Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

46 minutes ago, Death said:

Excellent :gaycat5:

Well...

Visenya (the child Rhaenyra is currently pregnant with) is born a stillborn and deformed dragon like creature after Rhaenyra goes into premature labor when she is told of her fathers death and the throne being usurped by Aegon II

Lucerys and his dragon are killed by Aemond in an aerial ambush during a storm, this starts the civil war.

Jacaerys heroically dies in battle with his dragon while saving his brothers Aegon III and Viserys II.

Joffery falls from Syrax while stealing it and gets torn apart by an angry mob who try to take his body parts as trophies, one person tries to saw off his head.

The two youngest, Aegon III and Viserys II survive and both go on to become kings. So don't get too excited. Though Aegon goes on to have terrible PTSD and Viserys II only rules for a short time before being succeeded by his son.

Stark is not my favorite House but I would love to see Winterfell again :jonny: 

And we'll hopefully do next season! :eli:

Edited by Lil Mxnster

Pretty good recap of what leads to the Dance of the Dragons and it's aftermath. Minor spoilers are in the video, mostly just showing scenes from GoT talking about the aftermath of the civil war and it's effects on the Targaryen House.

Finally caught up. 

Alicent joins Cersei as the best and most complex character from both shows :jonny:. Olivia Cook devoured every scene, give her all the awards. 

Paddy Considine also deserves all the major awards. Hopefully, all cast members get to be equally recognised instead of one cast member being favoured like it happened with Peter and GOT. 

Daemon is less annoying after the time jump, his position as my most hated character is taken by Alicent's two ugly, creepy boys :deadbanana2: they don't deserve her as their mother. 

Rhaenyra seems to be getting the Jon Snore marry sue treatment :michael:, they need to stop whitewashing her. I also prefer the teen Rhaenyra over the adult one.

I'm genuinely enjoying this more than Game of Thrones. One thing that I always disliked about GOT was that it had too many characters, too many storylines, especially in earlier seasons. It was a struggle to keep up with everything at times. HOTD is much more concise story, it makes for a better viewing experience.

Some interesting new tidbits about the show from GRMM's latest blog post:

I wanted to address the “time jumps” in the HOUSE OF THE DRAGON too.   Not with any kind of official “statement,” but with some musings on the subject.   There’s a lot to be said.   I do not have the time to say it now, though.   Maybe in my next blog, or the one after that… or maybe never, since work keeps piling up.

Very briefly, however, I think Ryan has handled  the “jumps” very well, and I love love love both the younger Alicent and Rhaenyra and the adult versions, and the actresses who play them.  (Truth be told, we have an incredible cast, and I love all of them).   Do I wish we’d had more time to explore the relationship between Rhaenyra and Ser Harwin, the marriage of Daemon and Laena and their time in Pentos, the birth of various and sundry children (and YES, Alicent gave Viserys four children, three sons and a daughter, their youngest son Daeron is down in Oldtown, we just did not have the time to work him in this season), and everything else we had to skip?   Sure.

[…]

It is going to take four full seasons of 10 episodes each to do justice to the Dance of the Dragons, from start to finish.

So Alicent's 4th child is definitely in the show, but it looks like he won't appear until next season.

Also he confirms that the show needs 4 full seasons to tell the story.

Although he also wanted 10 seasons for GoT and D&D went ahead with 8 only despite the show's massive success, so hopefully if Ryan Condal listens to GRRM.

17 minutes ago, Feanor said:

Some interesting new tidbits about the show from GRMM's latest blog post:

So Alicent's 4th child is definitely in the show, but it looks like he won't appear until next season.

Also he confirms that the show needs 4 full seasons to tell the story.

Although he also wanted 10 seasons for GoT and D&D went ahead with 8 only despite the show's massive success, so hopefully if Ryan Condal listens to GRRM.

I read the whole thing and he’s confirming at the end that his focusing now on Winds of Winter :ghostface: 

1 hour ago, Gui Blackout said:

I'm genuinely enjoying this more than Game of Thrones. One thing that I always disliked about GOT was that it had too many characters, too many storylines, especially in earlier seasons. It was a struggle to keep up with everything at times. HOTD is much more concise story, it makes for a better viewing experience.

100% agree

6 hours ago, Shendelzare said:

did I just really read that the starks are more interesting to the gp?! :deadbanana4:

A show about the martell's >>> white snow people

That’s not what I said. The other person said no one would watch a show about the Starks and I said Ive always felt they were more popular than the Targaryen, which is probably true since there were like 10 of them vs 1.

a show about the Starks, the first men and how they built the wall would be amazing. 

we are currently watching a show about the Targaryen without dragons, the bar is already on the floor :rip: 

For anyone that was concerned that they cut Prince Daeron out of the show. George has a new blog post confirming his existence and appearance in season two.

Random Musings

Very briefly, however, I think Ryan has handled  the “jumps” very well, and I love love love both the younger Alicent and Rhaenyra and the adult versions, and the actresses who play them.  (Truth be told, we have an incredible cast, and I love all of them).   Do I wish we’d had more time to explore the relationship between Rhaenyra and Ser Harwin, the marriage of Daemon and Laena and their time in Pentos, the birth of various and sundry children (and YES, Alicent gave Viserys four children, three sons and a daughter, their youngest son Daeron is down in Oldtown, we just did not have the time to work him in this season), and everything else we had to skip? Sure.

If HOUSE OF THE DRAGON had 13 episodes per season, maybe we could have shown all the things we had to “time jump” over… though that would have risked having some viewers complain that the show was too “slow,” that “nothing happened.” As it is, I am thrilled that we still have 10 hours every season to tell our tale.  (RINGS OF POWER has only 8, as you may have noticed, and my AMC show DARK WINDS is doing 6 episode seasons). I hope that will continue to be true. It is going to take four full seasons of 10 episodes each to do justice to the Dance of the Dragons, from start to finish.

Edited by mystery

2 minutes ago, mystery said:

For anyone that was concerned that they cut Prince Daeron out of the show. George has a new blog post confirming his existence and appearance in season two.

Random Musings

Very briefly, however, I think Ryan has handled  the “jumps” very well, and I love love love both the younger Alicent and Rhaenyra and the adult versions, and the actresses who play them.  (Truth be told, we have an incredible cast, and I love all of them).   Do I wish we’d had more time to explore the relationship between Rhaenyra and Ser Harwin, the marriage of Daemon and Laena and their time in Pentos, the birth of various and sundry children (and YES, Alicent gave Viserys four children, three sons and a daughter, their youngest son Daeron is down in Oldtown, we just did not have the time to work him in this season), and everything else we had to skip? Sure.

when they introduce him randomly next season will be a kii :dies:

let's be real, they could, at least, make her say she had 4 children or have a little chat talking about this kid

2 minutes ago, Drowned8World said:

when they introduce him randomly next season will be a kii :dies:

let's be real, they could, at least, make her say she had 4 children or have a little chat talking about this kid

True, maybe they will mention him briefly in the next two but we are definitely not getting an appearance.

One other thing that is incredible is him basically confirming 4 full length 10 episode seasons!

Just now, mystery said:

True, maybe they will mention him briefly in the next two but we are definitely not getting an appearance.

One other thing that is incredible is him basically confirming 4 full length 10 episode seasons!

i wonder if they will pull a Star Wars at some point and release 2 shows per year. I want to see that Nymeria show too and i don't want to wait 10 years for it :chick3:

20 minutes ago, mystery said:

Random Musings

If HOUSE OF THE DRAGON had 13 episodes per season, maybe we could have shown all the things we had to “time jump” over… though that would have risked having some viewers complain that the show was too “slow,” that “nothing happened.” As it is, I am thrilled that we still have 10 hours every season to tell our tale.  (RINGS OF POWER has only 8, as you may have noticed, and my AMC show DARK WINDS is doing 6 episode seasons). I hope that will continue to be true. It is going to take four full seasons of 10 episodes each to do justice to the Dance of the Dragons, from start to finish.

Daeron confirmed!

Can’t wait to see the Blue Queen :clap:

13 hours ago, Weld_E said:

This question isn’t meant to be shade, i’m genuinely curious, is he gay? 

He has a wife so I don't think so.

He's a nice, RPDR loving metal dude bro. 

3333.jpg?width=445&quality=85&dpr=1&s=no

Edited by Blade Runner

48 minutes ago, Xantalli said:

:monkey:

Such a beautiful scene… Not a single word spoken and yet so many emotions are conveyed :cries:

Another great ep.  I love how Ryan is giving scenes the time and space they need to breathe.  Last ep we had the long, quiet funeral, and now this ep the dinner scene, and they were both exquisite.  

Rhaenyra going to her father and admitting her weakness and begging for his help was a really powerful scene.  And then his ENTRANCE!  Amazing.  And when he took off the mask!?  Wow.  Paddy is delivering an epic performance.

Daemon chopping Vaemond was awesome, but I do wish that Rhaenyra had been involved.  That's probably the main thing I dislike about this show, how they have made her (so far) into a pure, noble hero, like Jon Snow.  Hopefully her grey arc is coming soon.  

Loving the kids.  Aegon is a loser creep, Aemond is totally Daemon 2.0, Jace and Luke are so sweet and earnest, and Baela and Rhaena are already serving.  Can't wait to see more of them.

I for one am fine without dragons every episode.  If you want great gowns, beautiful gowns, go rewatch GOT S8, or go watch ROP.  The rest of us are here for the plot, storytelling, and characters.  And we just got a great dragon scene last week, and we'll definitely get more in the future.  

Crazy to think that the "Dance" only really starts now :duca: 

Oh and George's blog post got me hyped today!  Daeron confirmed!  4 seasons of 10 eps confirmed!  Hooray!

Well technically RoP episodes are 69min so that’s around 9 episodes per season but yeah I get his point that they tried to do their best to make it feasible and also to not feel rushed but neither slow.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.