Barbie | Margot Robbie & Ryan Gosling | MC 80 - RT 88 | BARBILLION 💖

Antisocialites

Sad the strike is happening so none of the cast can talk about it’s insane success or it would be considered promo

• Like 1

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Gossip_Boy

• SmittenCake

Just left the theater and… I didn’t like it :biblio:

I was really excited for this movie, but I couldn’t conncet with it. The humour felt so unffuny to me, I was cringing throughout the whole thing. Perhaps I set my expectations too high.  :doc:

21 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Just left the theater and… I didn’t like it :biblio:

I was really excited for this movie, but I couldn’t conncet with it. The humour felt so unffuny to me, I was cringing throughout the whole thing. Perhaps I set my expectations too high.  :doc:

Same for me. The humor was so silly and childish and had no bite. The flat feet thing sums it up perfectly. Pretty much any modern Disney/Pixar movie has way more enjoyable humor for adult viewers and those are actual kid's movies. :redface:

Oh well. I liked the characters and performances, sets, costumes, styling etc. and the plot (while messy) was creative so it was still enjoyable. 

The you are beautiful scene with the old lady at the bus stop was laced with something. I didn't want it to end. It was so warm and such a beautiful moment :chick3:

Same vibes with the love and attention scene in Lady Bird. 

This movie was WILD! I'll see it again :clap:

Spoiler

The woman at the bus stop, is that meant to be Ruth's daughter Barbara??? She knew the "I know!" phrase and was the only person who reacted naturally with Barbie :soda:

1 hour ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

:alexz:

Holy ****!

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, V$. said:

:gaygacat2:

Did they do Kendom Ken yet? I feel like that would legit be a top seller lmao 

On 8/2/2023 at 2:23 PM, Gaia said:

Sad the strike is happening so none of the cast can talk about it’s insane success or it would be considered promo

Yeah I would love to hear Margot and Greta talk about it more. I'm sure they're really proud and happy. 

Barbie is actually going to benefit so much from the strike. It’s the last thing on anyone’s mind before the strike and since no one can do promo tours it’ll be the “main” movie for a while

• Like 3

Gonna watch second time on sunday. A friend and bunch of colleagues wanna watch as well so I plan on at least two more…

• Like 1

Went and saw it with my family yesterday. This type of genre is up all of our alley but we all thought it was underwhelming. It had some good moments but overall was very mid and didn’t match the hype.

It was ok I guess, get way too preachy toward the end. If it had been more clever it could've delivered the message without the character making a lengthy unconvincing monologue :rip: 

the marketing team deserves gold because the hype surpasses the film quality

5 hours ago, MonsterJohn said:

It was ok I guess, get way too preachy toward the end. If it had been more clever it could've delivered the message without the character making a lengthy unconvincing monologue :rip: 

i agree it was underwhelming (tho i liked it) but if you mean the America’s monologue about women, that was easily the highlight for me.

8 hours ago, MonsterJohn said:

PLEASE tell me you're not talking about America's monologue :rip:

Also i hate the word "preachy", it's such a dog-whistle term :rip:

Seeing this masterpiece again tonight :gayalipacat5:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.