Did you watch the Abercrombie and Fitch documentary?

Thinking Of You

Thinking Of You

Did you guys watch? It’s on Netflix right now. Thoughts? 

What a complete mess. The stores hiring you based on how attractive you are, putting the POC employees in the stock room, the photographer of the infamous store display pictures and catalogs sexually assaulting the male models, the CEO of Abercrombie being closeted :skull:

Edited by Thinking Of You

I did! I thought it was pretty interesting. I had no clue a case went to the Supreme Court. And of course Thomas was the sole person to not vote in favor of the woman :skull: 

I haven't but I don't know why people are surprised, we knew this for YEARS but chose to look the other way.

Same thing with employees complaining about a "toxic work environment" now when back then they were ALL rubbing it in our faces because they thought they were the **** working for them.

Anyway chile, let me ignore this story until the next cancellation round comes around. :celestial5:

The blatant racism and just overall elitism of a mall brand not even that long ago is so wild to think about, especially compared to the fake corporate diversity and "authenticity" that has been pushed so heavily since the mid-2010s. Like... all those people in the movie talking about their experience being discriminated against while working there are still young.

I'm glad they delved into the complexity of Bruce Weber, whose work was groundbreaking and honestly beautiful iconic gay photography, but he himself is a huge creep. It makes me wish someone who isn't a sexual harrasser would just copy his style and make that same sort of photography, with more diversity among the models.

Edited by Beyonnaise

19 minutes ago, rivers said:

I did! I thought it was pretty interesting. I had no clue a case went to the Supreme Court. And of course Thomas was the sole person to not vote in favor of the woman :skull: 

I screamed at her clocking him for that, she was a queen. It was so dumb for Abercrombie not to settle, especially since by then it was already the Tumblr social justice era and people started hating them even more because of it :deadbanana:

Watched it and it's cool there are changes to brands to be more inclusive. History shouldn't repeat itself

Kinda nasty the CEO and campaign photographers were white supremacists 

I worked for the company (at Hollister) from 2007-2012. I don’t need to watch a documentary to know how awful and racist they were.

Thinking Of You
6 minutes ago, XVIIII said:

I worked for the company (at Hollister) from 2007-2012. I don’t need to watch a documentary to know how awful and racist they were.

Ooh. Give us some stories.

I haven’t watched it but I’ve heard some stories about it before, most people who worked there always have some stories to tell about the terrible environment at work 

the more you dig in the more messed up **** you find :chick3:

Edited by Gerardo

54 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

Did you guys watch? It’s on Netflix right now. Thoughts? 

What a complete mess. The stores hiring you based on how attractive you are, putting the POC employees in the stock room, the photographer of the infamous store display pictures and catalogs sexually assaulting the male models, the CEO of Abercrombie being closeted :skull:

Who was surprised by this?  :skull:

Doesn't seem that crazy to me

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.