Johnny Depp vs. Amber Heard Trial

Coma Baby
Bloo
Message added by Bloo,

Mentioning @ATRL Feedback or @ATRL Administration does nothing. No staff member sees those notifications. If there is a member that is breaking ATRL rules, please report them and provide any additional context you think would better inform how we should judge it.

12 minutes ago, CovalentBondage said:

She mocked him and called him a baby because of the way she hit him. But it's not how it works right:bibliahh:

AH called him  "a baby" vs JD texted "Let's burn Amber!!! Let's drown her before we burn her!!! I will f*** her burnt corpse afterwards to make sure she is dead."

Maybe there is something wrong with AH's personality, she's not perfect.

but any person can see who is the one with violent tendencies and antisocial personality.

Edited by drsouchan

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NausAllien

• suburbannature

• Patient Zero

• Mobility Mary

10 hours ago, suburbannature said:

The straight-up denial from these Deppsters is scary :deadbanana2:

It is!!!!! It's really truly bizarre the way this whole trial happened and the way social media played on this. 99% of these "Deppminions" don't even really pay attention to the trial. They just read/see tweets and tiktoks out of context and think they know it all

Even though people are realizing that maybe the tiktok compilations and neatly edited youtube videos weren’t all there was to it, her career is still damaged and I don’t think she’ll be able to recover from this. Just that one behind the scenes video, flooded with thousands of comments calling her an abuser.

Either way, like he said he would a few years ago, he pretty much ended her career. No one would hire her for a role, in fear of backlash. :deadbanana2:

Those ppl who accusing Amber and James Franco of having an affair obviously have no life experience.

AH had just been domestically abused by JD on June 21, and it was an all-too-common occurrence to have a friend with her the next day (June 22).
Some people may not have been beaten and do not know the pain of fear and insecurity that follows abuse.

I’m so ready for this to end and Depp to get defeated in court, she can still book the ocasional DWTS or whatever reality show here and there and living with the money that she will get, and also if Woody Allen and Alec Baldwin have work she for sure will find something.

7 hours ago, Patient Zero said:

The thing that disturbs me the most is the power difference between the two.

When Depp can even influence a big movie executive into lying, what more can he achieve with his power?

I mean, he has enough money to hire professionals on the spot to dismiss other experts. With his money he can find the best of the best. We've seen this during this trial. His team has been very strong and professional.

Amber could never compete with this.

I'm glad you're slowly discovering what domestic abuse looks like.

8 hours ago, drsouchan said:

Nice try, but it's conceptual shift.

When a male abuses you multiple times and you hit back once.
This can not be called "getting even".

I don't even believe her claim that "she hit him to protect her sister" thing, she obviously tried to make her behavior more pathetic for jury.

But I am strongly opposed to equating the resistance of the abused with the abuser.

How can you say hit back “once” when she has admitted to hitting him twice…once on the stairwell allegedly to protect her sister and then the bathroom where she minimizes the violence, which her own expert testified abusers do, she just committed against him (I didn’t punch you, I hit you). She also did this further by first acknowledging she hit him in the head with the bathroom door, apologizing then a split second later saying she didn’t do it at all. 

Her own expert basically laid out all the reasons why Amber was more than likely the perpetrator of IPV in this relationship. She checked every box 

I do feel bad for Amber, there's no way she's recovering from this. But then again why would her team bring in the absolute worse experts, like that unhinged dr from yesterday who diagnosed johnny without ever meeting him, as did her own psychologist. She literally had the easiest win, its a defamation case and she was starting with the upper hand. 

1 hour ago, brraap said:

I do feel bad for Amber, there's no way she's recovering from this. But then again why would her team bring in the absolute worse experts, like that unhinged dr from yesterday who diagnosed johnny without ever meeting him, as did her own psychologist. She literally had the easiest win, its a defamation case and she was starting with the upper hand. 

She has already spent $6 million on the trial, and JD has enough money to hire best lawyers & best team.
She is just lose in the financial fight.

Edited by drsouchan

Depp's team dropped the ball on Howell's testimony, by not being able to get into evidence her recount of what Whitney told her: that she feared her sister, that Amber assaulted Depp, & that she dealt with her sisters abuse her entire life.

That testimony was like their smoking gun. They managed to get in that "Whitney was covering for her sister", but that's not much without the added context for the jury. They've been sitting on it for 2 years too.

giphy-8.gif

9 hours ago, CovalentBondage said:

She mocked him and called him a baby because of the way she hit him. But it's not how it works right:bibliahh:

If someone was beating me and then I hit back, I’d probably mock them also if they suddenly wanted to play victim 

57 minutes ago, FOCK said:

That testimony was like their smoking gun. They managed to get in that "Whitney was covering for her sister", but that's not much without the added context for the jury. They've been sitting on it for 2 years too.

That testimony was 99% hearsay. Howell didn't witness ANY of the events herself, so her testimony is as good as the notes from Amber's therapists, which describe in detail the abuse Amber TOLD them she suffered at the hands of Depp, but those notes were rejected because they're based on hearsay. The only witnesses that can use hearsay in their testimony are expert witnesses, like Dr. Hughes (who referenced those notes).

Howell has ZERO proof that Whitney told her what she claims she told her. If there was a recording, that could have been introduced when Whitney was being cross-examined, but without proof there was no way a judge would allow Howell's letter and testimony to be presented to the jury. Hearsay is usually considered prejudicial rather than probative (it doesn't prove anything, it just muddies the water).

Edited by NausAllien

1 hour ago, Redstreak said:

If someone was beating me and then I hit back, I’d probably mock them also if they suddenly wanted to play victim 

A. That's not what you do in a context where you fear for your life.

B. We only have one example of a party attempting to disengage or remove themselves from a heated situation - and it's not Amber. 

Amber: "You always run away from every single fight. I need you to stay and fight, I want you to stay and fight."

Amber: "I didn't punch you, I was hitting you."

Amber: "I did start a physical fight."

Quite interesting that a "consistent abuser" would have no issue welcoming their alleged "victim" to surround herself with a rotating roster of friends (who all have seemingly broken ties with her), live next door to them in his penthouses rent free and even offer them master keys. 

stare-watching.gif

Edited by FOCK

9 hours ago, drsouchan said:

AH called him  "a baby" vs JD texted "Let's burn Amber!!! Let's drown her before we burn her!!! I will f*** her burnt corpse afterwards to make sure she is dead."

Maybe there is something wrong with AH's personality, she's not perfect.

but any person can see who is the one with violent tendencies and antisocial personality.

Those Depp texts are psychotic but it’s no worse than what any gamer says nowadays. The standard line on video games is “go kill youself” :rip: 

Idk taking some obviously exaggerated texts and running with it like Depp actually planned on doing it doesn’t really support your case. Everyone can tell he’s exaggerating.

58 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

If you mocked someone you feared was going to KILL you, as Amber has said, then you have mighty balls is steel. Which I doubt. 

I don’t think this should be difficult. Johnny clearly has had substance abuse issues and it has affected his career, but Ambers team has ****** up SO much and the arguments even her supporters are using hold no grounds.

Stop making excuses for her abuse. That’s why the media is so in favor of Johnny. If it’s not ok for him to do, it’s not ok for her.

If you shoot my mother, and then i shoot yours, no. I can’t go to court and say I did it because you did. That’s not how it works like you guys are arguing. I’d still go to prison too. 

Edited by Gaia

4 hours ago, BobBertran1992 said:

I'm glad you're slowly discovering what domestic abuse looks like.

I was talking more about the financial and influential part, during trial. Depp has way more money than Heard, and he has way more connections to the industry.

I don't think Amber could ever get a big movie studio excecutive to lie for her, for instance.

Edited by Patient Zero

12 minutes ago, Gaia said:

Those Depp texts are psychotic but it’s no worse than what any gamer says nowadays. The standard line on video games is “go kill youself” :rip: 

Idk taking some obviously exaggerated texts and running with it like Depp actually planned on doing it doesn’t really support your case. Everyone can tell he’s exaggerating.

I think its little bit different, when a person says it in game to some random player they will never meet than when you say it about a person you are/were married to:deadbanana4:

11 minutes ago, Gaia said:

Basically you're saying that because there are many male gamers who are verbally violent, so we should pull down the standard of violent.
I can't believe.

That's why our society is going backwards.

First violent thoughts, then violent words, and finally physical violence, that's how all violence is created!!!

1 minute ago, Patient Zero said:

I was talking more about the financial and influential part. Depp has way more money than Heard, and he has way more connections to the industry.

I don't think Amber could ever get a big movie studio excecutive to lie for her, for instance.

"A big movie studio executive" is also less likely to willingly lie or put themselves in a position where they could be proven as committing perjury in a court of law. 

16 minutes ago, Gaia said:

The fact you're NORMALIZING horrific text messages that talk about drowning, burning and r*ping their spouse says a lot about the kind of person you are. 

EDIT: It also wasn't a one time thing. He talked about wanting to see her rotting corpse in the trunk of a Honda Civic. You truly think this is not disturbing behavior and the sign of him being an awful person.

And here he talks about the "gift of breath" taken from her, and describes her in VERY misogynistic terms:

FSoMdCgWUAEa2ib.png

Edited by NausAllien

2 minutes ago, FOCK said:

"A big movie studio executive" is also less likely to willingly lie or put themselves in a position where they could be proven as committing perjury in a court of law. 

I'm sorry but I think he was talking ****.

In the end he could use his " hollywood edit magic" for the behind the scenes footage, but I'm not falling for that.

Just now, bjorn said:

When is Kate Moss taking a stand?

It should be today!

Can't wait to see more Amber lies being exposed. :celestial2:

1 minute ago, Patient Zero said:

Can't wait to see more Amber lies being exposed. 

What would be those lies exactly? Amber never said Kate was pushed down a flight of stairs, she said she heard about it. That's literally the only relevancy Kate's testimony has here.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.