Katy Perry's PLAY: $668k/show (LEG 2)

Ratviolo

1 minute ago, BawBaw said:

that's not how it works hunny:deadbanana2:

How does it work babes? If you sell 95% tickets at the standard price and a competitor sells 100% of tickets at a higher price for a different event, both events are successes they were just priced differently and one out grossed the other. :deadbanana:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• suburbannature

• perfillusion

• GraceRandolph

• Mariano

Good figures in 2022 I think

2 minutes ago, WERKER said:

How does it work babes? If you sell 95% tickets at the standard price and a competitor sells 100% of tickets at a higher price for a different event, both events are successes they were just priced differently and one out grossed the other. :deadbanana:

......babe why do u think the one with the low prices couldn't sell for much higher? 

She tryed higher pices and couldn't sell so she lowered them cause she has no demand....this is alarming because this is her only 2nd leg and the demand is going only lower and lower 

2 minutes ago, Jotham said:

The way that Gaga stans care more about Play numbers than Katy stans :ahh:

At least someone is caring about them. :fan:

5 minutes ago, Jotham said:

The way that Gaga stans care more about Play numbers than Katy stans :ahh:

It'd bad if we dont return the same level of concern other fanbases show about Gaga's endeavors! :1stplace:

It's always so funny when stans laugh about pop girlies making millions. Some of you won't make that in a year. 

2 minutes ago, WalkAway said:

It's always so funny when stans laugh about pop girlies making millions. Some of you won't make that in a year. 

In this case, this whole forum would be a huge joke. There is probably no member here that would be able to sell even 40k albums (like "Love For Sale") first week, but many are laughting about it.

Good numbers considering both legs were affected by Covid but she still has a 95% attendance & 770k average, which is more than usual residencies. I'm wondering if the packages are counted in the gross since all of them are 500-2500$ & all sold out.

59 minutes ago, Ratviolo said:

@touringdata is a pretty popular account and I, as a fan of a touring artist, keep up with it so I came across those tweets.

Not sure why you would get so mad at someone just reporting numbers? This is a pop forum after all, isn't it? :giraffe:

57 minutes ago, Mariano said:

Awh that's sad, I feel so bad for Katy, first all the OGH abondaned her (after bandwagoning her for years) then a lot of her own stans did, and now her "current stans" don't even care :rip: Congrats I guess? But stay on topic, if u have nothing to comment on Katy's PLAY boxscores, why are you in the thread? 

OT: Underwhelming, J Lo's average was 1M in her second leg and 800k+ in her entire residency. If Katy's average is already 660k with SNL and other promo, what does that mean for her later legs? 

:bibliahh::juanny:

58 minutes ago, Valentine said:

And how much money did you earn last night?

So the second highest average after Gaga's? :gaycat6: Not too bad considering Katy is legitimately over and has been for years now. 

Edited by Jjang

AlexStexaul

not selling well i fear :dancehall3:

I always knew Vegas would be a bad move for her. :heart2: Ahead of my time again I fear.

I don’t know what’s more sad. These numbers or Katy’s second fanbase :rip:

24 minutes ago, Jjang said:

So the second highest average after Gaga's? :rip: Embarrassing for Gaga that a C list is right behind her 

Just from the top of my head, Britney and JLo both had higher averages than Katy's. And how would it embarassing for Gaga when she's literally grossing 2x that and is by far the #1 female artist in Vegas? :rip: y'all don't even try anymore 

Just now, Ratviolo said:

Just from the top of my head, Britney and JLo both had higher averages than Katy's. And how would it embarassing for Gaga when she's literally grossing 2x that and is by far the #1 female artist in Vegas? :rip: y'all don't even try anymore 

Britney's first two legs averaged $689k, Katy's averaged $770k. 

Anywho, not too bad for a flopped artist who lost the majority of her fan base and is a reality star now. 95% sold out with a $200 average ticket price is pretty cool. 

2 hours ago, Ratviolo said:

Numbers are out for the 2nd leg of Katy Perry's Vegas show, PLAY.

Katy grossed $5,342,828 out of 8 shows, which means an average of $668k per show.

The 2nd leg's gross brings the total revenue for the residency to $12,323,124, with an average of $770k per show.

Beyoncé spent less weeks top 10 on BB200 than Gaga, Britney & Taylor.  Surprised? - Battlegrounds - FOTP

At least Katy Perry doesn’t push Judy Garland’s daughter off the stage! 

2 minutes ago, ALittleGauche said:

At least Katy Perry doesn’t push Judy Garland’s daughter off the stage! 

Who pushed Liza off a stage? :deadbanana4:

Remember when Kittens were laughing at Gaga’s health issues after the JWT saying  that she would never tour again? 
Well now Gaga is doing a stadium tour and their fave can’t even be a successful Vegas act. 

Karma keeps hitting them HARD since 2014  and we LOVE to see it:heart::clap3:

Aren't her numbers "underwhelming" relative to only Gaga's? That's not bad, seeing as she's the inferior performer anyway :michael:

44 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Anywho, not too bad for a flopped artist who lost the majority of her fan base and is a reality star now. 95% sold out with a $200 average ticket price is pretty cool. 

I'm no Perry fan but I kind of agree. This really doesn't seem that bad given the state of her music career. I think the show looks horrendous (dueting with a turd is shockingly infantile, even for her), but hey, she's still collecting some coins based on the nostalgic pull of her name so good for her.

95% sold sounds pretty good to me

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.