House of the Dragon | Season 2 | Episode 2: 'Rhaenyra the Cruel' | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

7 hours ago, RihFenty20 said:

The Targaryens are basically a bunch of pseudo-demigods that were able to bind and control one of the strongest creatures in the world, everyone SHOULD bend the knee to them. Rhaenrya is a princess and the heir to the iron throne. She is beyond the rules/customs of the westerosi as a dragonlord, as a princess, and as future Queen. Alicent is the one who is entitled to believe that she can demand anything from someone like Rhaenrya when THE KING SUPPORTS HER KIDS, HER HUSBAND ( and HIS FAMILY) CLAIM THE KIDS, and THE MAJORITY OF THE REALM support Rhaenrya and those kids. Alicent is mad that Rhaenrya doesn't have to play the game the same way she did. Rhaenrya has a father who shields her and allows her the freedoms she deserves as heir. That's the truth. If she was the person she pretends to be. She wouldn't have saved Criston, She would've had larys locked up (or executed) for kinslaying and she would've called for Luke to be disinherited instead of maimed (seriously, who calls the bodily harm of children as punishment?!?). She's just as power-hungry as opportunistic as her father. I wish the show didn't age her down because you'd definitely see the hater energy more if she was older than Rhaenrya as orginally intended. 

Preach 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

Where is Olivia Cooke in all the behind the scenes? 

I don't understand the need to make rush endings. Only because they want to create that shock moment. It just ruins the whole episode experience for me :deadbanana4:

Anyway, Vhagar's scene was stunning. Kids fighting and the discussion in the hall's scenes were incredible too. Olivia Cooke stole the show once again :clap3:

OMG IM IN SHOCK!

Best episode by far, it was like watching the best moments of GoT season 1 to 3 :jonny2:

Legendary, legendary :clap3:

14 hours ago, AdamL44 said:

OT: ep 7 bodied, HotD >>> GoT s1. 

delusion :bibliahh:

16 hours ago, LP54 said:

Young Rhaenyra > Older Rhaenyra 

Young Alicent < Older Alicent

agree 100%. D'arcy isnt bad but they are not eating it up as much as Milly's honestly

I hope he dies

I hope he dies

24 minutes ago, Anye said:

I hope he dies

he's evil but actually the most interesting villain rn lol, alicent is annoying with the holier than thou attitude, same w crispy.

9 hours ago, Triton said:

I love how Aemond has his mothers back and plain out threatened Rhaenyra with Vaghar. And Aegon basically telling the truth… everyone knows. 

Ugh, Alicent looked stunning with that dagger, plus the sight of the ship leaving with 3 dragons…. Rhaenyra girl, they’re coming for you and your loose cootch. 

omg :rip: let her be! her actual man was busy attending pride parades and now the opps have one more dragon, she is already burdened with Ls 

-

Miss Alicent is an acTor! loved this ep. Olivia Cooke is the moment. From Bates Motel (all time fave) to this whew..... the range

Yall are insane. I enjoyed Milly's Rhaenyra but there's no way you can say her portrayal is better than Emma's. Emma nails every single emotion and does it so subtly, the way Lena Headley wishes she could. Emma, Olivia and Michelle Fairley are the best actresses that have been/are a part of GoT/HotD franchise

11 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

People dragging Alicent and refusing to acknowledge all the terrible stuff Rhaenyra and Daemon have done are serving

50ded596bf9e5b58a59bd2a1e61a546d.jpg

delusion :bibliahh:

Now why would you both write something so similar? Bookmarked just in case this turns out to be a spoiler so I can report it and you'll be threadbanned :hippo: (And if not, I guess you're both just gross in wishing such a gruesome death on this icon.)

Nnnn I saw their comment and decided to mimic it. You’re gross for assuming something is a spoiler just because you don’t agree with it. literally the last episode had someone get their eye and wrist slashed why not just add the neck :skull: 

5 hours ago, FlyPirate said:

Was it just me or the flying scene with Aemond and Vhagar felt very Harry Potter? 

Yes I said this to my man :bibliahh: it was giving harry flying the hipogriff. 

Unpopular opinion but I'm still not 100% sold on Emma's Rhaenyra, something just isn't clicking for me there, however Olivia Cook is acting DOWN every scene she's in with Emma. So far she's stealing every scene she's in with Rhaenyra :jonny:

57 minutes ago, ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚ said:

Yall are insane. I enjoyed Milly's Rhaenyra but there's no way you can say her portrayal is better than Emma's. Emma nails every single emotion and does it so subtly, the way Lena Headley wishes she could. Emma, Olivia and Michelle Fairley are the best actresses that have been/are a part of GoT/HotD franchise

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Many in the fandom are still divided over Emma's portrayal of Rhaenyra that seems very mixed in reactions, let alone is she even close to outdoing Lena Headley's fantastic acting portrayal of Cersei. No one in HoTD is matching or outdoing any of the actors/characters from GOT. Olivia Cooke's Alicent comes the closest, I think. 

7 minutes ago, est. in 90s said:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Many in the fandom are still divided over Emma's portrayal of Rhaenyra that seems very mixed in reactions, let alone is she even close to outdoing Lena Headley's fantastic acting portrayal of Cersei. No one in HoTD is matching or outdoing any of the actors/characters from GOT. Olivia Cooke's Alicent comes the closest, I think. 

Yall overrate Lena Headley's botox'd wine-drinking smirking ass WAY too much :rip: 

Also please, there are literally a dozen of bad GOT actors I can mention at the top of my head and these aren't just random one-off actors/roles too.

Only three more eps left for the remainder of the season :dancehall3:

The last time jump & the new actors introduced will stay with us for next seasons :clap3:

Rhaenys is heavily incorporated in this promo so we’re finally gonna get more scenes with her :clap3:

The actresses playing adult Rhaena & Baela are so pretty omg I can totally see them becoming fan favorites! 
All in all Ep 7 has to be my favorite ep thus far. The acting between Emma & Olivia are always such highlights, they’ve been delivering immensely ugh it’s the way I’ve been reciting “now they see you as you are” out of randomness, Emma’s delivery was just perfect in that scene :WAP:

1 hour ago, ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚ said:

Bro, come on now.  This is just pure delusional.

All of these ladies are great actresses, but to place anyone on Lena's level is insane.  No one else could have given Cersei the nuance, complexity, and emotion that she did.  There's a reason she's widely regarded as THE best actress in GOT history.

Emma and Olivia are great, but we've only seen them in 2 episodes.  Let's give them some time to develop their characters.

2 hours ago, ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚ said:

YES. Which is why I’m loving their portrayal as Rhaenyra. Emma emotes through their eyes & the subtlety of their performance is amazing to watch! There’s more to acting than just screaming & crying, though it’s preferred more to the masses & is considered to many as the pinnacle of fine acting which is absolutely fine as well, to each their own!! I tend to be more impressed with subtle performances!

Come on y'all Lena on the first 4 seasons of GoT is god tier GOT acting. I'd even include s5, her scene with the Sparrow and Lancel is GOLD. Cersei was done dirrty on the rest of the show tho. The good sis was wasted by having her look out balconies and sip wine :deadbanana:

Agreed with Michelle Fairley, hugely underrated. And ofc Charles Dance :jonny4: The holy trinity of actors on GoT, noone came close.

As for Emma D'Arcy I've really been loving their version of Rhaenyra, the character is more subtle than Milly's, who had this teenage brattiness to her that was very charming but if that continued into adulthood it'd look like a very immature character. I think those on the fence on older Rhaenyra will change their minds once as we reach the season finale. I'm sure Emma will EAT the material

35 minutes ago, Miles. said:

Bro, come on now.  This is just pure delusional.

All of these ladies are great actresses, but to place anyone on Lena's level is insane.  No one else could have given Cersei the nuance, complexity, and emotion that she did.  There's a reason she's widely regarded as THE best actress in GOT history.

Emma and Olivia are great, but we've only seen them in 2 episodes.  Let's give them some time to develop their characters.

She's had a great moments, sure but imo she's had way more unmemorable, bad moments and those are the the moments that come to my mind when I hear the names Lena Hedley and Cersei

That's definitely the first time I've ever seen someone claim that. 

Natalie Dormer, Michelle Fairley, Carice Van Houten, Diana Rigg their portrayals > Lena's Cersei :michael:

14 minutes ago, PaloSanto said:

As for Emma D'Arcy I've really been loving their version of Rhaenyra, the character is more subtle than Milly's, who had this teenage brattiness to her that was very charming but if that continued into adulthood it'd look like a very immature character.

!!!

17 minutes ago, PaloSanto said:

As for Emma D'Arcy I've really been loving their version of Rhaenyra, the character is more subtle than Milly's, who had this teenage brattiness to her that was very charming but if that continued into adulthood it'd look like a very immature character. I think those on the fence on older Rhaenyra will change their minds once as we reach the season finale. I'm sure Emma will EAT the material

The girls will come to appreciate their performance through the seasons considering what Rhaenyra inevitably ends up becoming! 

Edited by Xantalli

One thing that dissapointed me the most was the acting when Joffrey died, it felt so emotionless. Lena's best was in season 2 where Cersei was more like her book counterpart

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.