House of the Dragon | Season 2 | Episode 3: 'The Burning Mill' | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

I thought Rhaenyra wasn't going to realize that her father was talking about Aegon the Conqueror before the scene ended I was about to LOSE IT

• Like 5

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

Why do I find the final Rhaenyra scene weird?

It's weird to me how she just enters Kings Landing and approaches the queen dowager unnoticed in times of war.

Edited by Whis

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Whis said:

It's weird to me how she just enters Kings Landing and approaches the queen dowager unnoticed in times of war.

No weirder than the literal KING hanging out at a dive bar in times of war with no protection outside of his wimpy friends :deadbanana2: These royals are wild.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not quite getting what are they trying to allude with Seasmoke this episode? 

I know he cannot be claimed until Laenor passes. Is him flying around Rhaenyra in distreess a sign Laenor perished? (Dragons can feel the pain of their riders, much like Syrax was feeling Rhaenyra's pain while she was in childbirth).

Also, the comment Mysaria made about him being lonely and him flying around  Addam the past episode makes me thing he'll be claimed

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Lexiel said:

I'm not quite getting what are they trying to allude with Seasmoke this episode? 

I know he cannot be claimed until Laenor passes. Is him flying around Rhaenyra in distreess a sign Laenor perished? (Dragons can feel the pain of their riders, much like Syrax was feeling Rhaenyra's pain while she was in childbirth).

Also, the comment Mysaria made about him being lonely and him flying around  Addam the past episode makes me thing he'll be claimed

I thought all that was just supposed to prime us for a wider revelation that Laenor is alive, since the viewer knows this, but most of the characters don't. I haven't read the book or seen spoilers so this is just a theory, but I thought they were trying to sow the seeds of some reveal.

1 hour ago, Lexiel said:

Feels like they're setting it up for Rhaena to claim seasmoke by blatantly stating she has no dragon is a main reason why she'd do good to raise Rhaenyra's little ones (?) idk that's the impression I was getting

God I hate book readers with adapted screen plays. Always complaining every every ******* scene. Stfu and stop watching if you hate everything :bibliahh:

And even GOT had the "good vs bad guys" theme as you can't sit here and tell me Starks vs. Lannisters wasn't a main theme the entire show. Or really Starks vs. Anyone :deadbanana4:

Edited by Gaia
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Whis said:

This was my only complaint this episode, the hardship of getting into the city unnoticed etc. was basically counteracted in a one minute scene with Mysaria just to make Alicent and Rhaenyra be able to do a scene together. It was giving Dany omnipresent beyond the wall and then back at Dragonstone 20 minutes later, but worse.

• Like 1

Alicent not running out and snitching on Rhanerya is the biggest plot hole since the Lord of ships wife not igniting the greens in season. 

Just now, makeme said:

Alicent not running out and snitching on Rhanerya is the biggest plot hole since the Lord of ships wife not igniting the greens in season. 

But... those aren't plotholes

Rhaenys gave a perfectly good reason as to why she didn't attack.

Alicent realized the mistake she made and was probably shook because of that.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Liafen said:

But... those aren't plotholes

Rhaenys gave a perfectly good reason as to why she didn't attack.

Alicent realized the mistake she made and was probably shook because of that.

Maybe I misunderstood what a plot hole is but both of those actions could've easily ended the war. Sure that wouldn't make good tv but some of these actions are so stupid and unrealistic :rip:

Edited by makeme

9 hours ago, Mr_campbell said:

Loved Baela, a bad ass in the book and a bad ass on screen :clap3:

Her scene with Moondancer gave me chills. She showed her bravery and skills as a dragonrider. She had no doubts about her mission. I loved the haunting and ghostly scenes of Harrenhal too. The rest of the episode was mediocre compared to last week's one, tho :eatpopcorn:

5 hours ago, Lexiel said:

they kinda gave a hint in the past episode

3 hours ago, makeme said:

Maybe I misunderstood what a plot hole is but both of those actions could've easily ended the war. Sure that wouldn't make good tv but some of these actions are so stupid and unrealistic :rip:

Alicent is religious, she wouldn't spill blood in the sept + she wouldn't kill someone dishonorably like that. things like Red Wedding, the killing of Luke, B&C and Arryk/Erryk stuff are things that are despised in the eyes of Westerosi people. Alicent follows the rules 

Rhaenys scene in the S1E9 was a mess tho

• Like 5

That was an INCREDIBLE episode!

Harrenhal scenes, The Sept, the baby dragons and eggs!

Aegon TC's armor!

Too many missed opportunities to just burn the Greens to ashes.

Flops

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.