Harry defends queerbaiting

Alak96

44 minutes ago, Gov Hooka said:

Curious if anyone ever thought artists like David Bowie or Prince or Iggy Pop were queerbaiting. 
prince was flagrant with his love of p.ussy tho so I guess everyone knew he was straight

LoL and isn't Harry biggest song WS about tasting ***** ..

Harry is pretty clear in his music that he's straight

----

Anyway I give it 5 years before he wears str8 clothes (leather boot, jean, white shirt) again and declares 'Im straight , I'm happy to be an ally, but no I don't like dicks'

And then all his fans who fantasize about his queerness will feel betrayed and disappointed ~~

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• More Than A Melody

• Protocol

• Communion

9 hours ago, Beyonnaise said:

The thing that annoys me over this whole situation doesn't even really have to do with Harry. It's that actual out and proud gay artists would never get the level of adoration and fervent cult-like fan support that he does. His stans are so annoying acting like him wearing glitter sometimes is incinerating gender norms. Meanwhile if Troye Sivan wore the same thing those same exact people (let's be real who they are, obnoxious straight girls) would just be like "lol he's such a twink" or "aw that's cute".

Oh well, this :cm:

Charlie Puth's extent of queer-baiting has made me quite appreciate Harry's which is mostly tame and harmless. I say do your ting king

Get the **** over it already :ahh:

10 hours ago, lovedaddy said:

worms for brain

gurl log off

Lol, not at all. I understand his view on things. In my country (and his) where things are equal, labels are becoming less of a thing and don’t really care. People are people, and people like other people. That’s all there is and should be to it. Sexuality can literally be that simple.

I want Harry to put it in my box. I want to put my hands all over his sexy body. 

10 hours ago, Beyonnaise said:

The thing that annoys me over this whole situation doesn't even really have to do with Harry. It's that actual out and proud gay artists would never get the level of adoration and fervent cult-like fan support that he does. His stans are so annoying acting like him wearing glitter sometimes is incinerating gender norms. Meanwhile if Troye Sivan wore the same thing those same exact people (let's be real who they are, obnoxious straight girls) would just be like "lol he's such a twink" or "aw that's cute".

His stans stanning Harry has very little to do with what his sexuality is or what clothes he wears tho :rip:  He already had a crazy stanbase from 1D days, did Zayn also have crazy fans cuz of how he dresses or what? 

Troye Sivan is a youtuber with limited vocal capabilities. I love him, but he has enough success for what he is and I'm sure he is more than happy with his success! 

He can wear whatever her wants without having to talk about his sexuality. I don’t see the problem.

11 hours ago, More Than A Melody said:

You're not treated any differently than we are.

Please. 

Queer women obviously experience discrimination but queer men have always been less accepted and we are more likely to experience hate crimes. I’ve known many homophobes that are ok with women being lesbians/bi but are disgusted with men, there are countries where it’s literally legal to be a lesbian but illegal to be a gay man. 

A large part of that is because of fetishisation straight men have for lesbians which in itself is obviously wrong but the level of hatred many have towards gay men is incomparable.

There is a reason why almost every pop girl has toyed with lesbianism/queer baiting compared to a few male artists. Just because we are part of the same community does not mean we have the same experience. 

Edited by CaptainMusic

4 hours ago, spree said:

he's shaping up to be a legend, imo.  Unique image, great, timeless music.  He's got it all.  I think he's gonna be one of the biggest artists of the decade.

Girl… his image is a severely watered down David Bowie. His latest single is so much of an A-Ha “Take On Me” rip off I’m surprised they haven’t sued. Big =/= Legend. 

He’s another JT. And we all know how that story ends.

24 minutes ago, Protocol said:

Girl… his image is a severely watered down David Bowie. His latest single is so much of an A-Ha “Take On Me” rip off I’m surprised they haven’t sued. Big =/= Legend. 

He’s another JT. And we all know how that story ends.

Nothing about him is legendary in anyway. ATRL calls any successful artist a legend.

The audacity of this straight white man that literally and figuratively dresses up as a queer person to say labels don't matter... That's privilege at its finest.

A lot of other users have said it better than me so I won't reiterate, but it's clear that he plays the game to get the best of both worlds. He knows damn well that if he sticks to one he'd lose the other and vice versa.

I'll never support or enable this behaviour, especially when people like Lil Nas X are out there being their true, authentic, unapologetic self and doing everything and more to get certain demographics to be recognised, appreciated and celebrated in mainstream media.

People really thirst over this :foxaylove2:

9 hours ago, theintriguingone said:

9 pages of discussion when Harry simply said he doesn’t owe strangers an explanation on his sexuality (he’s right, btw). Harry Styles you will always be famous!

MPB!

Everything that's needed to be said has been said here. Culturally there's much bigger fires to put out right now for me to care if he is queerbaiting or not which no one here can even agree on a definition of anyways. What he's doing doesn't immediately strike me as malicious in comparison to say, the drama surrounding Ur So Gay followed by I Kissed A Girl by Katy Perry back in 2008, for example.

It just feels like he's becoming the male Miley Cyrus. It's difficult to stan someone when that someone doesn't have a clear identity. 

8 hours ago, Venice B said:

Not when you've been taking money from people who think you've been in a secret relationship with another man for ten years now :rip:

OT: Love Harry and I do really believe he means no harm and he truly supports the LGBT community. But some of his fans (the majority if we're being honest) do believe that he's a queer man and all of that and he keeps saying things like this to fuel this idea they have of him but he's only been in relationships with women ever since he came into the spotlight. 

We live in an era where queer artists have been speaking up and getting rough consequences because of it. Sam Smith started flopping once he came out. Lil Nas X has been getting harassed and had collaborations denied because he's gay. Some others don't even get the chance to break through just because of who they are. When queer artists get through so much **** it's kinda annoying to have this grown man saying "I don't wanna label myself" but at the same time prancing with LGBT flags on stage and selling merch with LGBT themes. It's like he wants to be part of this "queer world" (or whataver sorry for the lack of words) but don't want to go through what queer people usually have to go through.

B52iolT.gif

rpdr-rpdrs9.gif

3 hours ago, CaptainMusic said:

Please. 

Queer women obviously experience discrimination but queer men have always been less accepted and we are more likely to experience hate crimes. I’ve known many homophobes that are ok with women being lesbians/bi but are disgusted with men, there are countries where it’s literally legal to be a lesbian but illegal to be a gay man. 

A large part of that is because of fetishisation straight men have for lesbians which in itself is obviously wrong but the level of hatred many have towards gay men is incomparable.

There is a reason why almost every pop girl has toyed with lesbianism/queer baiting compared to a few male artists. Just because we are part of the same community does not mean we have the same experience. 

That user knows this, they're purely playing dumb for the sake of defending their cishet fave from being called out. And if you call them out they'll run to the mods crying :bunny:

MSM and WSW are under the same umbrella, but how there are treated in society and how they are invoked in pop culture are very different.

18 hours ago, Both Sides Now said:

It’s straight privilege to say “no labels” 

aubrey1objn1v4sq1.gif

And there it is :celestial3:

37 minutes ago, Rose said:

It just feels like he's becoming the male Miley Cyrus. It's difficult to stan someone when that someone doesn't have a clear identity. 

Miley's identity is doing whatever she wants and being talented and badass tho? She was a little bit off for a few years, but she is fine now. 

And Harry has a very strong identity tbh both musically and in terms of his appearance etc. 

I honestly think stans are overreacting way too much over queerbaiting, let alone that none of us will know for sure if he is actually straight or bi. He could be bi and that would mean he has given us 500 clues and we just took it as queerbaiting. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.