House of the Dragon | Season 2 | Episode 2: 'Rhaenyra the Cruel' | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

9 minutes ago, cognitus. said:

Starks can rot for all I care :rofl: I hope Snow show flops or gets cancelled :gaycat2:

Mood, Death to All those treasonous *****, except Cregan Stark (who is the man the GOT starks pretend that they are). 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

10 minutes ago, RihFenty20 said:

Mood, Death to All those treasonous *****, except Cregan Stark (who is the man the GOT starks pretend that they are). 

Black Aly her power

:alexz: 

3 hours ago, Rigalo said:

My biggest issue with the pacing is why have they been hinting that the king is dying/deathly/sick when this corpse has made it through 4 time jumps by now. I thought he was going to die every episode that’s happened :rip: 

preview for next week is SICKENING 

About five more kids important to the story need to be born before he dies.  He's still with us until that happens.

3 hours ago, Rigalo said:

My biggest issue with the pacing is why have they been hinting that the king is dying/deathly/sick when this corpse has made it through 4 time jumps by now. I thought he was going to die every episode that’s happened :rip: 

preview for next week is SICKENING 

Right? I thought the reasoning behind him being portrayed as sickly was because he was going to die early, but he's literally living life (so far) to a normal age of death? :deadbanana4: I guess instead, his physical sickness is suppose to symbolise his weakness as a ruler?

Young rhaenyra>>>old rhaenyra,  meanwhile old alicent>>>>young alicent...

Emma is really a disappointment compared to milly, it feels like watching 2 completely different characters i know its a time jump but still the change in upbringing and mannerism is very dramatical,  how she became very melancholic and dramatic serving spoiled princesss while milly serving strong bi#tch energy... Ugh... Alicent better serve cersei realness otherwise this show will go nowhere and having zero characters that worth rooting for... 

Edited by Pinter

It's funny how they selectively picked who gets to age so the audience stays. It kind of feels off.

Pacing is jarring and exposition is sloppy. My investment in characters is non-existent, especially with these timejumps. Character deaths falling very flat. All these devil spawn children IDGAF about.

Might have bitten off more than they can chew with this one. Starting to feel a lot like style over substance. 

Don't come at me plz this is just how I feel. Shows fine but quite disappointing at the same time. 

20 minutes ago, Pinter said:

Emma is really a disappointment compared to milly, it feels like watching 2 completely different characters i know its a time jump but still the change in upbringing and mannerism is very dramatical,  how she became very melancholic and dramatic serving spoiled princesss while milly serving strong bi#tch energy... Ugh... Alicent better serve cersei realness otherwise this show will go nowhere and having zero characters that worth rooting for... 

That's the point though. Young Rhaenyra and adult Rhaenyra were regarded as two completely different people by the court and the people of the realm at large. They've actually made her a little more likable and attractive in the show than she's meant to be. Milly was a brat as Rhaenyra, too, just with the arrogance of youth.

The problem with the Dance is none of them are good people. Some of the children of the mains will be the ones the audience roots for most, I'm thinking. Particularly Baela and Rhaena.

1 hour ago, Anye said:

For anyone who reads the books

I thought that was the whole premise of Fire and Blood?

2 minutes ago, Weld_E said:

I thought that was the whole premise of Fire and Blood?

it's Fire & Blood but with ilustrations. 

Wow, I have so many thoughts about this episode.  I really loved it.  The first 5 eps definitely felt like a prologue (in a good way) while this felt like the "real" premiere.

Olivia ATE, holy ******* ****.  THERE is the Alicent I remember from the book!  I'm glad they portrayed her sympathetically as a teenager, as we got to see how she became the Cersei-like ***** she is as an adult, but whewwwww!  I've been waiting for this one and was NOT disappointed!  

Loving Laenor as the well-meaning, bumbling, a bit selfish but mostly good-hearted husband.  

I wish we had gotten to see more of Laena earlier on, particularly her claiming Vhagar.  That would have made her death even more emotional than it already was, but DAMN, even so, that was probably the best scene of the show so far.  The way you could see both her strength and agony at the same time, and the way Vhagar was so conflicted.  Wow.  That's the power of Miguel's directing.  He just elevates scenes way, way, way up.  

Also, Vhagar's design is incredible!  They did such a great job with Caraxes, making him unique and interesting, I didn't think they'd be able to top that but they did!  Hoary old ***** indeed!

Also loved Harwin, I'm so sad he had to go so early.  That's another thing I would've loved to see, Rhaenyra, Harwin, and Laenor co-parenting their three kids lol.  But the scenes we got tonight were great, you could see the love and respect they all had for each other.  Somehow they made this situation work.

And I'm so glad the kids have (almost) all been introduced now, the show felt incomplete without them.

Thoughts relating to the book and upcoming events:

I was very shocked that it was Larys who killed Harwin and Lyonel, as in the book that is left undetermined but is heavily implied to be Daemon's command.  With that move Larys has instantly become the most detestable character on the show for me.  It's giving Littlefinger x Ramsay :pukey: 

Very interesting to see Alicent's kids being mostly normal, not caring about the throne at all, and not being overly cruel or violent until pushed by Criston and/or Alicent herself.  

So Helaena is definitely a Dreamer.  The "he will have to close an eye" when Alicent was talking about Aemond claiming a dragon made me gasp.  Next week we get that big moment, I can't wait.  And I really hope the show makes Helaena into a super sweet innocent kind girl that everyone loves so that the Blood and Cheese moment HITS.

I was very concerned that they'd cut Daeron, but apparently he's being raised on Oldtown?  Assuming this is true, I actually LOVE this because he turns out the "best" of Alicent's sons.  So Alicent's only decent son is the one she didn't even raise :lmao: 

Ecstatic that soon-to-be fan favorites Baela and Rhaena have now been introduced.  I just know that they're going to eat as teenagers, and so will Jace and Luke.

Can't wait for next week!  The preview already looks sickening!

2 hours ago, Anye said:

the way this gnome will do anything but to finish the OG series :deadbanana4:

52 minutes ago, Pinter said:

I think Emma is doing fine, but yeah the difference in manner and delivery is giving whiplash. I blame the showrunners tbh, I read somewhere that they forbade Emma and Milly to meet until after they finished filming, so neither one knew how the other was going to portray the character. Had they met, I think they could've formulated shared mannerisms and delivery. 

Would love to see whose side you guys are on

I loved this episode, the older actresses are phenomenal :jonny:

Really enjoying the series so far and I'm so ready to get into the bread and butter of the story!

My biggest complain is that we've barely seen Corlys and most important, Rhaenys, which is such an interesting character and definitely my favorite. Hope we get to see a lot more of them going forward. I know Eve filmed dragon riding scenes so I'm looking forward to seeing her on Meleys. If those scenes got cut I will RIOT :biblio:

this is the first episode I didn't love from start to finish

too many enjoying kids, no punishment for Ser Criston,

and the downgrade in actress for my fave Alicen't :weeps: 

also... #teamJacaerys :heart2: Aegon is an ugly cavetroll

6 hours ago, makeme said:

But did he lie?

nicki-minaj-yelling.gif

No lies detected but hes a petty lowly born noble just like Alicunt is a sad petty ***** who dig her own grave by seducing Viserys and cry about having to have sex with a rotting corpse

3 hours ago, Anye said:

Can he stop making these and finish Wind of Winters 

That being said, I am most likely #TeamGreen just because Rhaenyra is dumb af

I can't believe this was the best episode so far, even though Alcock and Carey aren't on it! :soda:

It felt more mature, adult and darker :flame: However, they kinda ruined it with a rush ending once again... It's still undoubtedly the best one, tho :clap3:

I hated Criston from the start he always looks like he’s smelling a fart. Rhaenyra busy living her life and this LOSER plotting and seething the entire time omg. It’s been a decade, get a life freak.

Edited by Park Jinyoung

6 minutes ago, SpankGangsta said:

That being said, I am most likely #TeamGreen just because Rhaenyra is dumb af

Who is in team green? alicent, her children, criston and her dad?

i know alicent is supposed to be an unlikeable ***** but i still like her

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.