House of the Dragon | Season 2 | Episode 2: 'Rhaenyra the Cruel' | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

• ATRL Moderator

I'm so upset. I was mindlessly scrolling through TikTok when someone posted the scene from GoT that spoils the fate of one of the characters from House of the Dragon. There wasn't a warning, no opening, literally just the scene starting with the spoiler :weeps: I mean, I'll be fine, but I was definitely fuming this afternoon 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

Alicent, you will always be famous. :heart2:

Rhaenera will never be daenerys no matter how her fans plot her to be, she will ends up... Just like what joffrey said.. 

Eps 9 is meh.. Those innocents people being killed and for what... Its sickening how team black always viewed all those criminals and unhinged behaviours from the blacks as something passable... But at the sametimes dragging the greens from literally doing the same.. Theres no hero-side in this war,  both parties are not innocent... 

Applauding incest but dragging a certain random fetish.. Literal worm of brains...  

Edited by Pinter

3 hours ago, Xantalli said:

Fearing for my sanity after the season finale!!!

@Liafenhave you watched your press screener yet?!

One question… 

Hide contents

Is the duration of Aemond & Lucerys dragon scene really 15 mins long & is Lucerys death gruesome or is it a quick shot :lakitu: 

I might be wrong but I heard they aren’t doing press screeners for the finale?

They're actually making The Greens somewhat more sympathetic, as the "Behind the Episode" segments mentioned.

Last episode was aight. The first half was great. Most of the Aegon chase story was weird AF, though, and Rhaenys coming up from the ground with her dragon to kill all those common people just for shock value was truly awful. Some of the "major setpieces" of this show have been kind of a mess. It seems like shock with very little sense to it.

Not MORONS actually stanning the Greens :lmao: 

Alicent literally tried to cut out the eye of a CHILD.

She had a whole house of women burned just to get the 1 up on her father.

She had the father of Rhaenyra's bastards killed (and even if you argue she didn't directly order it, she continued to keeps Larys around showing she did, in fact, condone it).

Aegon is a literal RAPIST.

Aegon literally watches his bastard sons fight in underground pits.

**** off with your righteous bullshit :ahh: 

Edited by Gaia

37 minutes ago, DirtyPony87 said:

They're actually making The Greens somewhat more sympathetic, as the "Behind the Episode" segments mentioned.

Last episode was aight. The first half was great. Most of the Aegon chase story was weird AF, though, and Rhaenys coming up from the ground with her dragon to kill all those common people just for shock value was truly awful. Some of the "major setpieces" of this show have been kind of a mess. It seems like shock with very little sense to it.

It's bizarre you guys are watching a GoT related show and still have the impression any of these people care about common folk. 

Did you miss out on Episode 1? During the tourney when they all sat and watched people fight to death for literally no reason :deadbanana2: 

Edited by Gaia

1 minute ago, Drowned8World said:

not some baguettes sl*t shaming Queen Rhaenyra on ATRL. The NERVE :rip:

oh and i forgot. Not them siding with the religious conservative and traitor family too :rip:

37 minutes ago, Gaia said:

It's bizarre you guys are watching a GoT related show and still have the impression any of these people care about common folk. 

Did you miss out on Episode 1? During the tourney when they all sat and watched people fight to death for literally no reason :deadbanana2: 

Oof. Bad take. It was a mess in episode 1, too. And those weren't commonfolk; those were literally highborn knights - from smaller houses in the very, very least, which makes even less sense. Like I said, a lot of the major action setpieces in this show so far, while enjoyable, have been a little dicey in terms of logic. Of course these characters don't care about the common people - "The highborn play their game of thrones, and the commonpeople suffer." But this was so ridiculously over-the-top. I can't believe George let something like this fly. It was pretty absurd. I know they're making TV, and they need to make it spicy and exciting for audiences with short attention spans who can't watch 20 consecutive minutes of dialogue, but there are better ways to adapt the material to something that actually makes sense. Events of this gravity, with hundreds potentially dead, are typically treated like unforgivable abominations. This makes as little sense as the Ser Criston nonsense in episode 5.

Not the blacks pretending to take the high ground and suddenly caring about **** shaming when they've been calling Alinnocent Alicunt since the show began and since she was a teen bride :deadbanana4:.

Rhaenyra snore is factually morally bankrupt by westerosi standards. She didn't even have the foresight to have an affair with a black man, or at the very least a blonde guy to hide the fact that her children are *Vaemond voice: BASTARDS. Even after they were born, she could've raised them at Dragon Stone to protect them from the gossip, but she chose to subject them to a life of ridicule and bullying just so she could still **** Harwin Strong.

:deadbanana4:.

9 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

Again, Blacks are not saints by any means, but his grooming attempts didn't cause a coup. Rhaenyra is the rightful heir, there's no way around it. The Greens genuinely think they're above Targaryen, but their scheming and machinations make them even worse than them.

Even Rhaenyra knew that her claim was contested once Aegon was born since males are automatically ahead in the line, the Greens are doing everything according to tradition :alexz2:.

And nobody denies that the Greens are morally grey, the difference is that the Blacks stans pretend that they're marvel heroes when they're just as morally bankrupt as the Greens. 

We Stan Alinnocent because of her complexity and layers.

The Blacks Stan Rhaenyra because she's Daenerys coded (she wishes she was Daenerys :coffee2:

2 hours ago, DirtyPony87 said:

Do you people actually WATCH the show or are you simply not able to put 1+1 together? My god :deadbanana:

The Rhaenys scene was flashy yes, and a delight for the viewers, but it wasn't made just for 'shock value' and it made PERFECT sense for the situation the character was in . 

She was being held HOSTAGE by the greens, which is the biggest insults for someone of her rank; she was witnessing them usurp the throne despite her cousin's wish, which was her closest relative, and ON TOP of all that they were holding her dragon captive in an underground cave at the location of the ceremony. Not to mention the c*nt Alicent had the NERVE to give her an ultimatum just a few hours prior to that. 

It's only logical she would burst out from there and save her dragon given the opportunity. What do you think she should've done instead? Take Meleys for a lil walk in a leash out of there without disturbing anyone? or rather go pick some flowers on a field while all of this is happening since she escaped from the red keep anyway now?

Some of you are not very bright I swear :rip:

2 hours ago, Cleanromantic said:

Rhaenyra snore is factually morally bankrupt by westerosi standards.

2 hours ago, Cleanromantic said:

Even Rhaenyra knew that her claim was contested once Aegon was born since males are automatically ahead in the line, the Greens are doing everything according to tradition :alexz2:.

Not these conservative talking points :dies:

What you're failing to see is that the Blacks actually stay in their lane until the Greens threat their rightful claim to throne so they have no choice but to intervene, they're not going around parading as Marvel heroes (and they absolutely could if they wanted to).

Whether Rhaenyra is "morally bankrupt by westerosi standards" for having children outside of marriage (and mind you, we know she tried to have them with Leanor, it's not like she was jumping from d*ck to d*ck to get pregnant) or male heirs being the ones expected to rule "according to tradition" has no place in this discourse because Rhaenyra has been named heir to the Iron Throne for years at this point and apparently everyone in Westeros was at peace with it except for the Greens who are so twisted and rotted that they're doing everything in their power, including killing innocent people, to get what they think should belong to them for being good, righteous and better than the Targaryens. How can you not see the irony in all of this? :toofunny3:

Edited by Hephaestus

2 hours ago, DirtyPony87 said:

Oof. Bad take. It was a mess in episode 1, too. And those weren't commonfolk; those were literally highborn knights - from smaller houses in the very, very least, which makes even less sense. Like I said, a lot of the major action setpieces in this show so far, while enjoyable, have been a little dicey in terms of logic. Of course these characters don't care about the common people - "The highborn play their game of thrones, and the commonpeople suffer." But this was so ridiculously over-the-top. I can't believe George let something like this fly. It was pretty absurd. I know they're making TV, and they need to make it spicy and exciting for audiences with short attention spans who can't watch 20 consecutive minutes of dialogue, but there are better ways to adapt the material to something that actually makes sense. Events of this gravity, with hundreds potentially dead, are typically treated like unforgivable abominations. This makes as little sense as the Ser Criston nonsense in episode 5.

Say it! :clap3: I kinda feel Criston and Rhaenys' characters are already destroyed. Daemon will be the next one, I fear :sadviolin:

Of course that same member who spent years trying to drag Daenerys is in this thread coming for Rhaenyra too :rip:

Yall wanna be egdy with your #Greens stanning but it's giving ******ed 

22 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

Not these conservatives talking points :dies:

What you're failing to see is that the Blacks actually stay in their lane until the Greens threat their rightful claim to throne so they have no choice but to intervene, they're not going around parading as Marvel heroes (and they absolutely could if they wanted to).

Whether Rhaenyra is "morally bankrupt" for having children outside of marriage (and mind you, we know she tried to have them with Leanor, it's not like she was jumping from d*ck to d*ck to get pregnant) or male heirs are the ones expected to rule "according to tradition" has no place in this discourse because Rhaenyra has been named heir to the Iron Throne for years at this point and apparently everyone in Westeros was at peace with it expect for the Greens who are so twisted and rotted that they're doing everything in their power, including killing multiple innocent people, to get what they think should belong to them for being good, righteous and better than the Targaryens. How can you not see the irony in all of this? :toofunny3:

No Greens, no plot :alexz2:. Rhaenys was also passed to give the thrown to Viserys, who's not even her brother but her cousin. You're making it sound like the Greens made up Aegon's claim when according to Westerosi law his claim is stronger than his sister's, and even Rhaenyra knew this and knew that she was only named heir because she had no brothers and was believed to be Viserys's last child. 

"Not these conservatives talking points" this take is exactly why blacks stans are insufferable. They're judging a show inspired by medieval times by today's standards. Alinnocent is a better feminist character than the Marvel Hero cut out that is Rhaenyra because she's actually layered and represents what women actually went through during that time, while Rhaenyra is just a wish fulfillment character.

4 minutes ago, ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚ said:

Of course that same member who spent years trying to drag Daenerys is in this thread coming for Rhaenyra too :rip:

Yall wanna be egdy with your #Greens stanning but it's giving ******ed 

I don't know if you're talking about me but I was a Daenerys Stan in the Got thread and was one of the only people praising Emilia's performance throughout the show and her season 8 arch while people were claiming she's the worst actress.

2 hours ago, AxelFox said:

Do you people actually WATCH the show or are you simply not able to put 1+1 together? My god :deadbanana:

The Rhaenys scene was flashy yes, and a delight for the viewers, but it wasn't made just for 'shock value' and it made PERFECT sense for the situation the character was in . 

She was being held HOSTAGE by the greens, which is the biggest insults for someone of her rank; she was witnessing them usurp the throne despite her cousin's wish, which was her closest relative, and ON TOP of all that they were holding her dragon captive in an underground cave at the location of the ceremony. Not to mention the c*nt Alicent had the NERVE to give her an ultimatum just a few hours prior to that. 

It's only logical she would burst out from there and save her dragon given the opportunity. What do you think she should've done instead? Take Meleys for a lil walk in a leash out of there without disturbing anyone? or rather go pick some flowers on a field while all of this is happening since she escaped from the red keep anyway now?

Some of you are not very bright I swear :rip:

Mmm no. I think the only “not very bright” person in this entire thread right now is YOU for trying to insult someone’s intelligence when discussing a plot point in a fûcking dragon show. And an absurd one, at that. Take a deep breath and maybe try to go outside and get some fresh air. :toofunny2:

While it makes sense from a character’s perspective at that very moment, it makes no sense from a story/logic perspective. And it certainly doesn’t make sense in the development of the character or the arc of that character this season, overall. The Rhaenys character that has been developed in the show so far and source material has no reason to blast her way through an auditorium full of people, in spite of the circumstances.

And on the subject of the circumstances that might have led to this ridiculous act, if that (what you described) really motivated her to straight-up murk those innocent bystanders, then she should have had even MORE motivation to roast the guilty, responsible people that actually caused those circumstances, as you said yourself. But she didn’t. Why? Because we need story. It just makes no sense whatsoever. There is no way anyone can make this story point sound logical - on neither a character nor a story perspective. What she did was evil. It was straight-up evil. Probably/arguably the most heinous act in the entire show so far. And that’s just not Rhaenys.

It’s clear that they just needed a big episode 9 set-piece (which is the norm for the Game of Thrones franchise around this time in the season), and this is what they decided to improvise. I do commend them on the spectacle - it wasn’t boring. But the execution was just so sloppy and contrived. They did this in episode 5, the “midseason finale,” so I’m hoping they don’t shoehorn in another poorly executed sequence with no rhyme or reason to it in the finale.

Edited by DirtyPony87

10 minutes ago, Cleanromantic said:

I don't know if you're talking about me but I was a Daenerys Stan in the Got thread and was one of the only people praising Emilia's performance throughout the show and her season 8 arch while people were claiming she's the worst actress.

I'm not talking about you

5 minutes ago, Cleanromantic said:

No Greens, no plot :alexz2:. Rhaenys was also passed to give the thrown to Viserys, who's not even her brother but her cousin. You're making it sound like the Greens made up Aegon's claim when according to Westerosi law his claim is stronger than his sister's, and even Rhaenyra knew this and knew that she was only named heir because she had no brothers and was believed to be Viserys's last child. 

"Not these conservatives talking points" this take is exactly why blacks stans are insufferable. They're judging a show inspired by medieval times by today's standards. Alinnocent is a better feminist character than the Marvel Hero cut out that is Rhaenyra because she's actually layered and represents what women actually went through during that time, while Rhaenyra is just a wish fulfillment character.

The difference between Rhaenys and Rhaenyra is that the latter was actually named heir to the Iron Throne by her father, the former wasn't. Jaehaerys preferred let a council vote who would succeed him instead of making the decision himself and put her daughter on the throne. Just to put things in perspective, Viserys called Rhaenyra his "only child", that's how much he loved and believed in her.

Clinging on traditions to back Aegon's claim is bullish*t and a double standard. You really think people would support him if they knew he also has bastard child(ren?) and with common folks no less?

Am I really expected to judge the show differently when it's the product of today's standards? You're grasping at straws sis. I actually have empathy for Alicent and I enjoy her complexity a lot, but I won't sit here make excuses for her and her faction's hypocrisy and f*cked up actions to get power.

13 minutes ago, DirtyPony87 said:

Mmm no. I think the only “not very bright” person in this entire thread right now is YOU for trying to insult someone’s intelligence when discussing a plot point in a fûcking dragon show. And an absurd one, at that. Take a deep breath and maybe try to go outside and get some fresh air. :toofunny2:

While it makes sense from a character’s perspective at that very moment, it makes no sense from a story/logic perspective. And it certainly doesn’t make sense in the development of the character or the arc of that character this season, overall. The Rhaenys character that has been developed in the show so far and source material has no reason to blast her way through an auditorium full of people, in spite of the circumstances.

And on the subject of the circumstances that might have led to this ridiculous act, if that (what you described) really motivated her to straight-up murk those innocent bystanders, then she should have had even MORE motivation to roast the guilty, responsible people that actually caused those circumstances, as you said yourself. But she didn’t. Why? Because we need story. It just makes no sense whatsoever. There is no way anyone can make this story point sound logical - on neither a character nor a story perspective.

It’s clear that they just needed a big episode 9 set-piece (which is the norm for the Game of Thrones franchise around this time in the season), and this is what they decided to improvise. I do commend them on the spectacle - it wasn’t boring. But the execution was just so sloppy and contrived. They did this in episode 5, the “midseason finale,” so I’m hoping they don’t shoehorn in another poorly executed sequence with no rhyme or reason to it in the finale.

Please, the point just keeps flying over your head. 

It made total sense from a story/logic perspective and the fact that she did not burn the greens alive right there is the perfect culmination for the character's arc this season. THAT would've been real character assasination.

It's not that she was 'motivated to murk those innocent bystanders'. Her own life and that of her DRAGON were at stake. Hell they even showed you a scene of her seeing that lord hanged in the Red keep for his betrayal for God's sake. Rhaenys was potrayed as compassionate and vigilant, but she is no fool either. The only way for her to make it out alive from there WITH her dragon was to burst out from underneath, even if that resulted in some collateral damage. And everyone in there would have done the same in her position. It's not like she could've sneaked Meleys outside without nobody noticing and flee to Dragonstone. Stop trying to make it out as if she was casually flying around King's landing while the ceremony was taking place and just decided to go in and kill some guys for the sake of it. :toofunny3:

Now when she gets in Dracarys range to the greens, she probably considers it but ultimately chooses not to. She's always cared deeply about her family. Even with Vaemond who opposed her directly for the seat of Driftmark, she did not want him dead. She's not like Otto who would kill familly for preventive measures, that is not the way to do things for her. Cause ultimately most of them there were still her own kin. That really isn't something Rhaenys, of all characters, would have easily glossed over.

They did need a big set-piece for episode 9 and they did it very well. Perhaps it's you who needs to go outside and get some fresh air before watching any other episodes cause it's clear you are not paying enough attention to what you're seeing. 

A reminder that rhaenery is an ugly fat woman who married her own brother,  she killed her gay husband so that she can be incest, while also having affair with bunch of men. 

Alicent you will always be famous and pretty.  :heart2:

Edited by Pinter

1 hour ago, AxelFox said:

Please, the point just keeps flying over your head. 

It made total sense from a story/logic perspective and the fact that she did not burn the greens alive right there is the perfect culmination for the character's arc this season. THAT would've been real character assasination.

It's not that she was 'motivated to murk those innocent bystanders'. Her own life and that of her DRAGON were at stake. Hell they even showed you a scene of her seeing that lord hanged in the Red keep for his betrayal for God's sake. Rhaenys was potrayed as compassionate and vigilant, but she is no fool either. The only way for her to make it out alive from there WITH her dragon was to burst out from underneath, even if that resulted in some collateral damage. And everyone in there would have done the same in her position. It's not like she could've sneaked Meleys outside without nobody noticing and flee to Dragonstone. Stop trying to make it out as if she was casually flying around King's landing while the ceremony was taking place and just decided to go in and kill some guys for the sake of it. :toofunny3:

Now when she gets in Dracarys range to the greens, she probably considers it but ultimately chooses not to. She's always cared deeply about her family. Even with Vaemond who opposed her directly for the seat of Driftmark, she did not want him dead. She's not like Otto who would kill familly for preventive measures, that is not the way to do things for her. Cause ultimately most of them there were still her own kin. That really isn't something Rhaenys, of all characters, would have easily glossed over.

They did need a big set-piece for episode 9 and they did it very well. Perhaps it's you who needs to go outside and get some fresh air before watching any other episodes cause it's clear you are not paying enough attention to what you're seeing. 

Tell 'em :clap3:

15 minutes ago, Pinter said:

A reminder that rhaenery is an ugly fat woman who married her own brother,  she killed her gay husband so that she can be incest, while also having affair with bunch of men. 

Alicent you will always be famous and pretty.  :heart2:

*cousin (not that it changes anything) but ew at the body shaming, protected her gay husband by letting him live the life he always wanted in a place where no one knows him and had children from a man she loved because Leanor couldn't get her pregnant.

Alicent you will always be petty and a murderer :heart2:

1 hour ago, Pinter said:

The way everything in this sentence is completely false is wild. :deadbanana2: I swear some of you just don't actually pay attention when watching the show.

1 hour ago, Hephaestus said:

Tell 'em :clap3:

*cousin (not that it changes anything) but ew at the body shaming, protected her gay husband by letting him live the life he always wanted in a place where no one knows him and had children from a man she loved because Leanor couldn't get her pregnant.

Alicent you will always be petty and a murderer :heart2:

Dont call me out for body shaminhg when team blacks literally body shaminhg children of alicent calling them ugly etc... Dont act like youre a saint when youre all satan yourselves... Dont act high horse when you all slutshaming alicent all the time and dragging her children looks... Like they are children...

Protecting her gay husband bu plotting a lie and murdering innocent people, yes she is a murderer.. 

Rhaenyra you will always be incest and murderer. 

21 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

The way everything in this sentence is completely false is wild. :deadbanana2: I swear some of you just don't actually pay attention when watching the show.

Shes ugly fat woman who is jealous of alicent beauty in the book.. She kolled leanor in the book..

But if we talked about the show... Still she murdered an innconect person to cover an escape of her gay husband.. A murder is still murder no matter how you spin it to be...

Rhaenyra you will never be daenerys. 

Edited by Pinter

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.