Bodies Bodies Bodies | A24 slasher | Out now!

The Witch

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Witch

• ChapelHooker

• Reverse Warholian

• genetic fail

I can't wait for this

ezgif.com-resize-3.thumb.gif.9626b01a842

16 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

Only A24 could make a slasher movie look pretentious

Its literally a gif

They have an eXcellent record with horror movies and I expect excellence once again.

50 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

Only A24 could make a slasher movie look pretentious

Sounds like you need better taste 

36 minutes ago, SleepNoMore said:

How did “X” do? 

Daddy Cudi could do no wrong 

Ok, ok, bring the trailer!

Not “scathing satire of woke culture” give it a rest I beg.

Anyway, I’m excited for this; X was one of the most fun cinema trips I’ve had in a while. Horror is delivering the goods.

X was a great slasher film, so I have faith A24 will deliver with this but I hate Gen Z fashion and stuff so much and the stills and other promo things released so far looks really annoying to me and like something from Netflix. 

By combining petty drama, deadpan humor, and the terror of human emotions, the filmmakers effortlessly straddle a liminal space between comedy and horror, never quite tipping their hand too far into either genre. Featuring a solid ensemble of promising young talent, “Bodies Bodies Bodies” is a true crowd-pleaser destined to takes its place on the mantle with seminal horror-comedy faves like “Jennifer’s Body” and “Scream.” 

https://theplaylist.net/bodies-bodies-bodies-review-a-terrific-horror-comedy-evisceration-of-tiktok-era-entitlement/

Reijn masterfully constructs a foreboding and claustrophobic visual landscape. As action escalates, we get multiple shots observing the mansions’ seemingly endless hallways as they menacingly unfurl, as if daring us to imagine what might be lurking at the other end. This tension is deepened when, in the thick of the indoor goose-chase, the girls light their ways with iPhones and glow-sticks, creating a hypnotic, dizzying laser tag-esque war zone.

Bodies is everything it sets out to be. It’s a romp of a good time, stylized with big bold title cards and a soundtrack of club-hits like it’s The Bling Ring’s bloody cousin. It boasts a clever conceit and mostly effective execution, while also offering a refreshing take on the murder mystery. 

https://www.pastemagazine.com/movies/bodies-bodies-bodies-review/

"Bodies Bodies Bodies" lets Lee Pace shimmy around and act like a sinister Labrador retriever. That's a vision, folks.

https://www.austin360.com/story/entertainment/music/sxsw/2022/03/15/bodies-bodies-bodies-sxsw-review/

It all comes together, primarily, because Reijin crafts a convincing mirror against super-online audiences. Her direction imbues this film with a striking originality, wherein the unrelenting tension and paranoid mood combine toward unnerving ends. The lighting, planned in collaboration with cinematographer Jasper Wolf and the actors themselves, rely on sparse lights from cellphones, as they explore the immense mansion for the killer. The chiaroscuro shades create a gripping claustrophobic effect, as the actors fumble around in the dark. I also just love the idea that without wifi, we’d all descend into murder.

https://www.indiewire.com/2022/03/bodies-bodies-bodies-review-halina-reijin-1234708076/

The slow unraveling of trust throughout "Bodies Bodies Bodies" feeds into the movie’s tension, revealing the rust and decay of this particular group of close-knit female friends. They trauma-dump on each other through tears and blood, clawing away at the cracks that have formed in their bonds over the years. Buried texts, cruel jabs told in confidence, and toxic emotions all bubble up until they boil over. The dramatic chaos feeds into the film’s energy, and heightens the stakes of the mystery.

https://www.austinchronicle.com/daily/sxsw/2022-03-15/sxsw-film-review-bodies-bodies-bodies/

The deaths are brutal and bloody but somehow not nearly as savage as the cattiness amongst this group. DeLappe and Reijn take aim at prevalent social media toxicity, privilege, and false allyship and friendships through biting satire. The pitch-black humor has sharp teeth and hurts almost as much, sometimes more, as the gnarly kills.

The raging hurricane blowing outside is tame compared to the abject chaos raging within the walls of the affluent remote mansion. In the most twisted and sordid way, it’s deeply funny, with cutting observations on modern reactive tendencies over really listening. 

https://bloody-disgusting.com/reviews/3707033/bodies-bodies-bodies-review-brutal-murder-mystery-delivers-scathing-social-satire/

So much of these character’s lives have been built on buzz word-friendly exteriority and the presentation of self that they fail to recognize and address the actual hollowness of the infrastructure of their relationships. Hung up with their own virtue signal cycles in an attention economy that minimizes genuine connection over the social currency of viewership and likes. Turns out that hanging out with a walking, talking Twitter thread contains but the shallow multitudes of a 280 character limit.

With a title like "Bodies Bodies Bodies", there’s an expectation for a certain level of blood and viscus and the A24 horror film delivers on that front without ever being objectively gross or gory without cause. But so too is Reijn’s a far cry from the “elevated horror” that has so often defined genre output from the studio. In effect, the film is more satirical than sinister and finds a way to deconstruct the sub-genre to break to a friend culture of competition, image, and – ultimately – distrust. It’s a clever and timely pivot for the tired slasher genre and one that keeps us guessing up until the moments when things finally become clear. 

https://silverscreenriot.com/sxsw-22-punchy-bodies-bodies-bodies-subverts-slasher-formula/

There’s a message buried somewhere in all this — about how today’s twentysomethings are too obsessed with creating demons, often out of thin air, and knocking them down. Yet it’s not as if the movie doesn’t revel in that. In a way, it takes mean-girl culture to its logical conclusion, asking: What’s the point of having friends if they’re simply the people you’re most comfortable hating?

https://variety.com/2022/film/reviews/bodies-bodies-bodies-review-pete-davidson-1235204776/

Yeah, this is gonna complete the A24 slayity with Spring Breakers and The Bling Ring.

89bf31c90183af9b308d384fd8d5493d7ed79439.gif

29 minutes ago, Chamoy said:

Yeah, this is gonna complete the A24 slayity with Spring Breakers and The Bling Ring.

Not their 2 crappiest movies. 

89bf31c90183af9b308d384fd8d5493d7ed79439

On 4/23/2022 at 3:31 PM, Jessie said:

Not “scathing satire of woke culture” give it a rest I beg.

Anyway, I’m excited for this; X was one of the most fun cinema trips I’ve had in a while. Horror is delivering the goods.

A24 their Assassination Nation, I fear.

interested to see amandla in this :chick2: 

5 hours ago, Coma Baby said:

Not their 2 crappiest movies. 

on mars maybe

Edited by Seiko Oomori

19 hours ago, Chamoy said:

The taste

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.