Barry (HBO) | Season 4, 100% RT | April 16

Martyr Of Fame

barry-season-3-key-art-385x570.jpg

Bill Hader and company can take a well-deserved bow -- Barry makes its belated return to the screen without missing a step, retaining its edge as one of television’s funniest and most unsettling offerings. 

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/barry/s03

It's. been 84 years but its finally back Sunday :jonny5:

Yesssss can’t wait!!!! Omg the acclaim :jonny5:

Edited by NavyBlue

:duca: 

I need to watch a recap of season 1/2, it's been so long ...

I have the biggest crush for Bill Hader since this show, choke me king

• ATRL Moderator

Excited for the new season (though I have to admit I didn't like season 2 as much as season 1)

Episode 1 was so ******* good :jonny5:

I have no idea what they’re gonna do for the next 7 eps :jonny5:

• ATRL Moderator

Looking forward to watching the series premiere. I was way too tired last night but I've heard nothing but amazing things! 

• ATRL Moderator

The way I had to do so much reading after the episode to remind myself what the hell happened in the first two seasons. It's been way too long!

But I'm looking forward to this season. The relationship with Hank and Cristobal is adorable.

after the long break, ratings down more than 50% from the last premiere.

• ATRL Moderator
On 4/25/2022 at 4:55 PM, McNulty said:

ngl I felt bored watching the ep :coffee:

I also wasn't thrilled with the premiere. I also felt like:

Spoiler

The gunshot effect they used in the middle of conversations was kind of a cheap trick 

16 hours ago, supaspaz said:

The way I had to do so much reading after the episode to remind myself what the hell happened in the first two seasons. It's been way too long!

But I'm looking forward to this season. The relationship with Hank and Cristobal is adorable.

Literally me, I could not remember for the life of me who some of the characters were :rip:

6 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

Damn. 

1 hour ago, Jay07 said:

Damn. 

OTOH, who knows how many people migrated over to watching on streaming. Euphoria's live ratings were down S2 too.

• ATRL Moderator
18 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

I’m not sure how much you can blame that on the long break. All live TV ratings are down tremendously in the past few years. Is this including the streaming views from HBO Max?

long breaks do kill the hype tbh. for example no one talks about Atlanta new season even tho the first 2 were popular on twitter.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2022 at 10:33 AM, supaspaz said:

I’m not sure how much you can blame that on the long break. All live TV ratings are down tremendously in the past few years. Is this including the streaming views from HBO Max?

The second season had Game of Thrones’ final season as it’s lead in. That’s why the ratings eventually grew to 2M+ live during 2/8 episodes. It was always gonna drop once it returned, but even then it’s ratings aren’t too bad considering it’s been off the air for over 2 years.

It doesn’t include streaming or DVR views, just live (for now) :matty: 

On 4/27/2022 at 1:57 PM, McNulty said:

long breaks do kill the hype tbh. for example no one talks about Atlanta new season even tho the first 2 were popular on twitter.

Cause it's ass.

14 minutes ago, Wicked said:

Cause it's ass.

Heard the same thing from a friend, it killed my hype for the season and decided not watch it weekly. now I'm waiting for it to end so I can binge it

On 4/26/2022 at 9:38 PM, fridayteenage said:

HBOMax says hi

56 minutes ago, Wicked said:

Cause it's ass.

31 minutes ago, McNulty said:

Heard the same thing from a friend, it killed my hype for the season and decided not watch it weekly. now I'm waiting for it to end so I can binge it

No it's not, it's a stellar season. Y'all are smokin something.

Apart from 2 so-so episode, the rest is top notch. Even season 2had more bad episodes than this one.

3 hours ago, Eóghan said:

No it's not, it's a stellar season. Y'all are smokin something.

Apart from 2 so-so episode, the rest is top notch. Even season 2had more bad episodes than this one.

Every episode is a snoozefest for me. The lense to white America concept is flat as hell and very rudimentary in politic, not to mention still centering white people in the narrative, completely deviating from prior two seasons which had similar commentary without centering the white American psyche. 

• 1 month later...

I feel like I just got hit by a truck. :jonny2:

I saved eps 2-8 for this week and I feel like i have so much to unpack :jonny2:

Easily the best show out right now. 

• 4 weeks later...

I went back to watch the rest of the season and the show gets so much better after the hideous first episode.

THAT ENDING :jonny5:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.