Funny Girl lead actress panned on Broadway

TaylorNation

The amazing actress who did this in London wasn’t a vocal powerhouse either, just a good singer, but she had the talent to play this character like no one else. Beanie will never be one and only Sheridan Smith. 

Edited by VicHugo

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TaylorNation

• Protocol

• Vermillion

• NausAllien

Top Posters In This Topic

i keep seeing flyers and ads around nyc with praise for this and her, i guess it's all payola from her dad :toofunny3: this obese fraud family

Lea Michele would have killed this but it’s too bad she made so many enemies in real life. Gaga would have been the best choice. 

23 minutes ago, Seiko Oomori said:

i keep seeing flyers and ads around nyc with praise for this and her, i guess it's all payola from her dad :toofunny3: this obese fraud family

you could've dragged without this gross body shaming :biblio:

Lady Gaga is pushing 40, she is at least ten years too old for this part in this play stop it right now :rip:

9 hours ago, TaylorNation said:

it’s simply not a sound you expect to hear on Broadway.

:hoetenks:

The word-of-mouth once this started previews was just... :deadbanana4: Literally lash after lash. And I didn't believe it was that bad at first but this vid from their sitzprobe is wild :toofunny2:

She's an absolutely atrocious actress that plays herself in every role. I'm glad a genuine industry plant is getting dragged for filth. 

7 hours ago, Espresso said:

Gaga’s aesthetic and vocal choices  may have backfired with some critics in the past, and I haven’t followed her closely recently, but this hammy role would’ve been perfect for her.

gaga cant belt

1 hour ago, 4Real said:

:hoetenks:

The bitchy gay Broadway critics really have their claws out for this one :rip: 

1 hour ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

The word-of-mouth once this started previews was just... :deadbanana4: Literally lash after lash. And I didn't believe it was that bad at first but this vid from their sitzprobe is wild :toofunny2:

signsheep.gif

Edited by istersay

I don’t know how the producers or whoever could set her up like this. If you’re going to tackle a role originated by BARBRA STREISAND, you have to be at the very least exceptional. That clip, bless her heart, is a travesty. I feel bad for Beanie tbh. I can see what they thought they were doing, but if she can’t hit the notes or do the belts, find someone else or leave Funny Girl in the vault.

"It took nearly 60 years for “Funny Girl” to receive a Broadway revival – and theater aficionados will probably spend the next 60 years scratching their heads wondering how and why Beanie Feldstein got cast as Fanny Brice"

:skull:

Broadway critics truly are the most brutal of them all.

9 hours ago, Espresso said:

Lea Michele and her Disneyfied *** would’ve been terrible for this role too, so anyone bringing up those comparisons can just sit down.

It takes more than just being able to hit the notes, you have to believe what she’s singing.

Lea does the former and not the latter and Fanny can’t do either.

This is just :rofl:

Honestly I can’t believe Ryan took all this time to revive Funny Girl and when he finally did he put Beanie Feldstein as the lead like… Why? :rofl:

2 hours ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

I didn't know it was this bad wtf the PITCH :bibliahh:

She was poorly cast as Monica Lewinsky as well. 

It should have been LEA...

She's the only one who can make justice to Barbra's songs...

IwzA.gif

10 hours ago, Espresso said:

Lea Michele and her Disneyfied *** would’ve been terrible for this role too, so anyone bringing up those comparisons can just sit down.

It takes more than just being able to hit the notes, you have to believe what she’s singing.

Lea does the former and not the latter and Fanny can’t do either.

Imagine having this terrible take.

Even Beyoncé was f-cking impressed with Lea's vocals:

1 hour ago, NausAllien said:

Imagine having this terrible take.

Even Beyoncé was f-cking impressed with Lea's vocals:

Lea can sing. She has an incredible voice. I never said otherwise. That’s not the point.

I still don’t think she’s right for this role and I’m sticking with that.

11 minutes ago, Espresso said:

Lea can sing. She has an incredible voice. I never said otherwise. That’s not the point.

I still don’t think she’s right for this role and I’m sticking with that.

She already NAILED the role of Fanny in the tidbits we saw in Season 5 of Glee (and everytime she sang a song from it). If there's one young celebrity meant to play Fanny that's Lea Michele. She even LOOKS like a brunette Barbra.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.