House of the Dragon | Season 2 | Episode 2: 'Rhaenyra the Cruel' | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

1 hour ago, BlackAura said:

Still a kii how TargaryenNation bullied the **** out of HBO, so they cancelled that Stark prequel to make this :bibliahh:

who wanna watch the boring starks prequel!!

good that they bullied them

aegon conquest and before the doom of valyria is more interesting to watch than that 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

5 minutes ago, supertiffany said:

who wanna watch the boring starks prequel!!

good that they bullied them

aegon conquest and before the doom of valyria is more interesting to watch than that 

The Long Night would be an excellent prequel had we not known all of the mysteries around it already. It just feels redundant after season 8 now. 

Valyria, smth about the first men or the andals sound way more interesting and with possibilities of good tv drama and action. Then in the future, smth about the far east...

Just now, Repelex said:

The Long Night would be an excellent prequel had we not known all of the mysteries around it already. It just feels redundant after season 8 now. 

Valyria, smth about the first men or the andals sound way more interesting and with possibilities of good tv drama and action. Then in the future, smth about the far east...

yeah

essos can co-exist while the series is ongoing because that's like a whole different universe. 

1 hour ago, BlackAura said:

Still a kii how TargaryenNation bullied the **** out of HBO, so they cancelled that Stark prequel to make this :bibliahh:

NO ONE cares about Starks :fan: The BETTER House WON and ratings don't lie :alexz2:

A Valyria show would never work properly as a live-action show imo. We're already getting barely any dragon moments as is and Valyria had hundreds upon hundreds of dragons. I don't think HBO has the budget for that kind of show to work convincingly. I think an animated show would work better for Valyria or maybe a high-budget theatrical movie trilogy if they want to take a risk.

But as for future potential HOTD stories, I think potential candidates are…

- Aegon's Conquest and Maegor's reign & downfall

- the Blackfyre rebellion

- Robert's Rebellion

I think these 3 stories (+ the current story ofc) are the big cornerstones of Targaryen rule, so I could see the show tackling all of them.

imagine a horror-like show in Asshai :jonny: THAT would be so new and fresh for the GoT universe.

Aegon's conquest would be so boring to watch tho. Unless they spin it and turn the focus on the smallfolk or something as they all suffer from this foreign conqueror with strange unholy customs and the in universe equivalent of nuclear bombs

Not people melting down over hella vague mentions of the books with literally no spoilers or even the slightest of insinuations?

Unless there’s other spoilery posts that I’m not seeing over the last couple of pages. I haven’t read the many of the earlier pages of this thread.

YASSS @ the starkkk show getting lashed!

Would SO be here for Valyria, Asshai, Essos, Nymeria's journey

1 hour ago, DirtyPony87 said:

Not people melting down over hella vague mentions of the books with literally no spoilers or even the slightest of insinuations?

Unless there’s other spoilery posts that I’m not seeing over the last couple of pages. I haven’t read the many of the earlier pages of this thread.

Right? Rhyneria being fat and easily mad is a spoiler? It would have been a spoiler if mentioned before the time jump but now they already set her look and character. It’s like saying Tyrion is uglier and has a big scar in the books. An observation. 

A civil war between the Targaryens… um we all know that’s coming.

Now if we mention how someone dies or what they do… then ***** away. 

OT… hope to see Sunfyre and Dreamfyre soon. 

4 hours ago, PaloSanto said:

Aegon's conquest would be so boring to watch tho. Unless they spin it and turn the focus on the smallfolk or something as they all suffer from this foreign conqueror with strange unholy customs and the in universe equivalent of nuclear bombs

I feel like maybe starting HoTD with the conquest and maybe focus one season or half a season on that (never thought about it before until someone mentioned  it on here but yes it’s pretty much one sided; not much of a conflict most of Westeros surrenders easily.) Then whatever else comes after between the conquest and the current story of the Dance of Dragons another season and starting this current timeline in season 3  all the way to season 6 would’ve been a decent idea. 

Awww Visery's death was so sad 

:cries:

It was nice to see Rhaenyra & Alicent make up though I don't think that'll last long.

I can't believe Daemon SLICED the head of Vaemon :rip: That was like the Will Smith Oscar slap x1000.

Aemond is still insufferable grown up as he was as a child.

Next week's episode looks so INTENSE and SO MUCH is going to happen in the trailer alone :duca: 

Edited by Hector

1 minute ago, Nicholai said:

Best episode. Paddy Considine deserves that Emmy.

Yeah.. he’s definitely getting that Emmy nod. 

The lack of dragons pisses me off NGL!!!

3 minutes ago, Puttanesca said:

Also, I can't at Jon Snow's boring ass ruining this family even more.

angry-white-woman-screaming.gif

:ahh: King Snow’s prophecy being the cause of the Targaryen demise is kinda hilarious

The fact Daddy Snow isn’t even the one that kills The Night King Djejejejejje FLOP ASS PROPHECY

14 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I already disliked this nonsensical prophecy track but reducing the entire conflict to a misunderstanding caused by a dying man's mumbling made it even worse

I'm pretty unhappy with this too and how Rhaenyra is being whitewashed. The Blacks are no heroes by any stretch of the imagination

14 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

Why does new Aemond looks like he's at least 10 yrs older than new Aegon :deadbanana4:

That's all I kept thinking about too :bibliahh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.