woke' part is acknowledging the patriarchy and feminism :priceless: which is not even that 'woke' tbh

Margot getting 50m outta 1 billion :chick2:

For right wing extremists it is EXTREMELY woke, come on now :toofunny3:

You guys clearly are not familiar enough with "anti-woke" culture online if you really think they don't consider movies like this woke. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Gossip_Boy

• SmittenCake

Looks like they're delaying the VOD from September 5 to 12. I hope they reconsider and push it back until after the IMAX release.

At how much is it now in the domestic and ww box office?

EDIT: Just saw the tweet above, it took a lot to load lol

Edited by Cloudy

On 7/20/2023 at 1:30 AM, Kylizzle said:

Kind of a scream 

Reveal hidden contents

I'm not sure how I felt about the montage of women living life near the end? It was kind of awkward

I hate how this movie’s version of the “real world” is just old home video footage of mothers and daughters. :rip: 

36 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

I hate how this movie’s version of the “real world” is just old home video footage of mothers and daughters. :rip: 

It was cute but kind of random. It reminded me of the end of Babylon

I went to watch it again, and the theater was PACKED like damn

however watching it for the 2nd time, it hit me how some of the jokes would have gotten a laugh from the audience if they slowed the pace a bit to let them land

It’s like they rush quickly to get the plot going and still sprinkle some jokes in there where you miss them or don’t feel relaxed enough to laugh or see the absurdity in them because you are anticipating what’s gonna happen next. They set too many marks for the movie to hit. 

They even shoved native Americans in it somehow ffs

Other than that, overused youtube-comment joke lines like “hold my ice cream” should have never made it outside the early drafts — crickets every time

Edited by hétérosexuelle

On 8/21/2023 at 6:26 PM, genetic fail said:

Ryan ate so hard

This is the peak point of the movie

The movie was ****, but I'm glad it's doing well :clap3:

• Like 1

On 8/28/2023 at 7:09 PM, Bacardo Royale said:

I really wanted to watch this but I don't have anyone to go with and I'm not going alone :toofunny3:

Who cares? The movie theater is dark, it's not like anyone is going to be watching u. Just go on your own. 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2023 at 11:38 AM, hétérosexuelle said:

They even shoved native Americans in it somehow ffs

the best "joke"

I was expecting this to be a bit funnier and smarter than it was. :rip: I lost interest when the Mattel execs started roller blading around.

Still, ENDED Marvel/Disney. :clap3:

On 9/8/2023 at 3:01 AM, DoctorIce said:

I was expecting this to be a bit funnier and smarter than it was. :rip: I lost interest when the Mattel execs started roller blading around.

Still, ENDED Marvel/Disney. :clap3:

The Mattel execs should’ve gotten the CHOP. Added nothing of value. 

finally watched this... I went in kind of skeptical (maybe because of the hype) but it deserves every bit of praise it got. its STUNNING, the sets, the cinematography and performances are all top notch, and its really funny at times, but also very sentimental. I cried like a baby during the montage at the end. 

I’m really disappointed with the lack of bloopers, extended, or deleted scenes.  :katie:

Other than that, the movie is perfection.  :clap3:

I finally watched this yesterday and I really liked it!  It was funny, moving, intelligent, emotional, and very clearly got its point across.  I did think it was rather surface level (a few of my female friends found it underwhelming as they didn't take anything new from it), but that's okay.  This is a movie for the general public, and clearly it's resonating with a lot of people.  I'm glad this is a 1.4B dollar film.  I hope a lot of people (men) are learning things or are thinking about things differently because of it.  I hope it continues to shift our culture further in a positive direction.

:clap3: 

Edited by Miles.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.