House of the Dragon | Season 2 | Episode 3: 'The Burning Mill' | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

I loved it. **** the greens. Burn and kill them all  :coffee2: slay those children, slay those dragons, bring them on the spike :gaycat2:

Edited by cognitus.
  • Haha 1

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Drowned8World

• mystery

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

i knew better than to build up blood and cheese in my head what a colossal disappointment i am so sick of being robbed of the best storylines in the got universe

alicent please get a ******* life... jealous of rhaenyra all her life... stole her dad, stole her throne, stole her man...

nene GIF

• Like 2

The way there is meant to be no good or bad side but I know NOBODY that support the greens :ahh:

Alicent must BURN.

• Like 1

Spoiler

surprisingly I didn't hate Allicent as much in this episode, I even felt bad for her. her sons are growing up and stopped heeding her, her father is not showing any respect in public etc. the only way for her to have some power and be in control is to have sex with that crazy kingsguard I guess. 

poor Rhaenyra though. I would have marched to the greens with all my dragons a long time ago.

overall this was a great start. the blood and cheese moment was a little anticlimactic for me but it was a sufficient way to stir things up even more between the two houses. perched for episode 2. 

They kinda butchered the Blood and Cheese scene

6c3f70d1b0d058c706186ab486df0c12a7932b8b

2 hours ago, RideOrDie said:

alicent please get a ******* life... jealous of rhaenyra all her life... stole her dad, stole her throne, stole her man...

nene GIF

Rhaenyra literally rejected "her man" for the throne, so Ms Alicent didn't steal nothing. And it's not her fault her own dad pimped her out to the king. 

1 hour ago, Blue. said:

The way there is meant to be no good or bad side but I know NOBODY that support the greens :ahh:

Alicent must BURN.

Yeah because the point of the story goes over the GPs mindless heads, they can't accept a story unless there's an "OMG EVILLLL" side and an "OMG YASSS QUEEN" side. 

They ALL need to burn. 

Edited by Itz_Dani!

Also why are the Starks so adored by the GP? They're bland and not that interesting.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Itz_Dani! said:

Rhaenyra literally rejected "her man" for the throne, so Ms Alicent didn't steal nothing. And it's not her fault her own dad pimped her out to the king. 

watch the first episode where young alicent was gooning over criston, she had eyes on him from the beginning

rhaenyra told criston they could still **** on the dl while she married a gay boy for appearances but he wanted her to run away with him

and guess what he is now? a dl fuckboy whose only purpose is to be a tongue and pole, what's different now? HYPOCRITE HOMOPHOBE killed the gay hottie's bf for NO REASON 

and you know damn well she loved the opportunity of being a queen, going behind rhaenyra's back

:rogue:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

the episode was great until the last scene was ass, they should've followed the book but they keep ******* themselves as always in order to make the blacks/Rhaenyra look good and loved. anyway **** the blacks and the writers

Edited by McNulty

9 hours ago, ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚ said:

Had no complaints about the episode until B&C played out (except for the HORRIBLE wig they put on Helena's daughter :rip:)

I don't understand why they PG'd it. This together with the Red Wedding are some of the most gruesome moments in the GOT universe. RW wouldn't have had the same impact, the show wouldn't have had the same impact if the RW was PG'd.

6 hours ago, Cleanromantic said:

They're still whitewashing and Jon Snoring Rheanyra. This was the opportunity to actually give her character some complexity but they went the safe, fan servicy way again. They downplayed the blood and cheese thing and Helena's suffering. Allicent was supposed to be present but they chose to villainize her and had her have sex instead, all to appeal to the rabid Blacks fans :ace:. They're trying so hard to justify what team Demon and Rheanyra are doing, by making it seem like killing the young boy wasn't the plan from the start to absolve them of any blame...

6 hours ago, Karla Cabello said:

this is my main problem with it... like they are pushing this "choose a side" promo, but they actually whitewash rhaenrya and team black and make them the heroes and the green the baddies... there is complexity missing and what was supposed to be a pivotal moment for the development of the dance was kinda just there.

11 minutes ago, McNulty said:

the episode was great until the last scene was ass, they should've followed the book but they keep ******* themselves as always in order to make the blacks/Rhaenyra look good and loved. anyway **** the blacks and the writers

Honestly, the PG'd version of B&C is mostly to do with the massive stigma of showing children hurt/in distress/connected to k*llings etc. in the Western World, not them 'whitewashing' the Blacks. HBO legally can't show what happened in the books without massively toning it down. Once a Hannibal episode was literally banned because one of the side stories included a child killing their own family :skull: 

That being said, B&C was pretty... underwhelming, yeah. Without reading the books, I kept hearing about it here and elsewhere (and somehow thought that it would be about a feast similar to the RW because of the cheese part :rip:) but after watching the episode, I couldn't even say if that was Blood and Cheese if I wouldn't have seen prior on Twitter that it's gonna go down in this first episode. I am just mostly glad Haelena came out of it relatively unharmed, I thought they were going to kill her off. She's such an interesting character and the actress playing her does such an awesome job that I would've been so sad about her death. 

On the contrary, can someone finish Jace off quickly? That actor is so annoying with the one-faced pouting :skull: 

• Like 1

The way people hate Alicent so much is crazy to me, of the Greens she's one of the least awful (not that it says much). 

Her sons and Otto are ****ing AWFUL :skull: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

The way people hate Alicent so much is crazy to me, of the Greens she's one of the least awful (not that it says much). 

Her sons and Otto are ****ing AWFUL :skull: 

This pretty much. She's NASTY, but she's no Cersei. 

4 hours ago, Terylee said:

Cole and Alicent - The jokes write themselves. :toofunny3:

Both are hypocrites. Belongs to each other tbh.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, RideOrDie said:

nene GIF

You mean her sloppy seconds? :ghostface:

18 minutes ago, Liafen said:

This pretty much. She's NASTY, but she's no Cersei. 

Cersei had an endearing quality to her, She was cunning and vicious and you knew what to expect from her. Alicent is angry and resentful and jealous but too powerless and afraid to do anything so she just sulks around and acts out lol

Not Cregan Stark confirming once again that the ending of GoT is fanfiction. Dragons won't fly north of the wall.

:suburban:

• Haha 10

That Sophie's Choice ending gagged me and I didn't see it coming :deadbanana4: Good premiere. Emma D'Arcy is acting their ass off!

14 minutes ago, Terylee said:

Not Cregan Stark confirming once again that the ending of GoT is fanfiction. Dragons won't fly north of the wall.

:suburban:

Dany stans still in delusion after all these years :bibliahh:

• Haha 2

I believe the coming episodes will address why Helaena didn't even bother trying to lie about which one Jaehaerys was. They didn't have Blood say, "She wouldn't give up the heir so easily" for her to have actually given up the heir that easily. :rip: I'm personally of the mind she was realizing what her dreams about the rats meant and that she couldn't save him, but she could get away with her daughter if she tried. 

As a book reader, I'm not upset at all they changed it. I think seeing and hearing your sons head sawed off is just as traumatic as being forced to choose between your children and that her response to the whole ordeal was in line with her characterization. It's not that she unemotional like some people are saying, she was in shock and trying to survive with her daughter. I think Phia did a great job of portraying the emotions coming through but pushing them back down as she made her escape. She simply didn't have time to fall apart yet.

2 hours ago, RideOrDie said:

watch the first episode where young alicent was gooning over criston, she had eyes on him from the beginning

rhaenyra told criston they could still **** on the dl while she married a gay boy for appearances but he wanted her to run away with him

and guess what he is now? a dl fuckboy whose only purpose is to be a tongue and pole, what's different now? HYPOCRITE HOMOPHOBE killed the gay hottie's bf for NO REASON 

and you know damn well she loved the opportunity of being a queen, going behind rhaenyra's back

:rogue:

wait he killed a gay bf? i forgot can you remind me

I really liked the ep up until the end.  Blood & Cheese was such an underwhelming flop.  It happened too quickly, they didn't showcase Helaena and her children enough beforehand so there was no emotional impact, and worst of all, they removed the Sophie's Choice element.  I'm totally fine with them toning down the violence, but having B&C ask "which one is the boy" instead of "choose which one you want to die" was so disappointing.  

7 hours ago, eclipsed said:

Episode 1 was alright. I'm rewatching GoT atm currently on season 3 and this just doesn't compare. The stakes aren't as high and the characters pale in comparison, its not bad but nowhere near as gripping. I've heard talk of blood and cheese, I'm hoping that wasn't supposed to be this series red wedding and theres more excitng/shocking moments to come because that had no impact on me whatsoever.

It was :rip: 

I was so embarrassed last night after hyping it up to my non book reader friends only for them to be like "that's it?"

But there will be other shocking/exciting moments coming soon.

They really pulled out all the stops for this season!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cleanromantic said:

Dany stans still in delusion after all these years :bibliahh:

Where? It literally says it in the books and now also confirmed in the show where G.R.R. Martin is actually still involved. Can't say the same about the last few GoT seasons. I doubt we will get the last two books, but if we ever will, we won't get Daenery's dragons flying north of the wall like they did in Season 7. Or do you think the books will exactly play out like the show? :toofunny3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.