Azealia evaluates Nicki’s career

Alex

some points were made, but she over stated her global pop success. lol

especially considering most of them were from edm era or feature.

with rise of streaming and hiphop domination, her change to focus on more hiphop was smart thing.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• professor2000

• Superbitch

• mxoonlight

• BOOMBAYAH

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, mxoonlight said:

And now all the labels want the rap girls to be crossover :deadbanana4: the math isn’t mathing

Like Nicki herself aside, the way they tried to discredit her success is exactly what they’re doing now with the Doja isn’t a rapper narrative. They try really hard to box women out of hip hop so they don’t have to be given credence and men won’t have to give up even the slightest bit of control. But let a man jump on any pop song and no one cares.

i just hope that now that there are many prominent mainstream female artists in rap that the trend won’t continue.

Ehh this is a little disingenuous because what male rapper has that have gone full starships and is still respected in hip hop? Like yes Drake did pop crossovers too but he never went full euro pop, and he ALWAYS had hip hop HITS, whilst Nicki’s 3 main hits are all pop/pop crossover (Starships, Superbass, Anaconda). Where’s her No Role Modelz? Bodak Yellow? The Motto? Nice for What? Humble? All of her peers have staple hip hop hit(s). Her biggest/iconic hip hop songs would be Only, Truffle Butter, Chun Li, and Itty Bitty Piggy, with the latter having the most impact. But none of those songs are a staple (besides Itty Bitty Piggy) like a Humble or Big Momma Thang for example.

and the male artist who did go full starships (Flo Rida, Pitbull, and Jason Derulo) can’t even claim hip hop/R&B. Even Usher received backlash when he went pop.

12 hours ago, Aaron said:

Nicki is very male-identified and it’s frustrating. She’ll always want to be seen as ‘one of the guys’ and get praise from men 

Yes she is, hence why she had Kevin Samuels ( a known misogynoir-ist) on her live. Any Black woman with self respect would NEVER have a conversation with him. 

Azealia is always right :cm:

8 hours ago, sadnews said:

with rise of streaming and hiphop domination, her change to focus on more hiphop was smart thing.

She should’ve done it earlier though, imo.  Now it’s back to being cool to be crossover (Doja, Latto, etc).  Lol.  Hell even Megan tried.  

Thats my main complaint about her genre switching…she seems to be just a littttlllleeee bit late on knowing when it’s time to transition + adapt.

2022 Pop Nicki would be interesting to hear imo, given people are mixing genres more now.  Wouldn’t be that same David Guetta type Pop, so it could possibly work across all radio formats (like Latto “BE”).  But maybe that’s just me.  

6 hours ago, TiaTamera said:

Ehh this is a little disingenuous because what male rapper has that have gone full starships and is still respected in hip hop? Like yes Drake did pop crossovers too but he never went full euro pop, and he ALWAYS had hip hop HITS, whilst Nicki’s 3 main hits are all pop/pop crossover (Starships, Superbass, Anaconda). Where’s her No Role Modelz? Bodak Yellow? The Motto? Nice for What? Humble? All of her peers have staple hip hop hit(s). Her biggest/iconic hip hop songs would be Only, Truffle Butter, Chun Li, and Itty Bitty Piggy, with the latter having the most impact. But none of those songs are a staple (besides Itty Bitty Piggy) like a Humble or Big Momma Thang for example.

and the male artist who did go full starships (Flo Rida, Pitbull, and Jason Derulo) can’t even claim hip hop/R&B. Even Usher received backlash when he went pop.

Yes she is, hence why she had Kevin Samuels ( a known misogynoir-ist) on her live. Any Black woman with self respect would NEVER have a conversation with him. 

LNX…???

Granted he didn’t have the same come up as Nicki, but he’s (for whatever reason) accepted in both Pop and Urban spaces.   No one bats an eyelash at it.

Its also a little too specific to call out Euro Pop because that’s not relevant anymore.   But LNX definitely plays both Pop + Hip-hop fields + nobody seems to care.  I guess because they’re distracted by the music video controversies.  :rip: 

Edited by professor2000

10 hours ago, sadnews said:

True. Hip hop is bigger and dominates more than pop these days. Nicki could have another huge hit due to this but she seems too in her head and consumed with what others think.

14 minutes ago, FOCK said:

Love AB, but she stays “evaluating” everyone’s career but her own. :gaycat6:

I’m saying lol and she only had “one hit”. 

212 still bops tho 

Edited by Superbitch

2 hours ago, professor2000 said:

LNX…???

Granted he didn’t have the same come up as Nicki, but he’s (for whatever reason) accepted in both Pop and Urban spaces.   No one bats an eyelash at it.

Its also a little too specific to call out Euro Pop because that’s not relevant anymore.   But LNX definitely plays both Pop + Hip-hop fields + nobody seems to care.  I guess because they’re distracted by the music video controversies.  :rip: 

LNX is accepted in the homophobic urban community? Black people rallied around him with Old Town Road because white people were trying to claim he’s not country because he’s Black, while country was started by Black people. This was before he came out.

there’s always conversations about the emasculation of Black men and LNX is always the scapegoat example.

he’s not respected as a hip hop artist or rapper in the urban community maybe the urban LGBTQ+ community. He’s seen as an entertainer, and that’s it. NO ONE in hip hop is calling LNX a goat in RAP. His bars and lyrical ability is never reference in HIP HOP conversations. 

LNX actually proves my point that male pop rappers aren’t respected either.

and I used euro pop because that’s the main difference between Nicki and her peers (the ones who’s careers were taking off the same time I.e Drake, J Cole & Kendrick). They never went full starships.

She told no lies tbh, but really Azealia should be evaluating her own career or the tiny pieces that are left of it at least.

Nicki is just unfortunately male-identified hence the constant need to prove something to them. 

Azealia Banks worry about your non existent career challenge

Ok, let's evaluate Azealias career 

Releases 212-OUT

The rest is her having beef with another artist... thasss it

5 minutes ago, KingJay said:

Azealia Banks worry about your non existent career challenge

Ok, let's evaluate Azealias career 

Releases 212-OUT

The rest is her having beef with another artist... thasss it

:rip: i love her but tea. I know she’ll switch back on Nicki as she always does but in moments like these she needs to shut up and try to get another hit 

Edited by Breathe On Moi

46 minutes ago, Breathe On Moi said:

:rip: i love her but tea. I know she’ll switch back on Nicki as she always does but in moments like these she needs to shut up and try to get another hit 

That starship is long gone, there's zero chance of any Azealia Banks song becoming a hit- she's burnt one bridge too many in the industry and no one in their right mind would stand behind her. She's been talented but that's not enough to undo all the damage she's done to herself. 

She'll be lucky to be able to do live shows in the coming years

On 4/26/2022 at 5:44 PM, El Chico said:

yeah :rip:

one thing about azealia is she don't miss, ever

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.