Ariana's Wicked to be two movies

ALA

5 minutes ago, Aristocrat said:

She's been working with Nancy Banks. Nancy has also coached Margot Robbie, Jennifer Garner, Matt Bomer, Jared Leto and many more. 

One actor in this list does not belong in that sentence. 

Im confident Ariana grande will try her best work and give it her all. Ppl always forget she started out in broadway. She putting the work in to be a good actress for this role by having a coach. Plus this is a passion project for Ariana she isn’t going to just copy and paste her lines. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NavyBlue

• Aristocrat

• swissman

• TaylorNation

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Happylittlepunk said:

One actor in this list does not belong in that sentence. 

Im confident Ariana grande will try her best work and give it her all. Ppl always forget she started out in broadway. She putting the work in to be a good actress for this role by having a coach. Plus this is a passion project for Ariana she isn’t going to just copy and paste her lines. 

:rip: i just grabbed the first names i saw on her website 

but i agree. Ariana will, and already is taking this very seriously. she's a huge musical theater fan, and specifically Wicked. she's said multiple times that Glinda was a dream role for her. I think she knows the immense anticipation and pressure riding on this movie. she's been putting in work with her acting coach, and her longtime vocal coach Eric Vetro as well. 

also, I personally truly don't believe Ariana would've got the role if she weren't able to pull it off in an audition well. there's many other big names that would've been more obvious choices if they could've chosen if they wanted to go that route, and many very capable broadway stars, smaller names, etc if they wanted to go that route. 

Unnecessary. 1 film is enough. 

They really believe in it huh? 

Im excited especially since, well I'm not into musicals at all and never seen one.. But I will definitely check it out 

So many people complaining about this but I think it's the right decision. Wicked is essentially "plot by soundtrack" like Mamma Mia or Joseph. All the songs are very important and have a lot of plot relevance - and the dialogue outside of the songs in the stage version is quite limited. That is something that works on stage, but doesn't translate well into movies. The only reason it worked for Mamma Mia is because of how completely un-serious Mamma Mia is, in just being a fun little jukebox musical with a shallow plot. Wicked is a lot more serious of a musical. Making it two films is the only way to include all of the songs without chopping them, but also adding actual dialogue between songs to make it feel like an actual movie instead of a stage show. Most of the songs are super long in the first place, and then you have Wicked Witch of the East not included on the soundtrack, and if they decide to include some new original songs too, that's another thing extending it. Ending on Defying Gravity for Part I sounds epic. 

Sad that the first one is gonna be two years away meaning the second part is even later, but I think this was the best way to not diminish the musical.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.