Johnny Depp vs. Amber Heard Trial

Coma Baby
Bloo
Message added by Bloo,

Mentioning @ATRL Feedback or @ATRL Administration does nothing. No staff member sees those notifications. If there is a member that is breaking ATRL rules, please report them and provide any additional context you think would better inform how we should judge it.

8 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

I was about to post this but you were 4 minutes earlier :deadbanana:

Seriously the world is collectively dragging her :deadbanana2:

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NausAllien

• suburbannature

• Patient Zero

• Mobility Mary

1 hour ago, for lovers said:

Well let's roll back 20 minutes and look at the article I already quoted from Yahoo which showed how his testimony substantiated the Amber deposition video from 2016 when she slipped up that they had already alerted TMZ. The ex-TMZ testimony highlighted how they were contacted by someone who was undeniably a credible source (or else they wouldn't have ran with it the way they did; he explains how this works in the testimony as well) and that they were specifically told to go to the court house at the day Amber was there and photograph her bruised face as she was leaving. This was after receiving the (apparently edited) video of Johnny smashing cabinets. Amber has said throughout the case that she was not in correspondence with TMZ. The testimony - along with the 2016 deposition video - puts that in massive doubt and thus damages Amber's credibility to the jury.

I get the impression you don't actually understand how these proceedings work and you're looking for some big "gotcha" moment when someone gives a testimony, and if they don't have that categorical gotcha moment then "they provided no information". It's obvious you don't get the purpose of the ex-TMZ guy's testimony and the questions which were laid out by Depp's team. The entire point of these testimonies and the questions which are asked is to present a picture to the jury in the context of the case. The picture Depp's team presented (and the one Amber's team rather desperately tried to discredit) was that Amber had been in contact with TMZ, lied about it, and plays into the narrative they've been building that she has ulterior motives/is a gold digger/etc etc. Whether that's true or not is up for the jury to decide along with everything else that's been presented but it's totally delusional to say the testimony yesterday provided LeGiT No INFoRMaTIoN ThO and was just some pointless stunt by Depp's team. Like this is basic stuff, honey.

Of course they got the information she was in court, that doesn't make mean it was from her, it could be anyone, including someone that works in court. There still 0 evidence or even concrete allegations that Amber contacted TMZ, if I remember correctly when asked about leaked info to media, she didn't even denied that her team did it, she simply said it was in response to Depp and she didn't do it herself.

Still, this isn't even central to whether abuse did happen or not 

Edited by brazil

Just now, Trent W said:

Like!! I came here to read some funny lashings directed at her since ATRL is good with sense of humor but this time the disconnection from the real world prevailed :dies:

1 minute ago, Trent W said:

Herd mentality and sexism against strong beautiful woman usually go hand in hand

LOCK HER UP! The whole world hates her and she is not even good at lying. Is she removed from Aquaman yet? 

Just now, KillingYourCareer said:

Like!! I came here to read some funny lashings directed at her since ATRL is good with sense of humor but this time the disconnection from the real world prevailed :dies:

Some of us are watching the trial and not basing our opinions on paid for edited titktok videos, same as the UK judicial system that decided evidence shows Depp abused Heard :giraffe:

24 minutes ago, Looolqueen said:

This states very plainly that she sent the video to TMZ and gave them the copyright (potentially free of cost) to defame Johnny Depp. This in itself is one of the strongest evidences on Johnny's side as it helps them prove that Amber had malicious intent.

:biblio:

You don't even understand what malice means in legal terms, dude. It has nothing to do with INTENT. The Supreme Court already decided what actual malice means: it is when a statement is made, knowing that it was false or with reckless disregard of whether it was false.

The video in and on itself CANNOT be defamatory. It's just a recording. What was written in that TMZ article that included the video could be considered defamatory, but in this case TMZ and the author of the article would be ones sued. Furthermore, that TMZ article that included that video has nothing to do with Amber's op-ed, which is what's being discussed here.

This is a perfect example of a red herring. Something that has NOTHING to do with the issue at hand, but it's being used to distract from the fact Depp's hasn't been able to prove to a reasonable standard that:

1. Amber's op-ed was defamatory.
    1. That the statements were false.
    2. That there was actual malice (in the legal sense) when those statements were made.
  2. Amber's op-ed caused him harm/damages.

Nothing else but those points matter here.

Edited by NausAllien

1 minute ago, brazil said:

Some of us are watching the trial and not basing our opinions on paid for edited titktok videos, same as the UK judicial system that decided evidence shows Depp abused Heard :giraffe:

And you still side with her even while watching the trial? Oh dearie dear! Earth calling ATRL user brazil!

Just now, KillingYourCareer said:

And you still side with her even while watching the trial?

We side with the truth. The truth is that she's a victim of DV.

A UK High Court already determined she had been abused by Depp, and there were at least 12 verified instances of abuse.

12 minutes ago, Trent W said:
22 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

I was about to post this but you were 4 minutes earlier :deadbanana:

So you're both just admitting to being sheep who can't formulate opinions for themselves? 

Honestly, Johnny Depp's PR team are so smart. They were obviously hyper-aware how much social media has been able to mobilise dumb and gullible people. :clap3:

6 minutes ago, brazil said:

Of course they got the information she was in court, that doesn't make mean it was from her, it could be anyone, including someone that works in court. There still 0 evidence or even concrete allegations that Amber contacted TMZ, if I remember correctly when asked about leaked info to media, she didn't even denied that her team did it, she simply said it was in response to Depp and she didn't do it herself.

Still, this isn't even central to whether abuse did happen or not 

She denied that she correlated with TMZ at any point. The deposition slip up, and now the testimony from TMZ guy, makes it pretty likely Amber lied about that. It might not be central to whether the abuse happened or not, but it hurts Amber's credibility in front of the jury which is important. Amber's strong suit is the abuse allegations, they look very damning for Depp whichever way his supporters cut it, and while Depp also has some abuse allegations in regards to Amber, his team's strategy is clearly more focused on trying to hurt Amber's credibility. That's why they got the psychologist in, the TMZ stuff, Kate Moss, etc. Not necessarily central to abuse but important enough to make the jury question whether Amber's argument is strong enough to award her 100M.

9 minutes ago, brazil said:

I still can’t understand how it’s almost unanimous amongst verifiable legal professionals in the country this case is being tried that Amber is lying and setting back victims of DV and SA, yet the claimed professionals on this site, and this site alone, see things totally different. 

The echo chamber in here is getting loud, let me get myself and @Trent W back to the real world where the notorious pathological liar is dragged for filth and not defended merely over SJW'd ideals!

Plwk9WY.gif

27 minutes ago, Trent W said:

This is probably the only place I see some people defending Amber :skull:

She has some some strong support in other online spaces like this one, such as Oh No They Didn't and r/Deuxmoi from what I've seen, so it's not just an ATRL thing. The general public is basically unanimously siding with him though, no doubt about it. The trial has reached an insane level of public scrutiny too, so really everyone has an opinion on it and in real life I've been hearing nothing but praise for him unfortunately.

17 minutes ago, brazil said:

Herd mentality and sexism against strong beautiful woman usually go hand in hand

I can’t even imagine what the reaction to the verdict will be since it’s obvious he won’t win while the people who only follow through tiktok think his win is guaranteed ?

1 minute ago, Redstreak said:

I can’t even imagine what the reaction to the verdict will be since it’s obvious he won’t win while the people who only follow through tiktok think his win is guaranteed ?

Some people don't even know this is a civil case and NO ONE is going to jail. That's how woefully ill-informed most people are.

Depp has rested their case and now Heard is back up with rebuttal for the counterclaim. They have just an hour today to make their point. :rip:  Rumors were Amber will be taking the stand again, but we will see. 

9 minutes ago, Ari29 said:

I still can’t understand how it’s almost unanimous amongst verifiable legal professionals in the country this case is being tried that Amber is lying and setting back victims of DV and SA, yet the claimed professionals on this site, and this site alone, see things totally different. 

Really? Legal professionals claiming she's lying?? Sorry, but no reputable legal professional would make public statements saying someone who is a part in a trial theyre not even part in is lying 

15 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

Anyone know who will be doing closing arguments? 

Plaintiff has just rested their rebuttal, so now the counterclaimant (Amber) will have a chance to present their rebuttal. Closing arguments will be tomorrow morning and each side will have 2 hours to present them.

EDIT: As to whom will do them? Rottenborn and Vasquez/Chew probably. I couldn't find any reliable information though.

Edited by NausAllien

No matter the outcome Amber loses. If Johnny wins the world will celebrate, if Amber wins, the world will tear her apart. She will literally be the most hated woman so tbh it’s not really gonna go her way regardless 

1 minute ago, NausAllien said:

Plaintiff has just rested their rebuttal, so now the counterclaimant (Amber) will have a chance to present their rebuttal. Closing arguments will be tomorrow morning and each side will have 2 hours to present them.

I know. I was asking which lawyers will be doing the closing. 

Just now, FameFatale said:

I know. I was asking which lawyers will be doing the closing. 

I just edited the comment and said I'm not sure, but Rottenborn and Chew or Vasquez are safe bets.

15 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

The echo chamber in here is getting loud, let me get myself and @Trent W back to the real world where the notorious pathological liar is dragged for filth and not defended merely over SJW'd ideals!

Plwk9WY.gif

bbbBut sHe’s a wOman wE Must bELiEve heR

Plwk9WY.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.