• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

The Targaryens are just such an arrogant group of people. Always destroying everything around them, but with the audicity to think everyone have to bend the knee to them.

You can have your bastards and f+ck as much as you want, but you shouldn't parade those children within to court like the biggest proud of your life. Rhaynera is dumb for this and she should have learned something from the men. Hide those kids like a normal person.

Alicent is right. The entitlement is far too much. 

Edited by Blade Runner

Wait I have only just noticed why Daemon killed that guard. He was in on the Laenor & Qarl leaving together and provided the double that was burned to be unrecognizable.

On 10/2/2022 at 7:09 PM, BlackAura said:

Vhagar design looks kinda crappy compared to the other dragons who seem more polished. She kinda looks like a swamp donkey mixed with a labrador mixed with a turtoise.

Not swamp donkey :skull: 

Young Rhaenyra > Older Rhaenyra 

Young Alicent < Older Alicent

Best actor on the show, hands down. Maybe the best ever? I don't know if I'm reaching, fhsfsf 

I didn't like Peter Dinklage or Lena Headey that much. 

Edited by Blade Runner

25 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Best actor on the show, hands down. Maybe the best ever? I don't know if I'm reaching, fhsfsf 

Olivia and Emma are giving masterclass…not sure Thrones girlies are keeping up 

1 hour ago, Blade Runner said:

The Targaryens are just such an arrogant group of people. Always destroying everything around them, but with the audicity to think everyone have to bend the knee to them.

You can have your bastards and f+ck as much as you want, but you shouldn't parade those children within to court like the biggest proud of your life. Rhaynera is dumb for this and she should have learned something from the men. Hide those kids like a normal person.

Alicent is right. The entitlement is far too much. 

The Targaryens are basically a bunch of pseudo-demigods that were able to bind and control one of the strongest creatures in the world, everyone SHOULD bend the knee to them. Rhaenrya is a princess and the heir to the iron throne. She is beyond the rules/customs of the westerosi as a dragonlord, as a princess, and as future Queen. Alicent is the one who is entitled to believe that she can demand anything from someone like Rhaenrya when THE KING SUPPORTS HER KIDS, HER HUSBAND ( and HIS FAMILY) CLAIM THE KIDS, and THE MAJORITY OF THE REALM support Rhaenrya and those kids. Alicent is mad that Rhaenrya doesn't have to play the game the same way she did. Rhaenrya has a father who shields her and allows her the freedoms she deserves as heir. That's the truth. If she was the person she pretends to be. She wouldn't have saved Criston, She would've had larys locked up (or executed) for kinslaying and she would've called for Luke to be disinherited instead of maimed (seriously, who calls the bodily harm of children as punishment?!?). She's just as power-hungry as opportunistic as her father. I wish the show didn't age her down because you'd definitely see the hater energy more if she was older than Rhaenrya as orginally intended. 

32 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Lena Headey was untouchabe as Cersie. She gave an acting masterclass in GOT. 

OT: WOW, best episode so far. 

5 minutes ago, RihFenty20 said:

The Targaryens are basically a bunch of pseudo-demigods that were able to bind and control one of the strongest creatures in the world, everyone SHOULD bend the knee to them. Rhaenrya is a princess and the heir to the iron throne. She is beyond the rules/customs of the westerosi as a dragonlord, as a princess, and as future Queen. Alicent is the one who is entitled to believe that she can demand anything from someone like Rhaenrya when THE KING SUPPORTS HER KIDS, HER HUSBAND ( and HIS FAMILY) CLAIM THE KIDS, and THE MAJORITY OF THE REALM support Rhaenrya and those kids. Alicent is mad that Rhaenrya doesn't have to play the game the same way she did. Rhaenrya has a father who shields her and allows her the freedoms she deserves as heir. That's the truth. If she was the person she pretends to be. She wouldn't have saved Criston, She would've had larys locked up (or executed) for kinslaying and she would've called for Luke to be disinherited instead of maimed (seriously, who calls the bodily harm of children as punishment?!?). She's just as power-hungry as opportunistic as her father. I wish the show didn't age her down because you'd definitely see the hater energy more if she was older than Rhaenrya as orginally intended. 

This. 

It's so difficult for me to feel bad for Alicent because everything happening to her is the consequence of her weakness, frustration and jealousy. I may have understood if the Iron Throne was her sole obsession as it was for Cersei but no. She despises Rhaenyra because she is free to do whatever she wants without fearing the consequences while she was forced to marry Viserys and bear his children.

The saddest thing is that her life would've been so much different, had she supported Rhaenyra from the beginning. I know it's just wishful thinking and this would've never happened in the universe of Game of Thrones but, Rhaenyra becoming Queen, with Alicent as her Hand, would've probably make many changes in order to improve women's conditions in Westeros.

31 minutes ago, RihFenty20 said:

I understand how the Targaryens operate, but like other members of her family, Rhaenyra is too stubborn and blind to really see and understand what's going on around her. You're a woman aiming for the throne, sadly you can't behave like a man and display your bastard sons (because that's what they are) in such an arrogant way. It is politically stupid and it's gonna cost you. The Kingdom is already against you just because you're a woman and you still choose to act like a horny, inflexible fool. No, ma'am. 

Alicent, more than hungry for power, is desperate to prove herself and find her place in that awful world. And she's right. She's also obviosuly jealous of Rhaenyra's free spirit, but that doesn't mean she's totally crazy. Demanding justice for her son was appropriate, for example. 

Edited by Blade Runner

20 minutes ago, Steve Johnson said:

OT: WOW, best episode so far. 

Yeah, I know. But personally, I wasn't that into her way of acting. But I realize that's just me. 

I agree with Indiewire's review:

But no one’s anger comes close to Alicent’s. It’s a knockout performance from Cooke, who only gets better as the scene continues, seamlessly intertwining Alicent’s wrath with horror that what she feared for so long — war between Rhaenyra’s house and her own — has come to pass.

Cooke unlocks yet another level at this point, layering in the pain of Alicent and Rhaenyra’s broken trust and lost friendship. From her trembling voice to her brimming eyes and the hand clutching that massive knife, Cooke has full command of this character who she has only played for two episodes. Every defining moment of Alicent’s life has been someone else’s desire or doing, right up to this very moment. She cannot bear that Rhaenyra lives free of this oppression, and that she still manages to resent Alicent through it all.

A powerhouse performance. :bird:

The way Alicent has some of y'all absolutely pressed :duca:

I'm Team Black, but fact is she's THE most compelling character on the show, played by THE actress of the moment :clap3::gaycat4:

spacer.png

OT: ep 7 bodied, HotD >>> GoT s1. 

12 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

I understand how the Targaryens operate, but like other members of her family, Rhaenyra is too stubborn and blind to really see and understand what's going on around her. You're a woman aiming for the throne, sadly you can't behave like a man and display your bastard sons (because that's what they are) in such an arrogant way. It is politically stupid and it's gonna cost you. The Kingdom is already against you just because you're a woman and you still choose to act like a horny, inflexible fool. No, ma'am. 

Alicent, more than hungry for power, is desperate to prove herself and find her place in that awful world. And she's right. She's also obviosuly jealous of Rhaenyra's free spirit, but that doesn't mean she's totally crazy. Demanding justice for her son was appropriate, for example. 

You're not wrong, but my point is if the *entire* family stands as one, the rest of the sheep will fall in line. Nobody is brainless enough to challenge the family that controls both the nukes and largest navy in the realm. They would've been upset, but they would've learned to live with it. 

1 hour ago, Steve Johnson said:

Olivia devoured all of Lena’s monotonous acting in that scene alone.

people really make alicent the villain but it was otto who put her (and him by default) in such a precarious position. war was bound to happen eventually if the king remarried and had a male descendant 

1 hour ago, Blade Runner said:

Yeah, I know. But personally, I wasn't that into her way of acting. But I realize that's just me. 

I agree with Indiewire's review:

A powerhouse performance. :bird:

she's by far the most complex character in the show and Cooke's performance only elevates Alicent and makes her more magnetic - not an easy feat :clap3:

2 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

Peter and Lena were done by half the series, their characters became single minded tropes. It's sad because i think Dinklage could have been amazing as a villain, but Hbo chose to make the character comedy relief to sell merch and to make jokes about not having a *****.

Um, Charles Dance was the best actor. Writing barely gave him much, never had to rely on juicier more dramatic scenes given to the bigger characters, and he still ate up everyone in the room. That's not even getting into his mere screen presence

I watched GoT much later and couldn't believe Dinklage got soo much acclaim...  Lena was also let down by the writing. Meh.

4 hours ago, Liafen said:

Wait I have only just noticed why Daemon killed that guard. He was in on the Laenor & Qarl leaving together and provided the double that was burned to be unrecognizable.

OMG

Show Cersei was done dirty, all her arc is about how to achieve power to overcome what she percieves as weakness and privation, which for her is being a woman. It's a really interesting theme on how internalized misogyny affects women, but the show reduced that to the character being more "a mom who has to be mean". Kevan and Cersei exchanges in the books are one of the best parts of her story, because you realize she's indeed being judged by her uncle on her sex, the show instead gives Tywin the reason on Cersei's treatment, making that scene where he tells her she's just not smart and that is not about sexism. A pity D&D never understood the character.

• ATRL Moderator

People dragging Alicent and refusing to acknowledge all the terrible stuff Rhaenyra and Daemon have done are serving

50ded596bf9e5b58a59bd2a1e61a546d.jpg

delusion :bibliahh:

On 10/3/2022 at 12:22 AM, Richie.Valdez said:

Alicent is just a crazy dumb off-meds messy character, I hope her throat gets slit soon :campfire:

11 hours ago, Desire said:

Alicunt needs her throat slit asap 

Now why would you both write something so similar? Bookmarked just in case this turns out to be a spoiler so I can report it and you'll be threadbanned :hippo: (And if not, I guess you're both just gross in wishing such a gruesome death on this icon.)

I love how Aemond has his mothers back and plain out threatened Rhaenyra with Vaghar. And Aegon basically telling the truth… everyone knows. 

Ugh, Alicent looked stunning with that dagger, plus the sight of the ship leaving with 3 dragons…. Rhaenyra girl, they’re coming for you and your loose cootch. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.