Johnny Depp vs. Amber Heard Trial

Coma Baby
Bloo
Message added by Bloo,

Mentioning @ATRL Feedback or @ATRL Administration does nothing. No staff member sees those notifications. If there is a member that is breaking ATRL rules, please report them and provide any additional context you think would better inform how we should judge it.

26 minutes ago, Buffy said:

She speaks to the jury when they aren’t even the ones asking her questions.

It just goes to show you know NOTHING about how trials work. It doesn't matter who's asking the questions, the only listener that matter is the jury.

In fact:

Former U.S. Attorney Neama Rahmani emphasized that the jury is the witnesses "audience" and should be the focus.

"Experienced witnesses are trained to look at the jury when they answer questions. That’s why you see expert witnesses like Dr. Curry and Dr. Hughes doing this," he told Fox News Digital. "The jury is your audience, not the lawyers asking the questions or others inside or outside the courtroom."

"The only opinions that matter are those of the seven jurors and four alternates,"

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NausAllien

• suburbannature

• Patient Zero

• Mobility Mary

9 minutes ago, NausAllien said:

He'll probably seek an appeal to a higher court, but it won't go far unless he has very good reasons to overturn the verdict.

He also won't be able to EVER sue her again for libel if she speaks as a "survivor of domestic abuse" as there's a principle in law that prevents relitigation of an action already decided. So if he loses the case, Amber can virtually go crazy and start publishing dozens of articles talking about her being a survivor of DV and there's NOTHING he can do to stop her.

Do you think the reasoning in your second paragraph could link to why Amber decided to claim abuse first after asking if it made a difference? I’m sure that’s been mentioned in the trial. 

Either way, it’s interesting thanks! 

edit - just had a quick google! It was about the restraining orders I believe so I doubt it would’ve played a part in her decision. 

Edited by MARTYN

43 minutes ago, Pop said:

I see so many people siding with Johnny based on how Amber LOOKS. :biblio:

Just because she doesn't have puppy eyes and soft facial features it doesn't mean she's evil. Ugh, this misogynist idea of "the perfect victim". 

That's disingenuous.

"look" has a thousand meanings — it's an expressive word in the English language with many contexts. In this context by "looks" people mean "mannerisms" or what professionals would call "non verbal communication".

It has nothing to do with physical features or beauty or ugliness or fashion sense or anything like that so you are only showing your kindergarten level competency of the language if you think that's the only thing it means.

But even apart from the case we do have the right to criticize her appearance — her attempts to dress like a cross between a nun and the North Korean dictator or a James Bond villain.

5 minutes ago, Raiden said:

That's disingenuous.

"look" has a thousand meanings — it's an expressive word in the English language with many contexts. In this context by "looks" people mean "mannerisms" or what professionals would call "non verbal communication".

It has nothing to do with physical features or beauty or ugliness or fashion sense or anything like that so you are only showing your kindergarten level competency of the language if you think that's the only thing it means.

But even apart from the case we do have the right to criticize her appearance — her attempts to dress like a cross between a nun and the North Korean dictator or a James Bond villain.

“Looks as in appearance is such a kindergarten way of interpreting that but also that’s the only thing I will have specifically criticized at the end of my post”

her mannerisms also have nothing to do with anything. Depp has snickered during descriptions of abuse and y’all have the nerve to talk about mannerisms lol 

Edited by Redstreak

1 minute ago, Redstreak said:

“Looks as in appearance is such a kindergarten way of interpreting that but also that’s the only thing I will have specifically criticized at the end of my post”

her mannerisms also have nothing to do with anything. Depp has laughed during descriptions of abuse and y’all have the nerve to talk about mannerisms lol 

I wouldn't dress like Depp either. He should have cut that ponytail — should have made himself more femme boy or something. Manipulate the jury by looking as puppy as possible. But Johnny is Johnny. Hippie for life.

This cross-examination is a train wreck. It's pretty obvious Depp's lawyer doesn't understand anything the expert did or said.

The truth of the matter, and what Depp's lawyer can't dispute, is that there was a direct correlation between the number of Tweets using hashtags against Amber and in favor of Depp and the days in which the articles containing Waldman's leaked audios (which caused him to be kicked off the case) and negative statements were published. This will help Amber's counterclaim.

1 hour ago, NausAllien said:

It just goes to show you know NOTHING about how trials work. It doesn't matter who's asking the questions, the only listener that matter is the jury.

In fact:

Millions are watching and listening to her bad acting. The poor jury has to be in person and sit through all that. :keir:

Ambers team are doing well at laying down a foundation for Johnny defaming her. Kinda shook 

25 minutes ago, Raiden said:

That's disingenuous.

and Jonny dresses like a scary clown from American Horror Story: Circus 

but I guess a man can look any way he likes without it being something he will be judged for huh 

3 minutes ago, MARTYN said:

Ambers team are doing well at laying down a foundation for Johnny defaming her. Kinda shook 

Hope she sues back :sistrens:

Jonny is going to JAIL 

5 minutes ago, Pop said:

Hope she sues back :sistrens:

Jonny is going to JAIL 

She's already countersued. That's what this expert witness is here to establish, after Waldmann confessed to leaking the tapes, leaking information to the press, and leaking information to prominent pro-Depp Twitter accounts.

Waldmann was in fact kicked out of the case (and removed courtroom authority) because it was discovered he had leaked confidential information and evidence to the press, violating a very explicit protective order.

EDIT: But since this is a civil case, there's no chance either of them will go to jail.

Edited by NausAllien

2 hours ago, Redstreak said:

No it but it should exclude her from dealing with misogyny, something you’ve been peddling since post 1 in the thread. I mean **** dude when every anti-Amber post in here is just “she looks evil, she looks like a liar, she has bad vibes” like it’s just absolutely no different then some 1600’s puritan loon talking about how he can just tell that someone’s a witch

I just view this whole trial from my perspective. She does seem crazy to me. And it's not because she's a woman.

The problem with Amber supporters is that they only defend her because she's woman. And that's bad too.

32 minutes ago, Patient Zero said:

I just view this whole trial from my perspective. She does seem crazy to me. And it's not because she's a woman.

The problem with Amber supporters is that they only defend her because she's woman. And that's bad too.

I’ve defended plenty of men who have dealt with abuse. My current boyfriend is an abuse survivor from his ex-wife. The problem is just as you say though, all you’re basing very heinous statements on are “perspective.” If her seeming crazy has nothing to do with misogyny then why is that all that’s being said about her and nothing else, there’s no qualifiers, there’s no reasons why except “vibes.”

we have texts where Depp has said he cut his own finger, there was discussion of him wanting to rape her burned body, videos of him screaming and punching cabinets, yet day in and day out we have to hear about how she “looks crazy”

4 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

I’ve defended plenty of men who have dealt with abuse. My current boyfriend is an abuse survivor from his ex-wife. The problem is just as you say though, all you’re basing very heinous statements on are “perspective.” If her seeming crazy has nothing to do with misogyny then why is that all that’s being said about her and nothing else, there’s no qualifiers, there’s no reasons why except “vibes.”

we have texts where Depp has said he cut his own finger, there was discussion of him wanting to rape her burned body, videos of him screaming and punching cabinets, yet day in and day out we have to hear about how she “looks crazy”

It's her sanctimonious attitude and act that makes me not trust or like her. They're both assholes coming from a very toxic relationship. But she wants to make it look as if she's the only victim here.

She isn't.

People only defending her because she's a woman irk me. You won't get a pass from me only because you're  woman. A psycho is a psycho. In the audio recordings she does sound like a psycho. And not a little bit.

1 minute ago, Patient Zero said:

It's her sanctimonious attitude and act that makes me not trust or like her. They're both assholes coming from a very toxic relationship. But she wants to make it look as if she's the only victim here.

She isn't.

People only defending her because she's a woman irk me. You won't get a pass from me only because you're  woman. A psycho is a psycho. In the audio recordings she does sound like a psycho. And not a little bit.

You literally cannot make a post without doing some kind of blatant misogyny, it’s wild. Second she’s already admitted to hitting him in self defense while he’s admitted to not a single thing but here’s patient zero to talk about how only Amber sees herself as innocent 

The misogyny card again...:biblionny:

ATRL became twitter it seems

ATRL also seems the only place falling for Amber's antics.

Edited by Patient Zero

1 hour ago, James_Dean said:

Lolz

This ignores that such events were shown to the jury as occurring solely because Johnny's former lawyer illegally leaked manipulated audio from evidence files, so much so that he wad kicked off the case. It's directly framed that Depp and his team don't mind breaking the law and disrespecting the court to try and make this more of a mission on harming Amber. 

21 minutes ago, Patient Zero said:

ATRL became twitter it seems

ATRL also seems the only place falling for Amber's antics.

You’re continuously posting misogynistic dogwhistles :deadbanana4:

“Sanctimonious attitude and act” about testifying about abuse, are you serious? :deadbanana4:

4 minutes ago, Headlock said:

You’re continuously posting misogynistic dogwhistles :deadbanana4:

“Sanctimonious attitude and act” about testifying about abuse, are you serious? :deadbanana4:

How many times has she been caught lying? I'm not saying she lied about her abuse. But when people lie a lot, they tend to lie about many things.

Nice try though. :celestial2:

Edited by Patient Zero

26 minutes ago, Patient Zero said:

Don’t be one then ❤️

48 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

You literally cannot make a post without doing some kind of blatant misogyny, it’s wild. Second she’s already admitted to hitting him in self defense while he’s admitted to not a single thing but here’s patient zero to talk about how only Amber sees herself as innocent 

No she admitted to hitting him AND initiating that particular back and forth.

Basically Amber wants to gaslight us — she wants to say "whatever I did doesn't count as violence — I either didn't do it or if I did (if you guys busted me with evidence after I lied a million times) then it still shouldn't count as violence and aggression, because whatever I did was harmless to him but whatever he did was dangerous to me and should count as classic textbook domestic violence because he's the big bad wolf and I am a victim so hear me roar.

Edited by Raiden

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.