Johnny Depp vs. Amber Heard Trial

Coma Baby
Bloo
Message added by Bloo,

Mentioning @ATRL Feedback or @ATRL Administration does nothing. No staff member sees those notifications. If there is a member that is breaking ATRL rules, please report them and provide any additional context you think would better inform how we should judge it.

4 minutes ago, for lovers said:

It's worrying for Amber though because she has to pay millions but is probably not going to get any work since studios etc won't want to work with a convicted abuser? 

I think it's over for her. Warner/DC Films have no choice but to cut her completely from Aquaman 2, I just cannot see how they would keep her scenes in the film at this point. The public, especially DC fans will bury A2 if they don't. 

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NausAllien

• suburbannature

• Patient Zero

• Mobility Mary

2 minutes ago, Raiden said:

Feminism didn't lose.

toxic white feminism lost.

It's beyond the level of critical thinking of ATRLers but not all feminism is equal.

There is a toxic variety called "white feminism" by its academic critics. You recognize it instantly as it claims women like AH can't be anything other than innocent damsels in distress. It's a very anti-facts and anti-evidence, malignant and dangerous ideology. It puts real lives, especially black lives in America, in jeopardy.

White feminism between two parties that are white? :deadbanana4: Who is Amber weaponizijg her whiteness against, her racist ex-husband who hates Native Americans? :deadbanana4:

12 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

ATRL was never a safe space for women or female artists, its built on tearing down women and being on a moral high ground when it's only your fav - it was made for gay men to make down right misogynistic comments but get away with it because their 'allies' to women:heart:

I mean, this is true, and I say this as an user who's been here for a while, so I've been guilty of this as well. 

Now we know some gays just want to hear women sing and dance.

1 minute ago, Communion said:

White feminism between two parties that are white? :deadbanana4: Who is Amber weaponizijg her whiteness against, her racist ex-husband who hates Native Americans? :deadbanana4:

Like they predicted, the point they’re making is beyond your scope. But I know exactly what they mean. 

"No but this case won't settle back #MeToo nor abused women, no not at all"

1 minute ago, bidet said:

Amber cult members love preaching about freedom of speech but don't allow anyone to say anything about her

absolute losers, just like their fave 

Amber just lost a trial for writing an article that doesn't name anyone :rip: Don't come here with that crap now :rip: 

19 minutes ago, conquxror said:

Exactly. It was SO weird. I didn’t even searched about this case at all and somehow the algorithm would SHOVE medias against Amber down my throat. I couldn’t even scroll through Tiktok without being bombarded with videos degrading her. This is all VERY suspicious to me. 

That’s because right-wing sources paid for anti-AH material to be promoted over social media so they could have a case to fall back on when they get sued by the women they abuse x

12 minutes ago, BobBertran1992 said:

I mean Amber has been getting more hate than Kevin Spacey, Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein, Jeffrey Epstein, etc for last weeks.....so its not shocking :mazen: 

1 minute ago, simon_xcx said:

literally no one ever said this

I have receipts for you queen :alexz2:

xn5z588yc2391.jpg

:clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3:

7 minutes ago, Raiden said:

Feminism didn't lose.

toxic white feminism lost.

It's beyond the level of critical thinking of ATRLers but not all feminism is equal.

There is a toxic variety called "white feminism" by its academic critics. You recognize it instantly as it claims women like AH can't be anything other than innocent damsels in distress. It's a very anti-facts and anti-evidence, malignant and dangerous ideology. It puts real lives, especially black lives in America, in jeopardy.

The fact that you think this won't affect WoC is the most ''white'' thing there is :rip: 

1 minute ago, kawk said:

I have receipts for you queen :alexz2:

xn5z588yc2391.jpg

:clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3:

This says more about that dark state of the world than anything... 

Just now, BobBertran1992 said:

The fact that you think this won't affect WoC is the most ''white'' thing there is :rip: 

Exactly. :deadbanana2:

Just now, BobBertran1992 said:

Tweted by a woman at that like :toofunny3:

Heard supporters asking for everyone who doesn’t support her to be ZTP :deadbanana4:

Just read some of the earlier responses....

the Amber cult still doesn't get it and need to chilll downEEE

When did the #metoo movement become about allowing narcissistic, abusive grifters to torment their ex-partners?

Amber Heard being a woman and losing isn’t a setback for women victims of domestic violence. Continuing to Champion her as a face of the movement, despite her obviously being violent, abusive and a LIAR, is what threatens to be the setback.

:sorry:

Edited by Patient Zero

JUSTICE WAS SERVED.  :clap: :clap3:

Be very careful about getting involved with anyone who has BPD. I recently had to cut ties with one and they were so toxic and troubled. That's all I'm going to say about that. Lessons were learned here.

3 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

I mean Amber has been getting more hate than Kevin Spacey, Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein, Jeffrey Epstein, etc for last weeks.....so its not shocking :mazen: 

Exactly, but it isn't shocking... It speaks to how our culture hates women speaking up... It's as if someone wrote an op-ed in 2018 talking about this... Mmm...

2 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

Tweted by a woman at that like :toofunny3:

I had forgotten... 

But ''wHiTe FeMINiSMmm''.

Just now, Ari29 said:

Like they predicted, the point they’re making is beyond your scope. But I know exactly what they mean. 

It's not beyond my point of scope- it's nonsensical jargon being masked as someone having a point. You're using "white feminism" because hearing the term feels persuasive despite it making no actual sense within the post it's being used. White feminism is when women weaponize their whiteness in conjuction with their womanhood - how is a white woman weaponizing her whiteness against a white man found to have committed physical acts of violence against her. 

You can just say "I hate whiny ******* and I'm glad a whiny ***** lost. King ****!'  You don't have to wrap your views in faux-intellectualism to hide your main drive being misogyny. Just own it. Misogyny clearly gets you far - look at Johnny. :skull:

Peopoe who dislike white feminism don't celebrate a powerful white man using tricks to get a woman he beat to owe him damages because she used the term domestic violence and his team convinced the jury that was a loaded term that did not describe the physical altercations he often started between them. :skull:

1 minute ago, Patient Zero said:

When did the #metoo movement become about allowing narcissistic, abusive grifters to torment their ex-partners?

Because the initial core message always gets taken advantage of by grifters who use it for their personal gain. See BLM. All your white tears donations went straight to mansions in Calabasas. :lmao:

And the people here defending Amber are only doing so because she's a woman. They don't even care about all of the things that led the jury to side with Johnny today. :lmao:

A huge congratulations, Johnny Depp! You told the world your story that you have waited so long to tell! You have been vindicated from a sociopathic monster, and it is what you deserve. I know exactly what it’s like to be abused as I have gone through it, and as a woman, I believed you from the start and never sided with that beast just because she’s a female. Men get abused as well, and it should never be written off just because they are men. You have been an inspiration to millions of domestic violence victims that are male, and you did a great justice. Amber Heard is an abusive, sociopathic, monster who honestly should be in prison. She physically, emotionally and verbally abused a man, and then turned around and ruined his life and career. Humiliated his children. 

I am so proud, and she owes Depp every penny of that $15 million. Amber Heard supporters are an absolute disgrace, and even with all of the overwhelming evidence against her, they are still siding and defending Heard. It is a disgusting, and disturbing display and I find them just as sick as the woman they are still batting for. Congrats, Johnny. You have been given your name back. You won on all three counts! Those of us with sense believe you!  A defamation case!

20 minutes ago, Communion said:

They said that Amber acted untruthful when calling herself a victim of domestic violence and that Depp's lawyers acted untruthful on his behalf when lying to the press about police being called on Amber in some past incident. 

Which shows the drastic difference in results. 

Depp has to pay damages because his lawyer claimed a specific action happened and it didn't. 

The jury believes Herd is at fault for damages because they're not sure they believe she constitutes an abstract definition of what makes someone a survivor of domestic violence. 

im confused how did he win the case if they both lost?

I don't even know if my previous post is in here somewhere since the server was crashing...but in case it isn't I just wanna say that this is a great day for all men that are victims of domestic abuse.

Such a high profile case as this one was needed to open the conversation a little bit and hopefully give them the courage and hope to come forward with their stories. 

Women aren't always victims and today Amber was proven wrong: being a man doesn't mean no one will believe you in cases like this. Karma did get to her.

Also to the people saying no one likes women... everyone was on her side back then. Only once multiple tapes leaked did the conversation started to change, let's not forget that.

The way some of y’all are acting like this trial cleared Depp’s name as far as abuse is concerned… This trial WASNT about abuse at all. It’s about the fact that she  is also a shitty person who lied. This isn’t going to set #metoo back and it’s not going to be the end for women in cases of abuse. 

Both of them are disgusting but I’m honestly surprised he won. It definitely painted her in a horrible light, but he also came off looking horribly here and still somehow wom. I’m actually surprised. I don’t feel bad for her and I hope he donates the money or something

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.