• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alfred

• Bicassie

• gettsleazy

• cyclone

Her music is terrible so we're good without it

25 minutes ago, Generation Braindead said:

This is what she gets for releasing **** Pop, the killer of this era. 

Of her career tbh :skull: Poor thing, it's so not worth it for that atrocious music :skull: 

44 minutes ago, XXI. said:

Interesting. They clearly seem to be investing in her with the car wash, Coachella performance, videos, marketing etc.

Sure, the overall strategy has been a bit lackluster but I thought all seemed to be moving forward okay.

Same.

It really just seems like the GP arent here for her. I feel like it's more of the label realizing that and trying to figure out next steps. She's done award shows, festivals, had videos, debuted new songs, her marketing budget has been pretty sizable.  It's just not happening.

Edited by Afterglow

this is honestly really shocking to me because it seemed like her relationship with the label was seemingly pretty good? like she got to do coachella, release **** pop, had the car wash, etc... it would make more sense if she was just sitting around but she released music within the past two months? 

as someone who does like her and doesn't think she's 100% as bad as awful as everyone makes her out to be, it does feel weirdly like karma for the whole kesha/luke situation...

but also if her music is being held back and she's primarily on dr. luke's label this makes me think she doesn't have a good relationship with him after all contrary to what many people seem to think? idk...this is really weird and i feel like we don't really have a good perspective on what's gone on behind the scenes  :bloo:

Ugh I feel so bad for her. I guess Luke doesn’t need her since his main cash cow Doja is happy to keep releasing music under his name and is seeing success

it was beyond idiotic to release that EP and it tarnished her chances for the near future

no one actually likes her music now, it sucks, and her attitude sucks, it's over

had she spoken out against him she’d be in this  exact same position so it’s kinda a lose-lose 

im not about to drag thee trans pop star through the mud though when other girls work with him too, it’s giving performative outrage. hope it gets better for her soon x

She should’ve stayed independent especially as someone who transgender like she is. She should’ve known what would happen if the label didn’t like the results. I don’t think Kim will ever be a mainstream pop girl but I can see her having at best a small dedicated fanbase like charli xcx if she plays her cards right. 

I wanna know why she thought it was a good idea to sign a multi-album deal with L*ke in the first place :rip:

8 minutes ago, Gyal said:

had she spoken out against him she’d be in this  exact same position so it’s kinda a lose-lose 

im not about to drag thee trans pop star through the mud though when other girls work with him too, it’s giving performative outrage. hope it gets better for her soon x

She was an independent artist for a while before she signed a record deal. 

Hard to feel bad for her when she knowingly signed an alleged seven-album deal in the modern era. How did she not realize the label would screw her releases over at some point?

I suspect it’s because she hasn’t gotten some viral tiktok song yet, and she probably won’t get clearance for a release until then.

I mean, can you blame them? She's flop after flop after flop after flop. Although the joke is on them so signing her :rip:

I honestly expected this to be the case once she signed to a major label… and if Luke was a big factor then she really did make a deal with the devil.

I feel conflicted about this - I really want to support Kim but she doesn’t do herself any favours… let’s hope the album gets released before Christmas?

If not - let’s hope her family are we wealthy enough to buy her out of the contract.

She said she had three albums worth of music, she never said she had three albums worth of good music. I trust Republic!

I NEED All She Wants, Revelations and Hit It From The Back in HQ Studio Version tho :chick3:

Welp she’s done :rip: idk why she signed to a label especially such a long one

I kinda feel bad for her but given the entire discourse surrounding her career she must have known what a Dr Luke contract is like :rip:

1 hour ago, moonlitdick said:

Good! I have no sympathy after how she invalidated Kesha’s horrific experience with Dr Luke. **** her & her shitty ass music.

I second this :alexz2:

That's karma for you, Kim. :bibliahh:

After a long long day at work, I couldn't have logged onto ATRL and received better news! This is really what she deserves!

when you do clownery

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.