• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

10 hours ago, Anye said:

:bibliahh: if he says so… how long has it been?

the awful thrones ending probably sent him back to the drawing board too :ghostface:

4 hours ago, mystery said:

Do you mean

Hide contents

Cregan and Jacaerys because if so I would be here for it! 

This would be serve :ghostface: Jace’s ***** tour 

12 hours ago, Anye said:

3/4 done draft 1, then he'll have to edit, rewrite, edit some more, add, trim, edit again.....

Yeah it's never coming :cries: 

5 hours ago, Rigalo said:

Super Freaky Vhagrandma better NOT make it thru season 2, that’s all I have to say. 

Right like put that old hag DOWN

when this started getting review bombed? i was shocked when i saw the audience score on metacritic few minutes ago.

These queens :clap3: 

48 minutes ago, Drowned8World said:

when this started getting review bombed? i was shocked when i saw the audience score on metacritic few minutes ago.

Most of the negative ratings from Metacritic are from the first few weeks with people mad about the show being “woke” and how GOT ended. 

IMDB - 8.6 - 216,000 ratings 

Rotten Tomatoes - 84% - 8389 ratings

Metacritic - 5.2 - 672 ratings 

Metacritic is an irrelevant outlier. 

11 hours ago, Drowned8World said:

do you think they will insinuate a gay relationship with 2 main characters next season? i just saw a tiktok talking about this and it was... interesting :eli:

No, sorry.

They will get even more backlash than ROP if they make the only prominent Stark gay.  Cregan is going to be the Jon Snow of this show, the straights are going to LOVE him.  

Plus one of the main reasons the war ends is because he wants Black Aly so bad.  They're both going to be fan favorites, the writers wouldn't **** all over that just for some quick gay pandering before Jace's imminent death.  

Just be glad Laenor and Qarl got to live in the show.  And for upcoming queer rep, there will be Black Aly and Sabitha Frey "sharing a tent."  

That said, I do hope we get a nice bromance between Cregan and Jace <3

Edited by Miles.

9 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

Most of the negative ratings from Metacritic are from the first few weeks with people mad about the show being “woke” and how GOT ended. 

IMDB - 8.6 - 216,000 ratings 

Rotten Tomatoes - 84% - 8389 ratings

Metacritic - 5.2 - 672 ratings 

Metacritic is an irrelevant outlier. 

i remember it having like a 70 something the first weeks :rip:

Good thing is that it went up to 69 from 66 with critics. Shame those as*holes from Slant always ruining every score.

Finally got around to watching the show this week and just finished Ep10. Truly horrible end for Lucerys and his dragon. He was so uneasy with this task too, well-acted by Elliot Grihault.

I also think Borros Baratheon deserves retaliation for his lack of hospitality towards Luke. He should've had the wisdom to keep Luke in his castle as guest so no harm could come to him at the hands of Aemond, or at least allow Luke to wait until the storm had quieted more. Though I guess that was never gonna be a likely scenario considering they're at Storm's End.

I must say Paddy Considine gave one the best performances I've seen in the past few years on big or small screen. He deserves that Emmy.

And it's not just him, this entire first season has had several truly stand-out performances whereas the quality of acting on GoT was a bit more uneven.

Emmy D'Arcy, Olivia Cooke and Rhys Ifans were terrific, and Eve Best definitely also joined that list once she got some meatier scenes in the last couple of episodes. Emma came out swinging after the time jump and immediately peaked with the acting in that birthing scene.

I really liked both Milly Alcock and Emily Carey in their roles too, don't understand the criticism I've seen for the latter.

For some reason when I try to think about the best scene of ths first season, I always come back to Laena's desperate pleas to Vhagar to end her suffering after the botched birth. Rhaenys escaping on Meleys was also great. BTW what's the right pronunciation of Meleys? For some reason I feel like it should be Meh-LAYS but the characters pronounce it as May-LEES.

Probably my favorite part of the show is the differing designs of the dragons. Caraxes with its serpentine neck and Meleys with its mane of horns adorning its head are probably my favorites. But I also like how Vhagar's silhouette in that wide shot from the Storm's End courtyard made it seem a bit turtle-esque, fitting for how old the dragon is supposed to be.

Helaena reminds me of Patchface

Edited by Dark Miracles

On 10/24/2022 at 2:38 PM, Karla Cabello said:

leave vhagar alone. she is senile, probably thinks visenya is still riding her

On 10/24/2022 at 5:28 PM, TaggedGalaxy said:

No one cares about the Madonna of dragons, an old bitter washed up hag attacking the girls that are younger and hotter than her 

22 hours ago, Liafen said:

imagine waking up to a beautiful day in KL & going out to watch the gorgeous blue sky and then that horrid lizard that can barely lift up her body weight takes up half of your vision with her fat ass. not to mention what the hag did to poor Luke, lock her UP!

Drag that *****!!

y3r056ztcqv91.jpg

9 hours ago, Hector said:

These queens :clap3: 

Ff7weu2XEAALwbJ?format=png&name=medium

fc6b7ade8c5e08eecd7d09f54e50af5b23b56900

85f968007233a1b4ea34cad929bbf67e32b6c399

44357b119496a4fa7b01be2ae8e02ec2df8fd211

Edited by LP54

Yall keep trying come for Vhagar, but not a single dragon this season has been as iconic as her. Period.

The only dragon I've seen get this many mentions is Drogon.

Meleys, Caraxes, and Syrax aren't on her level while the rest of them are straight up forgettable. 

tumblr_inline_p77vn1ziwr1sj5sxp_400.gifv

She can't help that she still snatching wigs and bodies after 100+ years.

3141b623ea01e50b75cb9318185239abdb53ec80

Does anyone here have a GIF for Criston Cole asking Rhaenyra if she wants him to be his w-word? :eli:

On 10/23/2022 at 9:21 PM, Hector said:

How could they end the season like this?! The episode was great but felt way more like a penultimate episode than it did a season finale. 

This. We needed one more episode to close out the season a little bit more cleanly. There was a better stopping point to be found after converging the two sides again. 

The show is so fvckin amazing

But was kinda disappointed with myself for knowing that Luke is about to die.. i hate spoilers for taking the elemnt of surprise

Vhagar was really payola'd this season, I see the writers keeping her up for long just to piss people off, the Cersei of dragons.. Her fat, dry shriveled ass will bomb eventually..... i guess.

On 10/24/2022 at 2:27 AM, Kwame said:

Y’all don’t think Luke might still be alive , idk how but it might be possible :chick3:

:toofunny2:

On 10/24/2022 at 11:38 AM, Karla Cabello said:

leave vhagar alone. she is senile, probably thinks visenya is still riding her

On 10/24/2022 at 2:28 PM, TaggedGalaxy said:

No one cares about the Madonna of dragons, an old bitter washed up hag attacking the girls that are younger and hotter than her 

:deadbanana4: Poor Vhagar. She's just been tired since being overused in the Conquest. Her hearing must be shot from all that war. Aemond told her, "I want to take his eye!" and she heard, "You want him to die? Sure thing, boss." :angelo:

On 10/24/2022 at 9:35 PM, Anye said:

George plz. I'm so done with this maldito diablo. I don't know WHAT happened around 2019/2020ish (besides COVID, of course). He was set to go to a Con in New Zealand in Summer 2020, and he was SO confident that he'd have The Winds of Winter by then, that if he didn't, they could put him under citizen's arrest until he finished the books. It's been 3 years since you made that statement, sweaty. WHAT happened? I suspect that the show and D&D's butchering of his story has something to do with this...the hubris and audacity that those 2 men had... :fish2:

57 minutes ago, DirtyPony87 said:

:toofunny2:

George plz. I'm so done with this maldito diablo. I don't know WHAT happened around 2019/2020ish (besides COVID, of course). He was set to go to a Con in New Zealand in Summer 2020, and he was SO confident that he'd have The Winds of Winter by then, that if he didn't, they could put him under citizen's arrest until he finished the books. It's been 3 years since you made that statement, sweaty. WHAT happened? I suspect that the show and D&D's butchering of his story has something to do with this...the hubris and audacity that those 2 men had... :fish2:

He had some family and friends pass away last year.

https://popculture.com/entertainment/news/game-of-thrones-author-mourns-friends-lost-to-covid/

"The bad news, of course, is that I have lost five friends since November," Martin went on. While not all of those losses were due to COVID-19, they had Martin feeling profoundly melancholy. He wrote: "Death is part of life, I know, it waits for all of us, valar morghulis and all that. Even so, this is too much too soon, and it has been hitting me hard."

Martin may have captured the mood of many readers when he wrote: "F— you, Grim Reaper. Stick that scythe up your arse and leave my loved ones alone." Finally, he finished: "Meanwhile, I do my best to lose myself in work."

5 minutes ago, SJane said:

He had some family and friends pass away last year.

https://popculture.com/entertainment/news/game-of-thrones-author-mourns-friends-lost-to-covid/

"The bad news, of course, is that I have lost five friends since November," Martin went on. While not all of those losses were due to COVID-19, they had Martin feeling profoundly melancholy. He wrote: "Death is part of life, I know, it waits for all of us, valar morghulis and all that. Even so, this is too much too soon, and it has been hitting me hard."

Martin may have captured the mood of many readers when he wrote: "F— you, Grim Reaper. Stick that scythe up your arse and leave my loved ones alone." Finally, he finished: "Meanwhile, I do my best to lose myself in work."

Of this, I was aware. I'm wondering a little earlier, like around 2019ish/early 2020ish. Besides the usual deadline pushing that he's notorious for.

I watched some good youtube videos from hardcore ASOIAF fans throw out some theories.  A popular one is that he wrote the story into a corner and can't seem to get out of it.  There's a lot going on, and a lot that needs to happen to get to a certain point and he just can't get the moving pieces together.

the amount of vitriol and ageism here against Vhagar a.k.a. the Madonna of Dragons :deadbanana4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.