House of the Dragon | Season 2 | Episode 2: 'Rhaenyra the Cruel' | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

1 minute ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

He is telling the prophecy of the Prince that was Promised, it's a big plot point in Game of Thrones, the Prince (or Princess) that is promised won't be born for another couple of generations

Spoilers for GoT obviously:

https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/The_Prince_That_Was_Promised

Yeah I mean I watched game of thrones but what about Aegon? And what was the thing Alicent had to do?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

16 minutes ago, Richie.Valdez said:

I didn’t understand the ending, what did visaerys meant about the north, the darkness, the true prince, the song of ice and fire, aegon and something Alicent must do? Someone please explain please 

He was very ill and drugged out that he thought he was talking to Rhaenyra because the night before Rhaenyra asked him if he indeed believed in the prophecy of "The Song of Ice and Fire," which he did not get to answer then.

If you recall from an earlier episode after Viserys named young Rhaenyra his heir, Viserys told Rhaenyra the prophecy and that she was supposed to carry it with her and pass it onto her heir (and no one else was supposed to know). But because Alicent had never heard of the prophecy (cuz it was not meant for her), she is going to interpret the jumble of words ("The prince that was promised," "Aegon (he meant Aegon the Conquerer who started this prophecy)," "You (Viserys meant Rhaenyra here) must do this" etc.) the way she wants to... you can probably piece it together what she thinks Viserys meant.

Edited by Contessa

1 minute ago, Richie.Valdez said:

Yeah I mean I watched game of thrones but what about Aegon? And what was the thing Alicent had to do?

Jon Snow's real name is Aegon. I'm assuming Viserys believes his son is the prince that was promised and wants Alicent to unite the houses against the bigger threat. Obviously he's wrong as the prophecy isn't fulfilled in any of their lifetimes and Alicent mistakes his words in thinking that he wants her son to be king and for Westeros to unite under him

2 minutes ago, Contessa said:

He was very ill and drugged out that he thought he was talking to Rhaenyra because the night before Rhaenyra asked him if he indeed believed in the prophecy of "The Song of Ice and Fire," which he did not get to answer then.

If you recall from an earlier episode after Viserys named young Rhaenyra his heir, Viserys told Rhaenyra the prophecy and that she was supposed to carry it with her and pass it onto her heir (and no one else was supposed to know). But because Alicent had never heard of the prophecy (cuz it was not meant for her), she is going to interpret the jumble of words ("The prince that was promised," "Aegon," "You (Viserys meant Rhaenyra here) must carry it" etc.) the way she wants to... you can probably piece it together what she thinks Viserys meant.

Thank you! 

Aemond Rhaenyra Alicent Viserys slayed the episode wow

3 minutes ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

Jon Snow's real name is Aegon. I'm assuming Viserys believes his son is the prince that was promised and wants Alicent to unite the houses against the bigger threat. Obviously he's wrong as the prophecy isn't fulfilled in any of their lifetimes and Alicent mistakes his words in thinking that he wants her son to be king and for Westeros to unite under him

Ugh Alicent, so unlikeable and she isn’t even like a bad bish like Cersei.. she is just a dull character, a dull unfit mother, she did nothing right. EVER. (imo)

GJKDFSD Alicent's gonna RUN with what dying visrys mumbled :deadbanana2:

3 minutes ago, BlackAura said:

Any dragon scenes ??

just one

15 minutes ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

He's talking about Aegon the conqueror

14 minutes ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

I think the Aegon's he mumbled about is Aegon the conqueror since he was the one who initially passed the prophecy down 

Mysaria!!! What is she up to!?!

Edited by chris1991

Spoiler

Wish the way Alicent turned was because her father feeding her more paranoia. And Alicent uses gods’ wish as excuse to put Aegon on the throne.

Using the prophecy is so contrived

5 minutes ago, Contessa said:

Reveal hidden contents

Wish the way Alicent turned was because her father feeding her more paranoia. And Alicent uses gods’ wish as excuse to put Aegon on the throne.

Using the prophecy is so contrived

I agree, lol. And it makes the character more sympathetic and indecisive. It takes a way her character from being a “player of the game”, instead she’s just following the King’s dying wish ?

I'm sorry but I hate the last scene, If they wanted Alicent to be more sympathic then they should let Otto be the one who tries to crown Aegon, along with Criston and Larry, this thing with the broken phone is just too much...

The episode was entertaining but I can’t wait for this season to be over and move on to the next generation, too many time skips and messiness, thank god that Viserys is done now.

And wtf Rhaenyra has 5 kids now???

1 hour ago, Mariah's Glove said:
  Hide contents

It will probably be E1 or 2 of S2, considering this season most likely ends with the event that causes it

Spoiler

So they only have 2 episodes to make us care about Heleana. Because as a non book viewer, she is very expandable in my eyes. These big deaths scenes work because we care about the person dying. The violence only will not be enough.

I’m excited about whatever is about to happen. People have been hyping it up since episode 1.

10 hours ago, Haus-Of_Mck said:

NO ONE cares about Starks :fan: The BETTER House WON and ratings don't lie :alexz2:

At this point, after 8 episodes, I don’t see how a Starks prequel wouldve been worse than what we are watching. They can do a lot with the Starks and all their neighbors. Retelling King Brandon’s story wouldn’t be so corny per example. These internal targaryen fights, you easily get tired of them, and this show looks like it doesnt have the budget to match its ambitions 

I still dont know why they cancelled the other game of thrones spin off. The one they shot 1 episode for

8 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

I still dont know why they cancelled the other game of thrones spin off. The one they shot 1 episode for

Because it was really bad

Edited by M André

Just now, M André said:

Because it was really bad

What was it about? What book was it based on. It had a pretty cool cast

3 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

What was it about? What book was it based on. It had a pretty cool cast

One youtuber got some leaks and it was about the battle of the first men with the children of the forest. But they changed the children of the forest to be originally black people who turned children of the forest. It was a mess.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.