4.1M US homes saw The Batman on HBO Max 1st week, 2nd best behind Mortal Kombat

Hector

Not only can Warner Bros. celebrate racking up $750 WW and $365M stateside at the box office on Matt Reeves’ The Batman before the pic’s April 18 debut on HBO Max, but the DC movie’s first week viewership in Smart TV U.S. households at 4.1 million beats the first seven days of such HBO Max/Warner Bros. movies The Suicide Squad ($3.5M), Wonder Woman 1984 (3.2M), The Matrix Resurrections (3.2M) and Dune (2.3M) — all of which were same day theatrical day-and-date movies last year under Warner Bros. pandemic release plan. Batman‘s first week is the second best for a theatrical movie on HBO Max after New Line’s Mortal Kombat (4.3M). The Batman‘s first week was even bigger than Zack Snyder’s Justice League which pulled in 2.2M U.S. households, that pic a direct to HBO Max title.

Zoe Kravitz's The Batman did that :clap3: 

Good :clap3:The 2021 day and date strategy was such an epic fail I-

I think the theatrical window should be at least 60 days though.

I completely forgot that MK movie even existed :rip:

Watched again this weekend, it is fantastic :clap3: 

And with no threats apart from maybe Black Adam; Mortal Kombat’s continued reign at the top  is safe this year, love that for her. :clap3:

For all the hype it has online you would think the Snyder cut did 10 million it’s first week. :rip:

Mortal Kombat is really that big. Too bad the movie was hot garbage. 

But yes for The Batman. :clap3:

Edited by D_Man3379

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.