• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

Anyone claiming the series writing is not completely butchered is in denial... I know Team Black stans would never admit it because the show is giving them their Daenerys on the Iron Throne fantasy but both sides of the characters are ruined beyond repair. The blacks are so bland and boring and the Greens are comically villainized :juanny:.

• Thanks 1

So the episodes so far have lined up exactly to some Reddit leaks from 5 months ago (except they said the Rhaenicent meeting would be episode 8, which is wrong). The only thing that hasn't leaked yet is the big battle from the finale; it's been kept really wraps. 

Spoiler

Battle of the Gullet? Fall of

King's Landing? Battle by the Lakeshore?

I need to knowwwwwww

3 hours ago, Cleanromantic said:

Anyone claiming the series writing is not completely butchered is in denial... I know Team Black stans would never admit it because the show is giving them their Daenerys on the Iron Throne fantasy but both sides of the characters are ruined beyond repair. The blacks are so bland and boring and the Greens are comically villainized :juanny:.

Probably because Grey VS Grey won't be a HIT among casual viewers?

Oh Alicent, the poor dumb b*tch that you are :toofunny3:

To see her face when she realized she put this whole thing in motion just because of a misunderstanding... Priceless. Lowkey one of the most satisfying moments of both seasons so far. Loved Rhaenyra risking it all by going to King's Landing basically on her own just to stop the brewing war, and to send her kids away to protect them? Mama is playing 4D chess I fear. Also, everyone say "thank you Mysaria" because between last episode and this one she's really shown to be an invaluable asset to Rhaneyra's team. And let's not forget about Rhaneys, proving once again that she's thee icon, legend and star of the Targaryen dynasty by making Rhaneyra consider Alicent's message and by putting the unruly lords at the council in place. What a great character.

The scenes at Harrenhal were so good and the eerie vibe was captured amazingly. Loved young Rhaenyra's cameo, but I wish it was longer. The greens are... Greening I guess. Aegon was a whole ass mess this episode but he did one smart thing by asking Larys to be his master of whispers (well, two if we consider him not going to war with his dragon). Aemond got his reality check when his brother shamed him and so did his mother when Helaena forgave her (great scene btw). I wish Baela got to roast Criston and Alicent's brother, but I guess we have to live another day with them surviving.

I can't wait to see what's coming next, these episodes have been incredible!

Edited by Hephaestus
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, FrederickGa said:

Probably because Grey VS Grey won't be a HIT among casual viewers?

There's a difference between Grey vs Grey and what's they're doing to the characters though. They can keep whitewashing Rhaenyra all they want to give the audience their Dany 2.0, cut all of her awful decisions and make her want the throne for selfless reasons and Prophecies, but they basically destroyed every single other character and created so many plot holes because of that. Rhanys was ruined, Aegon and Alicent have been acting out of character since the start of the season, team black are barely characters a d just stand there doing nothing, the rest of team Green are comic book villains... 

GOT had so many Grey vs Grey conflicted and complex characters during its quality height and people were still seated. Only towards the end did they turn Jon Snore into a complete Mary Sue and the quality went down hill with that.

• Like 2

Such a brilliant episode :heart2:

36 minutes ago, Cleanromantic said:

There's a difference between Grey vs Grey and what's they're doing to the characters though. They can keep whitewashing Rhaenyra all they want to give the audience their Dany 2.0, cut all of her awful decisions and make her want the throne for selfless reasons and Prophecies, but they basically destroyed every single other character and created so many plot holes because of that. Rhanys was ruined, Aegon and Alicent have been acting out of character since the start of the season, team black are barely characters a d just stand there doing nothing, the rest of team Green are comic book villains... 

GOT had so many Grey vs Grey conflicted and complex characters during its quality height and people were still seated. Only towards the end did they turn Jon Snore into a complete Mary Sue and the quality went down hill with that.

How did they ruin Rhaenys? I haven't read the books but she's essentially one of the best characters, acting as the sound of reason. Eve Best the mother that you are!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Liafen said:

How did they ruin Rhaenys? I haven't read the books but she's essentially one of the best characters, acting as the sound of reason. Eve Best the mother that you are!

She literally murdered thousands of small folk with 0 consequences, and is now acting like Rhaenyra's lap dog/ defending Daemon even though she believes they murdered her son. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cleanromantic said:

She literally murdered thousands of small folk with 0 consequences, and is now acting like Rhaenyra's lap dog/ defending Daemon even though she believes they murdered her son. 

People in power killing poor innocent people without consequences, unheard of!

You just sound mad that the greens are getting a villain edit tbh. Complaining about a TV show distancing itself from book lore sounds very silly after all they did with GoT.

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

People in power killing poor innocent people without consequences, unheard of!

You just sound mad that the greens are getting a villain edit tbh. Complaining about a TV show distancing itself from book lore sounds very silly after all they did with GoT.

Yet when Aegon killed the rat catchers, it's treated like the biggest crime. What Rahenys did was point blank ignored by the show. 

Why wouldn't I be angry about the show whitewashing one side while fixing all of their wrongdoings on the other? Like they literally made Rhaenyra the sympathetic victim in Blood and Cheese :ace:.  

This is what was supposed to happen in the book 

Spoiler

Blood was not presently a member of the City Watch during the Dance of the Dragons. He had been dismissed from the Watch after beating a ***** to death in a drunken rage.

There is no mention that Blood had a personal vendetta against House Hightower, nor that Cheese was motivated by the prospect of paying off his gambling debts.

Helaena did not try to bribe the assassins; instead, she pleaded them to kill her instead, but they refused.

By this point in the story, Aegon and Helaena had two sons, not just one. The younger, Maelor, was also present at the assassination of his older brother Jaehaerys, along with Jaehaera, Helaena, and Alicent. Blood and Cheese bound and gagged Alicent (along with killing one of her maids, to prevent the alarm being raised, and the queen's guard) and held her and Helaena's children hostage, forcing Helaena to choose a son to be killed. As she hesitated, Cheese warned her that Blood might grow bored and rape Jaehaera. Weeping, Helaena chose Maelor, reasoning that he would be too young to understand what was happening (or maybe because Jaehaerys was King Aegon's firstborn son and heir). Cheese then mocked Maelor, telling him his mother wanted him dead, and grinned at Blood, who proceeded to cut off Jaehaerys's head with a single blow of his sword. The pair then fled with Jaehaerys's head, while Helaena screamed. 

You see how much they downplayed the event, but what's more telling is that they even made Blood more sympathetic in having him hold a personal grudge against the Greens.

What we got is them making Alicent a neglectful villain, all juxtaposed with Rhaenyra being the perfect mother and Helaena not caring enough. 

Spoiler

They even removed Maelor's character because Rhaenyra puts a bounty on his head that led to him being torn to shreds, but God forbid that Mary Sue does anything that isn't morally correct. 

I don't know why people are happy with the whitewashed Rhaenyra. To make her story make sense in the last part of the show, she actually needs to be a complex and fallible character. They're either gonna do a Daenerys level heel turn that'll get so much backlash or they'll continue with their mary sue depiction which already made her boring to watch. 

• Thanks 1

They even gave Alicent's maid scene to Rhaenyra to make her more sympathetic :bibliahh:

I just releazed that Jon Snore "being the chosen one :isudumblmao:" ruined not only GOT but also a show set 200 years before it... trully the worst character ever created.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Cleanromantic said:

Yet when Aegon killed the rat catchers, it's treated like the biggest crime. What Rahenys did was point blank ignored by the show. 

Why wouldn't I be angry about the show whitewashing one side while fixing all of their wrongdoings on the other? Like they literally made Rhaenyra the sympathetic victim in Blood and Cheese :ace:.  

This is what was supposed to happen in the book 

Reveal hidden contents

Blood was not presently a member of the City Watch during the Dance of the Dragons. He had been dismissed from the Watch after beating a ***** to death in a drunken rage.

There is no mention that Blood had a personal vendetta against House Hightower, nor that Cheese was motivated by the prospect of paying off his gambling debts.

Helaena did not try to bribe the assassins; instead, she pleaded them to kill her instead, but they refused.

By this point in the story, Aegon and Helaena had two sons, not just one. The younger, Maelor, was also present at the assassination of his older brother Jaehaerys, along with Jaehaera, Helaena, and Alicent. Blood and Cheese bound and gagged Alicent (along with killing one of her maids, to prevent the alarm being raised, and the queen's guard) and held her and Helaena's children hostage, forcing Helaena to choose a son to be killed. As she hesitated, Cheese warned her that Blood might grow bored and rape Jaehaera. Weeping, Helaena chose Maelor, reasoning that he would be too young to understand what was happening (or maybe because Jaehaerys was King Aegon's firstborn son and heir). Cheese then mocked Maelor, telling him his mother wanted him dead, and grinned at Blood, who proceeded to cut off Jaehaerys's head with a single blow of his sword. The pair then fled with Jaehaerys's head, while Helaena screamed. 

You see how much they downplayed the event, but what's more telling is that they even made Blood more sympathetic in having him hold a personal grudge against the Greens.

What we got is them making Alicent a neglectful villain, all juxtaposed with Rhaenyra being the perfect mother and Helaena not caring enough. 

Reveal hidden contents

They even removed Maelor's character because Rhaenyra puts a bounty on his head that led to him being torn to shreds, but God forbid that Mary Sue does anything that isn't morally correct. 

I don't know why people are happy with the whitewashed Rhaenyra. To make her story make sense in the last part of the show, she actually needs to be a complex and fallible character. They're either gonna do a Daenerys level heel turn that'll get so much backlash or they'll continue with their mary sue depiction which already made her boring to watch. 

What you're failing to grasp is that production wants viewers to root for the blacks because at the end of the day it gives people someone to get attached to. Yes it simplifies the whole story and yes they're cutting stuff here and there to make them look more heroic or whatever, but that's a deliberate creative decision the show has chosen to make. Comparing that to the book makes no sense.

And again, expecting this to be a faithful adaptation of the book is naive at best seeing how much Game of Thrones deviates from the source material and the fact that it's is basically a retelling of the story from two characters' point of view, meaning that some things most likely don't even match the actual events anyway.

Another GREAT episode. 

Helaena forgiving Alicent and her "what?" was PRICELESS. Very in your face. The blacks FINALLY being interesting with the Rhaena and Baela scenes. Hope we get to see more of them (besides war) in the future. Daemon in Harrenhal realizing he ****** up bad since forever…

I know I already said this but I lovee what they're doing with Aegon. He internally realizing he's a literal PUPPET to his family and seen as a joke by the realm. That makes people empathize with him and not be taken just as a plain villain. 

The Alicent and Rhaenyra scene… peak acting. Give them the Emmys, like one for each idc. They're incredible :clap3: Alicent's face when "Conqueror's.." lmfaoooo 

43 minutes ago, Cleanromantic said:

I dont care that they're not following the book word by word but since the ending of this episode means Rhaenyra wanting WAR now, maybe we get to see her ****** actions. Also are we completely sure Maelor is erased? Like we first heard of Daeron last week's episode, I wouldn't be surprised if they bring Maelor later on even if that means Blood & Cheese was changed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

What you're failing to grasp is that production wants viewers to root for the blacks because at the end of the day it gives people someone to get attached to. Yes it simplifies the whole story and yes they're cutting stuff here and there to make them look more heroic or whatever, but that's a deliberate creative decision the show has chosen to make. Comparing that to the book makes no sense.

And again, expecting this to be a faithful adaptation of the book is naive at best seeing how much Game of Thrones deviates from the source material and the fact that it's is basically a retelling of the story from two characters' point of view, meaning that some things most likely don't even match the actual events anyway.

Then the marketing gimmick "pick a side" should not be used, since they already picked which side we should root for for us. And they could've gotten a more villainous Team Green if they stuck with the book. Alicent in the book is an actual villain, instead of the badly written mess we're getting in season two.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Cleanromantic said:

Then the marketing gimmick "pick a side" should not be used, since they already picked which side we should root for for us. And they could've gotten a more villainous Team Green if they stuck with the book. Alicent in the book is an actual villain, instead of the badly written mess we're getting in season two.

As you said it was just a marketing gimmick to generate interest, people had already picked a side by the end of S1. Your knowledge of the source material is clearly ruining the experience for you because you can't separate the two products, but as someone who's going into this unspoiled I can assure you that the story is very interesting and engaging, even if it doesn't follow the book word for word.

4 hours ago, Cleanromantic said:

Girl, Jon Snow was a White Character from the get go

15 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

As you said it was just a marketing gimmick to generate interest, people had already picked a side by the end of S1. Your knowledge of the source material is clearly ruining the experience for you because you can't separate the two products, but as someone who's going into this unspoiled I can assure you that the story is very interesting and engaging, even if it doesn't follow the book word for word.

They're probably a Team Green

As a GOT fan who didnt read the book for HOTD, i'm very much hooked even tho i know it ends

• Like 1

Oh Alicent, the petty ***** that you are. Whoopsies maybe there was some misunderstanding but we're moving forward. They need to make her more cunning, drop the damn religion mama. Enjoy that D. 

The Harrenhall scenes were great until that pitchy "I'm here to claim harrenhal" I can't stand Matt Smiths annoying voice.

Yes to naked Ameond, he's about to go off though. 

The opening scene was great especially that sword shot. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.