Madonna told Jennifer Grey that her relationship with XYZ inspired Express Yourself

Lover

yeah the title XYZ aka Ferris Bueller ofc lol

Jennifer Grey and Madonna

“She said, ‘Come into my car.’ And I got in her Mercedes, where she had a really good sound system, and she was like, ‘Listen to this song I just did. It’s about you.'”

Ferris Buellers Singing Telegram GIF - FerrisBuellers ...

love that story :heart2:

Off Top

ferris bueller's day off is my fave 80s movie hihi.

Did Jennifer and Matthew Broderick date? 

And the WIFLFAG video was inspired by Matthew Broderick killing a mother and daughter in a car crash7VzcNr.gif

Respect Yourself inspired Express Yourself.

Miss thing needs to stop pretending she created that song from scratch and someone else copied it from her. :toofunny3:

26 minutes ago, igninton said:

Miss thing needs to stop pretending she created that song from scratch and someone else copied it from her. :toofunny3:

jennifer grey >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> a literal nobody on a random forum.

ferris-bueller-ferris-buellers-day-off.g

3 hours ago, Lover said:

jennifer grey >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> a literal nobody on a random forum.

Oh honey, don't get it twisted, I have NO DOUBT that Madonna told that fake ass story to Jennifer, doesn't necesarily make it true tho.

She can get away with it mostly because the GP doesn't even know that Express Yourself is sampling Respect Yourself. :celestial5:

2 hours ago, igninton said:

Oh honey, don't get it twisted, I have NO DOUBT that Madonna told that fake ass story to Jennifer, doesn't necesarily make it true tho.

She can get away with it mostly because the GP doesn't even know that Express Yourself is sampling Respect Yourself. :celestial5:

725385.gif

Wow I would've though Sean's name would be the inspiration 

17 hours ago, Oktober Knight said:

Did Jennifer and Matthew Broderick date? 

Yes, she was with him in the car when he killed two people in Ireland. Driving in the rain on the wrong side of the road, probably drunk but he was never prosecuted. Unfortunately laws don't apply to the rich and famous and the family never got any form of justice even monetarily.

Matthew Broderick Literally Killed 2 People In 1987 (ranker.com)

9 hours ago, igninton said:

Aside from both songs having two words ending with "yourself", they both share a common of message of self-esteem/respect, but that's it, they don't sound alike at all. Nobody was screaming about The Staples when Express Yourself was released in 89, unlike the backlash Gaga received for Btw, and not just from Madonna fans either. There's not one mention of Madonna sampling RY on the Whosampled website either, but keep trying.

11 hours ago, igninton said:

GAGA

I see.

16 hours ago, Edit0rz said:

Yes, she was with him in the car when he killed two people in Ireland. Driving in the rain on the wrong side of the road, probably drunk but he was never prosecuted. Unfortunately laws don't apply to the rich and famous and the family never got any form of justice even monetarily.

Matthew Broderick Literally Killed 2 People In 1987 (ranker.com)

omg :rip:

14 hours ago, GlamSlam said:

Aside from both songs having two words ending with "yourself", they both share a common of message of self-esteem/respect, but that's it, they don't sound alike at all. Nobody was screaming about The Staples when Express Yourself was released in 89, unlike the backlash Gaga received for Btw, and not just from Madonna fans either. There's not one mention of Madonna sampling RY on the Whosampled website either, but keep trying.

Even the simplest of Google searches:

“Express Yourself” was the second single released from Madonna’s Like a Prayer. The anthemic ode to female empowerment was originally a sonic homage to the ‘70s funk-soul of Sly & The Family Stone and The Staples Singers. 

Musically, Madonna reworked themes from the song “Respect Yourself” by The Staple Singers, which was meant to be an empowering song for the African-American community during the Civil Rights Movement in the 1960s. Madonna flipped the song and created an empowering feminist song, creating a turning point in 1980s feminism.

https://genius.com/Madonna-express-yourself-lyrics

That's literally from Genius.com, which means her own label provided them with that info.

Like I said, she's lucky the GP doesn't care about it and only was here for the drama she created in 2012 to sell her album. :celestial5:

28 minutes ago, igninton said:

That's literally from Genius.com, which means her own label provided them with that info.

Like I said, she's lucky the GP doesn't care about it and only was here for the drama she created in 2012 to sell her album. :celestial5:

:clown:

paying homage >>>>>>>> lying about an e-mail on national tv

look-it-up-madonna.gif

17 minutes ago, igninton said:

Yet you still couldn't come up with a credible source from the "simplest of searches". That website is really no better than Wikipedia in the sense that anyone can write whatever crap they like.

"The site allows users to provide annotations and interpretation to song lyrics, news stories, sources, poetry, and documents".

It's funny how Monsters say Madonna caused all this drama to sell her album, yet conveniently forget Gaga had been coasting by for 3 years by being a second rate tribute act.

BTW/EY was basically the straw that broke the camels back and the GP rightfully said no and her solo career's never been the same since.

56 minutes ago, GlamSlam said:

BTW/EY was basically the straw that broke the camels back and the GP rightfully said no and her solo career's never been the same since.

I know right? Probably Madonna regrets that feud which basically elevated her to pop royalty. Now, 10 years later, she has an Oscar, numerous Grammys, a #1 song released last year and is respected and on a sellout stadium tour. 

1 hour ago, Lover said:

paying homage >>>>>>>> lying about an e-mail on national tv

look-it-up-madonna.gif

So Express Yourself pays homage to Respect Yourself but BTW rips off Express Yourself.

Right.

And why is that miss Madonna didn't sue her for it? Plagiarism, it´s a thing and numerous popstars are being sued left and right for it but not Born This Way.

You're digging your own hole sweetheart, let it go, it´s been 10 years and Madonna lost.

holding-in.gif

14 minutes ago, igninton said:

So Express Yourself pays homage to Respect Yourself but BTW rips off Express Yourself.

Right.

And why is that miss Madonna didn't sue her for it? Plagiarism, it´s a thing and numerous popstars are being sued left and right for it but not Born This Way.

You're digging your own hole sweetheart, let it go, it´s been 10 years and Madonna lost.

bc THE queen of Pop is known for being kindhearted she even gave that copy some cute promo @every mdna le tore stop.

the MassiveDNA tour: US $305.2 million ($360.23 in 2021 dollars)

the born reductive ball: $183.9 million ($213.93 in 2021 dollars)

now stop :clown:ing around and go outside because...

29 minutes ago, igninton said:

it´s been 10 years and Madonna lost.

Lost what exactly?

5 minutes ago, Chris said:

Are some Monsters THAT bored?

Homegirl, you and other Medonners have been quoting me nonstop ever since yesterday, I even got quoted in the Madonna base by some user telling y'all to come here and "drag" me I guess. Nice of you to try and use the "lol he's obsessed" when you know damn well it's the other way around as I keep getting quoted.

But you do you, I'm honestly done with this topic. You can pass the message around to other Medonners. :celestial3:

1 minute ago, igninton said:

Homegirl, you and other Medonners have been quoting me nonstop ever since yesterday,

Because you are in this thread nonstop spewing the same tired nonsense, "homegirl".

1 minute ago, igninton said:

. Nice of you to try and use the "lol he's obsessed" when you know damn well it's the other way around as I keep getting quoted

No one on this forum is even remotely "obsessed" with you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.