House of the Dragon | Season 2 begins June 16th | Black + Green Trailer | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

E1IqN6n.jpg 

Set 200 years before the events of Game of Thrones, the series tells the story of a turbulent period for House Targaryen, one that set sibling against sibling and dragon against dragon. The point of contention: who should rule on the Iron Throne?

House Targaryen—the only family of dragonlords to survive the Doom of Valyria—took up residence on Dragonstone. Their tale begins with the legendary Aegon the Conqueror, creator of the Iron Throne, and goes on to recount the generations of Targaryens who fought to hold that iconic seat, all the way up to the civil war that nearly tore their dynasty apart. What really happened during the Dance of the Dragons? Why did it become so deadly to visit Valyria after the Doom? What is the origin of Daenerys's three dragon eggs in Game of thrones?

FV1Dc-PVUAIlaTe?format=jpg&name=large 

EOZzEx9XsAIJH_o?format=jpg&name=largeJmyhEg5.jpg

emma-d-arcy-matt-smith.jpg 

steve-toussaint.jpg 

olivia-cooke-rhys-ifans.jpg 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

ie_85756.jpeg 

Paddy Considine as King Viserys Targaryen, chosen by the lords of Westeros to succeed the Old King, Jaehaerys Targaryen, at the Great Council at Harrenhal.  A warm, kind, and decent man, Viserys only wishes to carry forward his grandfather’s legacy. But good men do not necessarily make for great kings.

ie_85752.jpeg 

Matt Smith as Prince Daemon Targaryen, younger brother to King Viserys and heir to the throne. A peerless warrior and a dragonrider, Daemon possesses the true blood of the dragon.  But it is said that whenever a Targaryen is born, the gods toss a coin in the air…

ie_85755.jpeg 

Olivia Cooke as Alicent Hightower, the daughter of Otto Hightower, the Hand of the King, and the most comely woman in the Seven Kingdoms. She was raised in the Red Keep, close to the king and his innermost circle; she possesses both a courtly grace and a keen political acumen.

emma-d-arcy-as-princess-rhaenyra-targary 

Emma D’Arcy as Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen, the king’s first-born child, she is of pure Valyrian blood, and she is a dragonrider. Many would say that Rhaenyra was born with everything… but she was not born a man.

ie_85757.jpeg 

Steve Toussaint as Lord Corlys Velaryon, “The Sea Snake.” Lord of House Velaryon, a Valyrian bloodline as old as House Targaryen. As “The Sea Snake,” the most famed nautical adventurer in the history of Westeros, Lord Corlys built his house into a powerful seat that is even richer than the Lannisters and that claims the largest navy in the world.

Eve Best as Princess Rhaenys Targaryen, a dragonrider and wife to Lord Corlys Velaryon, “The Queen Who Never Was” was passed over as heir to the throne at the Great Council because the realm favored her cousin, Viserys, simply for being male.

ie_85751.jpeg 

Fabien Frankel as Ser Criston Cole, of Dornish descent, the common-born son of the steward to the Lord of Blackhaven. Cole has no claim to land or titles; all he has to his name is his honor and his preternatural skill with a sword.

ie_85758.jpeg 

Sonoya Mizuno as Mysaria, who came to Westeros with nothing, sold more times than she can recall.  She could have wilted… but instead she rose to become the most trusted — and most unlikely — ally of Prince Daemon Targaryen, the heir to the throne.

ie_85753.jpeg 

Rhys Ifans as Otto Hightower. The Hand of the King, Ser Otto loyally and faithfully serves both his king and his realm. As the Hand sees it, the greatest threat to the realm is the king’s brother, Daemon, and his position as heir to the throne.

ie_85754.jpeg 

Milly Alcock as Young Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen. She’s the king’s first-born child, of pure Valyrian blood, and she is a dragonrider. Many would say that Rhaenyra was born with everything… but she was not born a man.

Emily Carey as Young Alicent Hightower, the daughter of Otto Hightower, the Hand of the King, and the most comely woman in the Seven Kingdoms. Alicent was raised in the Red Keep, close to the king and his innermost circle; she possesses both a courtly grace and a keen political acumen.

Supporting cast and character:

- Bethany Antonia as Baela Targaryen, eldest daughter of Laena Velaryon and rider of the young dragon Moondancer.

- Phoebe Campbell as Rhaena Targaryen, second daughter of Lady Laena and sister to Baela.

- Harry Collett as Jacaerys Velaryon, eldest son of Rhaenyra Targaryen.

- Ryan Corr as Ser Harwin ‘Breakbones’ Strong. ‘Breakbones’, Harwin is said to be the strongest man in the Seven Kingdoms.  Ser Harwin is the eldest son to Master of Laws Lyonel Strong and heir to Harrenhal.

- Tom Glynn-Carney as Aegon Targaryen, first-born son of King Viserys.

- Jefferson Hall as Tyland Lannister, a crafty and calculating politician, twin to Lord Jason Lannister.

- David Horovitch as Grand Maester Mellos, a voice of reason and trusted advisor to King Viserys.

- Wil Johnson as Ser Vaemond Velaryon, younger brother to Coryls Velaryon and commander in the Velaryon navy.

- John Macmillan as Ser Laenor Velaryon, son of Corlys Velaryon and  Rhaenys Targaryen.

- Graham McTavish as Ser Harrold Westerling, who has served in the Kingsguard since the days of King Jaehaerys; he is a paragon of chivalry and honor.

- Ewan Mitchell as Aemond Targaryen, second-born son of Viserys, nephew to Daemon, and half-brother to Rhaenyra.

- Theo Nate as Ser Laenor Velaryon, son of Corlys Velaryon and Rhaenys Targaryen.

- Matthew Needham as Larys Strong, younger son of Master of Laws Lyonel Strong, brought to court by his father.

- Bill Paterson as Lord Lyman Beesbury, Lord of Honeyholt and Master of Coin on King Viserys’s small council.

- Phia Saban as Helaena Targaryen, second-born daughter of Viserys, sister to Aegon and Aemond, half-sister to Rhaenyra.

- Gavin Spokes as Lord Lyonel Strong, Master of Laws to King Viserys and Lord of Harrenhal.

- Savannah Steyn as Lady Laena Velayron, daughter of Corlys Velaryon and Rhaenys Targaryen.

that original series finale still hurts so much, I don't think I will be watching this any time soon :gaycat6:

Daenerys deserves better

The way this has absolutely zero hype :rip: 

The way my hype switched from that rings of power flop to this exciting smash in a matter of days :heart:

If they nail the character moments and developement this will be a hit tbh. But if they only decided to adapt it for the AWESOME SCENES AND PLOTTWISTS it's gonna tank that's for sure

I was so sour…but I know I’m gonna watch. Ain’t kidding myself I’m hyped. :jonny5:

I can't wait for this 

Also, Olivia Cooke :heart:

House of the Dragon puts characters and story first: “Visuals will follow”; Takes inspiration from first season of Game of Thrones

Shooting on House of the Dragon wrapped not long ago, and although COVID made things difficult, somehow the show managed to get through the whole thing without shutting down. Now, the crew is working on post-production, which is mostly being overseen by Miguel Sapochnik, one of two showrunners on the series.

Sapochnik directed some of the best episodes of Game of Thrones, including “Hardhome,” and “The Winds of Winter,” so fans will be happy to know that’s handing “the physical production and the visual side of this thing.” Meanwhile, showrunner Ryan Condal is “the keeper of the story and the lore and everything Game of Thrones… The storytelling side is where they intermesh. So there’s a great dance between them and it was great watching their collaboration evolve over the course of the season.”

Even though Miguel Sapochnik is in charge of the look of the show, Yaitanes assures us that he has his priorities straight. “The priority list from Miguel, it was always ‘character, story, and visuals will follow’.

[................]

Yaitanes sounds like he was a proper superfan of Game of Thrones before signing on to House of the Dragon. He’s watched the original series through three times, and understands that the show lives “in the looks and the glances and the moments and the quiet.” That bodes well for fans who want House of the Dragon to focus on character and drama first. “Some of the…ingenuity they had, especially in the first season, really lent themselves to how we were going to make the show.” 

[...............]

Yaitanes also geeks out over the lore. Watching the original show through again, he was excited when characters mentioned events that occurred during the Dance of the Dragons, and realized that he could film some of those moments. “They’re talking about our show all throughout the series. They’re talking about this time of the Targaryen dynasty all throughout the original Game of Thrones.”

[...............]

Another thing House of the Dragon will borrow from the original show is its ensemble nature; there are a ton of characters in this series.

Yaitanes is so committed to the idea of an ensemble that he resisted naming his favorite Game of Thrones characters. But he can find value in any character, even a scumbag like Joffrey. Yaitanes said he enjoyed the few moments Joffrey showed vulnerability, like his death scene or when he retreated from the Battle of Blackwater. “I love when characters are messy and conflicted…Everybody’s a contradiction. People are good and bad and kind and mean….that’s what makes a character great.”

Source: The Golden Hour Podcast, winteriscoming.net

3 hours ago, Totami Legend said:

The way my hype switched from that rings of power flop to this exciting smash in a matter of days :heart:

4 hours ago, Saintlor said:

The way this has absolutely zero hype :rip: 

I think this why HBO is airing the show at the same time as the LOTR prequel. Both season finale of each show will be airing the same week. :rip:

They really want the shows to clash, drive up the conversations and comparisons.

A Katy/Gaga tea. I wonder if the strategy is goin to benefit both shows or backfire on one of them.

6 hours ago, Eóghan said:

ie_85756.jpeg 

Paddy Considine as King Viserys Targaryen, chosen by the lords of Westeros to succeed the Old King, Jaehaerys Targaryen, at the Great Council at Harrenhal.  A warm, kind, and decent man, Viserys only wishes to carry forward his grandfather’s legacy. But good men do not necessarily make for great kings.

ie_85752.jpeg 

Matt Smith as Prince Daemon Targaryen, younger brother to King Viserys and heir to the throne. A peerless warrior and a dragonrider, Daemon possesses the true blood of the dragon.  But it is said that whenever a Targaryen is born, the gods toss a coin in the air…

ie_85755.jpeg 

Olivia Cooke as Alicent Hightower, the daughter of Otto Hightower, the Hand of the King, and the most comely woman in the Seven Kingdoms. She was raised in the Red Keep, close to the king and his innermost circle; she possesses both a courtly grace and a keen political acumen.

emma-d-arcy-as-princess-rhaenyra-targary 

Emma D’Arcy as Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen, the king’s first-born child, she is of pure Valyrian blood, and she is a dragonrider. Many would say that Rhaenyra was born with everything… but she was not born a man.

ie_85757.jpeg 

Steve Toussaint as Lord Corlys Velaryon, “The Sea Snake.” Lord of House Velaryon, a Valyrian bloodline as old as House Targaryen. As “The Sea Snake,” the most famed nautical adventurer in the history of Westeros, Lord Corlys built his house into a powerful seat that is even richer than the Lannisters and that claims the largest navy in the world.

Eve Best as Princess Rhaenys Targaryen, a dragonrider and wife to Lord Corlys Velaryon, “The Queen Who Never Was” was passed over as heir to the throne at the Great Council because the realm favored her cousin, Viserys, simply for being male.

ie_85751.jpeg 

Fabien Frankel as Ser Criston Cole, of Dornish descent, the common-born son of the steward to the Lord of Blackhaven. Cole has no claim to land or titles; all he has to his name is his honor and his preternatural skill with a sword.

ie_85758.jpeg 

Sonoya Mizuno as Mysaria, who came to Westeros with nothing, sold more times than she can recall.  She could have wilted… but instead she rose to become the most trusted — and most unlikely — ally of Prince Daemon Targaryen, the heir to the throne.

ie_85753.jpeg 

Rhys Ifans as Otto Hightower. The Hand of the King, Ser Otto loyally and faithfully serves both his king and his realm. As the Hand sees it, the greatest threat to the realm is the king’s brother, Daemon, and his position as heir to the throne.

ie_85754.jpeg 

Milly Alcock as Young Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen. She’s the king’s first-born child, of pure Valyrian blood, and she is a dragonrider. Many would say that Rhaenyra was born with everything… but she was not born a man.

Emily Carey as Young Alicent Hightower, the daughter of Otto Hightower, the Hand of the King, and the most comely woman in the Seven Kingdoms. Alicent was raised in the Red Keep, close to the king and his innermost circle; she possesses both a courtly grace and a keen political acumen.

Supporting cast and character:

- Bethany Antonia as Baela Targaryen, eldest daughter of Laena Velaryon and rider of the young dragon Moondancer.

- Phoebe Campbell as Rhaena Targaryen, second daughter of Lady Laena and sister to Baela.

- Harry Collett as Jacaerys Velaryon, eldest son of Rhaenyra Targaryen.

- Ryan Corr as Ser Harwin ‘Breakbones’ Strong. ‘Breakbones’, Harwin is said to be the strongest man in the Seven Kingdoms.  Ser Harwin is the eldest son to Master of Laws Lyonel Strong and heir to Harrenhal.

- Tom Glynn-Carney as Aegon Targaryen, first-born son of King Viserys.

- Jefferson Hall as Tyland Lannister, a crafty and calculating politician, twin to Lord Jason Lannister.

- David Horovitch as Grand Maester Mellos, a voice of reason and trusted advisor to King Viserys.

- Wil Johnson as Ser Vaemond Velaryon, younger brother to Coryls Velaryon and commander in the Velaryon navy.

- John Macmillan as Ser Laenor Velaryon, son of Corlys Velaryon and  Rhaenys Targaryen.

- Graham McTavish as Ser Harrold Westerling, who has served in the Kingsguard since the days of King Jaehaerys; he is a paragon of chivalry and honor.

- Ewan Mitchell as Aemond Targaryen, second-born son of Viserys, nephew to Daemon, and half-brother to Rhaenyra.

- Theo Nate as Ser Laenor Velaryon, son of Corlys Velaryon and Rhaenys Targaryen.

- Matthew Needham as Larys Strong, younger son of Master of Laws Lyonel Strong, brought to court by his father.

Bill Paterson as Lord Lyman Beesbury, Lord of Honeyholt and Master of Coin on King Viserys’s small council.

Phia Saban as Helaena Targaryen, second-born daughter of Viserys, sister to Aegon and Aemond, half-sister to Rhaenyra.

Gavin Spokes as Lord Lyonel Strong, Master of Laws to King Viserys and Lord of Harrenhal.

Savannah Steyn as Lady Laena Velayron, daughter of Corlys Velaryon and Rhaenys Targaryen.

Omg the actress for Laena looks so pretty, I hope they give her a good wig and have her fly on her dragon :bunny2:

41 minutes ago, Eóghan said:

House of the Dragon puts characters and story first: “Visuals will follow”; Takes inspiration from first season of Game of Thrones

Source: The Golden Hour Podcast, winteriscoming.net

I think this why HBO is airing the show at the same time as the LOTR prequel. Both season finale of each show will be airing the same week. :rip:

They really want the shows to clash, drive up the conversations and comparisons.

A Katy/Gaga tea. I wonder if the strategy is goin to benefit both shows or backfire on one of them.

Well It's working! Rings of Power will go down :nicole2:

A day before my birthday :duca:

This better slay but after how dirty they did I'm never expecting again 

21 hours ago, Venom said:

Some of you have probably seen this but omg it should have ended like this. :jonny:

Kinda cheesy here. Maybe it would've worked if they thought of it from the beginning.

the hair and makeup look terrible to me lol

I’m hyped for this, this will end Disney+ and make or break HBOMax worldwide.

The LOTR show might me cute but it’s nowhere on the same level of fanfare of GoT even if people hated the finale, people also hated the Hobbit trilogy so…

How HBO Kept ‘House of the Dragon’ Costs under $20 Million per Episode

HBO’s “House of the Dragon” cost under $20 million per episode to produce its 10-episode first season, which debuts Aug. 21, a source close to production told Variety.

For comparison, “Game of Thrones” cost HBO around $100 million per season. Its per-episode price tag began at roughly $6 million in Season 1 and rose to $15 million for the show’s eighth and final season.

[..........]

If you’re wondering how HBO managed to keep the cost of “House of the Dragon” Season 1 from rising too much above what it paid for the final season of “Game of Thrones,” especially with even more CGI dragons expected to be flying around, the production insider says HBO is now so adept at these world-building series through years of not just “GoT,” but also producing “Westworld” and “His Dark Materials,” that the team can make a high-quality series as efficiently and effectively as possible.

Source: Variety

Well I´m rewatching Game of Thrones....

Season 3 was EVERYTHING :flame:

The Red Wedding broke my heart... once again :sad:

how yall excited about this knowing in the end it will all lead to that shitty ending/finale

i feel like it’s a waste of time? all that character development, plot etc for literally nothing

49 minutes ago, Harry said:

how yall excited about this knowing in the end it will all lead to that shitty ending/finale

i feel like it’s a waste of time? all that character development, plot etc for literally nothing

the ones responsible for game of thrones arent involve in this one..

still im not getting attached to any character tho. fool me once

New posters AND a new still! :jonny5:

RHAENYRA TARGARYEN

FR8bjlHX0AgJgth?format=jpg

DAEMON TARGARYEN

FR8ciU2XIAQLeOr?format=jpg

VISERYS I TARGARYEN

FR8cyajXMAICw6e?format=jpg

OTTO HIGHTOWER

FR8c9wvWUAMqCJ1?format=jpg

ALICENT HIGHTOWER

FR8dH_SXEAIDbr8?format=jpg

CORLYS VELARYON

FR8dSfQX0AADG_g?format=jpg

RHAENYS TARGARYEN

FR8dcatWYAAQJdC?format=jpg

CRISTON COLE

FR8dlg6WQAE9mcF?format=jpg

MYSARIA

FR8dvBcWUAA57Po?format=jpg

RHAENYRA still:

FR_wNfGX0AEJQz3?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Edited by FlyPirate

Those are good posters, I’ll give them that. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.