• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bears01

• Communion

• GhostBox

• Into The Void

37 minutes ago, Noah said:

I’m sure telling voters that they forgave 1% of the nearly 2 trillion dollars in student debt will give dems landslide victories in the midterms and 2024 :clap3:  /s

they could forgive it all with the stroke of a pen, but every day they wake up and choose not to :cute:

They cancelled debt for borrowers who truly could not afford to pay it back. Sorry not sorry — but why should taxpayers pay off doctors and lawyers student debt? I'd be glad to see more debt cancelled for low income borrowers. Other than that? Six figure earners can pay for their own.

1 hour ago, Bears01 said:

Take this with a massive grain of salt, and I’ll believe it when I see it, but if so…….how would y’all feel about this? 

Bernie lovers can stop complaining now

• ATRL Moderator
36 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

No. Lower to middle income. Read the article 

I read the article and didn’t see that anywhere. Blanket cancellation should happen imo. 

2 minutes ago, Insanity said:

If Bernie lovers stopped complaining, this wouldn’t even still be a possibility. And it hasn’t happened yet so… the complaints should continue. 

2 minutes ago, Insanity said:

Bernie supporters are right to complain and critique. Biden has been a mediocre (at best) president, and something that is such an easy win amongst young voters has been right there for the taking. 

Besides, it hasn’t even happened yet, there’s just a (solid) chance it will 

I’ll believe it’s when I log into my loan servicer’s site and see a zero dollar balance. :fan:
Also, failing to cancel all student debt based on means testing is counter to the spirit of student debt relief and generally bad policy. Cancel all of it for everyone, not some of it for some people.

14 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

Bernie supporters are right to complain and critique. Biden has been a mediocre (at best) president, and something that is such an easy win amongst young voters has been right there for the taking. 

Besides, it hasn’t even happened yet, there’s just a (solid) chance it will 

nobody wants Trump 2024 but it seems alot of people r just gonna let it happen

8 minutes ago, Insanity said:

Dawg, that’s the last thing I want :rip: I’ll vote for Biden over any Republican (especially Trump or Desantis), but politicians need to be held to account, at all times 

1 hour ago, GhostBox said:

Considering it’s  just over 1% of all debt

Diid you.... read this before posting? :deadbanana4:

17 minutes ago, Insanity said:

"Just gonna let it happen"

WHAT :rip: BIDEN is letting it happen. He's been an objective failure as a president and irrespective of who is his competition in 2024, will probably lose. 

Things are horrible right now. This economic situation seems to just be getting worse and worse with no end in sight. And yet, apart from the half-baked infrastructure bill, there doesn't seem to be any real, solid change taking place. 

2 minutes ago, .Odyssey. said:

WHAT :rip: BIDEN is letting it happen. He's been an objective failure as a president and irrespective of who is his competition in 2024, will probably lose. 

Things are horrible right now. This economic situation seems to just be getting worse and worse with no end in sight. And yet, apart from the half-baked infrastructure bill, there doesn't seem to be any real, solid change taking place. 

things eventually get better 

56 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

They cancelled debt for borrowers who truly could not afford to pay it back.

Actually, that's not the case - they've largely only expanded the public service loan forgiveness program and then expanded the program for those who were defrauded. Many workers in the public service program have some of the most cushion-y jobs, unfortunately, to where the public service program predicates its "benefit" on what ends up not being a reality, evading many actually poor borrowers and the poor people who they think would benefit from increased entrance by educated workers into government jobs.

Meanwhile there's cynicism towards Biden's actions because his DoE was suing permanently disabled Americans who sued to have their debt forgiven because they cannot afford to pay it anymore:

The issue also veers into that means-testing forgiveness frames this as though it's a gift, but that's not why people are demanding student debt forgiveness. The loans are largely predatory, the DoE failed to meet its fiduciary responsibility, and most of these loans were given to borrowers who'd be too poor for a bank to approve such types of loans. Unlawful loans the DoE acted irresponsible in lending out are still ones that should be wiped away regardless of the person is either a retail worker or doctor. 

Edited by Communion

Iam not  for A blanket forgiveness plan. Rich people should not have theirs forgiven. Only those who can’t afford it. ?

if it happens, he's getting a TON of the young vote for 2024

46 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

Iam not  for A blanket forgiveness plan. Rich people should not have theirs forgiven. Only those who can’t afford it. ?

Why do you feel that poor people should have their’s forgiven but not rich? Isn’t it fair that some of the debt holders made ignorant decisions with the degrees or career paths they willingly chose?

It seems more complex than what income bracket one is at.

This heaux!! I literally paid back 8K in student loans two days ago bc I gave up hope that any amount would ever be forgiven

Better something than nothing, I guess

1 hour ago, .Odyssey. said:

The mess is a lot of the economic blowback is also do to republican nonsense. That stunt Gov. Abbott pulled at the border is likely going to have our pockets bleeding for years.

Our politicians are so disruptive and stupid it don’t really matter who at the helm for the next few years, it’s about to get really rough for most Americans.

I still don’t understand why people feel entitled to this. Because you were “scammed” ??? You got an education, now you need to pay for it. You borrowed money now you need to pay it back. I know the system is f*cked up and flawed and we should work to fix it. But seriously grow up and take responsibility for your actions. :giraffe:

can they refund me for paying out of pocket and not taking out irresponsible loans omg 

5 minutes ago, Dula Peep said:

I still don’t understand why people politicians feel entitled to this votes. 

Fixed it for you. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.