House of the Dragon | Season 2 Now on MAX & HBO | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

Overall a boring episode, but they're so good at instilling the fear of something really bad happening at any moment.

Screamed ad Larys having a foot fetish and Alicent fulfilling his fantasies, what would the Seven think of it Miss holier than thou?

Also not Alicent having the nerve to call Rhaenys "cousin". She really thought :skull:

That last scene was EVERYTHING though. They edged us for 9 f*cking episodes before showing Rhaenys riding Meleys, but it payed off so well. Ugh, their mind.

It's true that she could've burned them to a crisp right then and there, but it would've been out of character for her and also the end of this story. The same can be said for Viserys' last words in the previous episode. It's always those small, frustrating moments that lead to bigger issues later when stuff piles up.

Can't wait for the finale, it looks like it'll be incredible! :jonnycat:

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Drowned8World

• mystery

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

7 hours ago, LP54 said:

I hate Alicent but god damn is Olivia Cooke killing it!!

FfPI7fUXgAAvlt5?format=jpg&name=small

Visually she reminds me of Blair from Gossip Girl.

this episode felt a little off. its a number of things. it felt lower in budget. directing and writing weren't as strong either. the characters were reduced to being stupid in order to progress the plot. it was kinda messy overall. its odd alicent wont be in the finale when she is at the centre of all this conflict.

I literally got chills when Rhaenys made that entrance, she was very much giving Targaryen raw power energy to them greens. **** it up queen!!!!! 

Rhaenys is just not the person to end a whole family and murder children in a second, groundbreaking for some of you considering the universe of this show but i guess people like that exist too. not everybody is waiting in the corner to press the button of destruction. ironically she destroyed the whole room tho.

anyway, can someone point out the differences from the books so far except the obvious of last week's misleading information from the dying king?

like i GET THE FEEL that George Martin didn't write about Larys having a foot fetish :redface:

36 minutes ago, HabbGaga said:

this episode felt a little off. its a number of things. it felt lower in budget. directing and writing weren't as strong either. the characters were reduced to being stupid in order to progress the plot. it was kinda messy overall. its odd alicent wont be in the finale when she is at the centre of all this conflict.

This is what I thought to, sometimes it seems like each episode was curated with no former knowledge on the rest of the season. We have Alicent here acting super shocked that the council have been plotting to put Aegon on the throne like as if she also hasn't been doing the same (e.g. the episode where she starts chastising young Aegon and fearmongering him into believing Rhaenrya will kill him and his siblings)? Even Otto seemed dumbed down, and the Rhaenys scene at the end was epic but practically very dumb since she would have certainly been hurt by debris/everyone ignoring she most likely killed a bunch of random people. Also, Criston Cole threatening to kill his leader here in Alicent's name but refusing to take one of Rhaenrya's sons eyes because he's "solely a protector" was also odd.

I feel like this show is not nearly as intelligent as season 1-4 of GOT was, as many claim it to be. I feel like it's most enjoyable if watch it half blind, because it is a fun but very has odd plot points, unsophisticated changes in character, and conveniences for the sake of shock/action. It's actually getting to the point where I'm mostly watching for the dialogue (which is great) and the actors' performance.

Edited by BOOMBAYAH

1 hour ago, BOOMBAYAH said:

This is what I thought to, sometimes it seems like each episode was curated with no former knowledge on the rest of the season. We have Alicent here acting super shocked that the council have been plotting to put Aegon on the throne like as if she also hasn't been doing the same (e.g. the episode where she starts chastising young Aegon and fearmongering him into believing Rhaenrya will kill him and his siblings)? Even Otto seemed dumbed down, and the Rhaenys scene at the end was epic but practically very dumb since she would have certainly been hurt by debris/everyone ignoring she most likely killed a bunch of random people. Also, Criston Cole threatening to kill his leader here in Alicent's name but refusing to take one of Rhaenrya's sons eyes because he's "solely a protector" was also odd.

I feel like this show is not nearly as intelligent as season 1-4 of GOT was, as many claim it to be. I feel like it's most enjoyable if watch it half blind, because it is a fun but very has odd plot points, unsophisticated changes in character, and conveniences for the sake of shock/action. It's actually getting to the point where I'm mostly watching for the dialogue (which is great) and the actors' performance.

Honestly as much as I want to pretend like this is on par with GOT, its not. I cannot wait to watch every episode every week but the show does feel lackluster and inferior in comparison 

Also was Alicent aware of the fact that larys was j.o to her? :biblionny:

Next week looks INCREDIBLE though

3 hours ago, Zaynsus said:

Wait, I don't see Emma D'Arcy and Matt Smith in the opening credits. Does that mean that they won't be in the episode and it will only feature the Hightowers ? Mess, I guess I won't watch then and just skip straight to the final scene. :rip:

I always wonder when people write stuff like this if they complain in future episodes about plotholes and things left unexplained :rip:

Why would you watch a tv show like this? A lot happens here lmao

Really enjoyed the episode just like last week. 

I'm not sure if I love the idea that Alicent's actions were largely due to a misunderstanding though but then it is kind of made clear this was inevitable. The whole thing is a little odd because she seemed completely on board in previous eps. I guess the last ep was meant to be when she sort of started to doubt the plan but it wasn't really made clear and her being shocked at the plotting was a little silly. 

I guess Cole murdering people in cold blood and not being punished for it is just there to make the audience really hate him. Cos it's working :deadbanana2:

The whole awkwardness of the whole thing was really fun though, even the small folk knew this was nonsense. 

I'm actually loving the thing they are doing with giving each dragon it's own moments to shine. I know it's probably a budget issue but they kept Meleys in off screen or just quick far away shots of her flying until now. Really made this moment feel more impactful when we get to see the red queen in all her glory. :cries:

Game Of Thrones always had it's issues as well. Season eight was of course awful but five, six and seven all had major problems. Those problems were party due to D&D rushing through the story, partly because they ran out of books but also because of elements not properly set up in the earlier seasons. 

the last scene was a bit ridic. Alicent stays winning.

Cole is a *****. He didn’t attack rhaenyra’s kid when Alicent asked cuz she was alone then. He would’ve been torched by everyone else in that room if he did go through with her order. But here, he was using alicent’s protector as an excuse to carry out his own political ambition by killing the councilor since he was the sole dissenter. Everyone else in that room were on his side.

i don’t think it was oversight on the writer’s part that he is just a p*ssy

Edited by Contessa

WAIT was “there’s a beast beneath the boards” about Meleys? Don’t quote me with a spoiler if not 

13 minutes ago, Mikeymoonshine said:

Really enjoyed the episode just like last week. 

I'm not sure if I love the idea that Alicent's actions were largely due to a misunderstanding though but then it is kind of made clear this was inevitable. The whole thing is a little odd because she seemed completely on board in previous eps. I guess the last ep was meant to be when she sort of started to doubt the plan but it wasn't really made clear and her being shocked at the plotting was a little silly. 

I feel like they left whether Viserys’ final words were what convinced Alicent to back Aegon as King or if she used his words to reinforce her convictions that Aegon should be King. She heard what she wanted to hear and used that as reasoning to crown her son, she’s been brainwashed for years, one dinner isn’t going to undo all of that. 

Regardless of what she wanted it was clear the council and her father were plotting and had plans to usurp the throne, she wasn’t needed in the grand scheme of things as she holds no power

3 hours ago, BOOMBAYAH said:

Visually she reminds me of Blair from Gossip Girl.

Shes the westerosi blair waldorf indeed :WAP:

8 hours ago, SpankGangsta said:

tbh i agree with the sentiment that the last scene on the ep is kinda a fan service...sis couldve ended the war and got her grandchildren on the throne with no issue but its a great fanservice so i am content 

Yall understand that if Rheanys and Meleys killed the greens the show would be over right lol, yes it’s fan service because it never happened in the books but there would be no plot after this, they are padding her character out (in a good way, imo) I thought the last scene was great. This episode was so brutal and innocent lives seemed like an after thought so I don’t even care how many bystanders Meleys STOMPED on. I will say tho Sapochonik or whoever explained her motives in the behind the scenes wasn’t a great excuse :rip: he literally said “I know people may disagree with it” :ahh: 

17 minutes ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

I feel like they left whether Viserys’ final words were what convinced Alicent to back Aegon as King or if she used his words to reinforce her convictions that Aegon should be King. She heard what she wanted to hear and used that as reasoning to crown her son, she’s been brainwashed for years, one dinner isn’t going to undo all of that. 

Regardless of what she wanted it was clear the council and her father were plotting and had plans to usurp the throne, she wasn’t needed in the grand scheme of things as she holds no power

Yeah maybe it's just a bit too rushed for them to properly get that across I guess. I kind of like that they are making her more nuanced because the whole point of the book is that it's a biased telling of history from people who didn't actually know all the details. I'm just not sure it's fully working with the pacing. This season rushed through a lot. 

The first part was kinda boring but when it comes to the end, pheww, Rhaenys issa queen

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.