Johnny Depp vs. Amber Heard Trial

Coma Baby
Bloo
Message added by Bloo,

Mentioning @ATRL Feedback or @ATRL Administration does nothing. No staff member sees those notifications. If there is a member that is breaking ATRL rules, please report them and provide any additional context you think would better inform how we should judge it.

16 minutes ago, montyb said:

I still don't get how the jury found in both their favour? Can anyone explain? Is it a case of worms?

They said that Amber acted untruthful when calling herself a victim of domestic violence and that Depp's lawyers acted untruthful on his behalf when lying to the press about police being called on Amber in some past incident. 

Which shows the drastic difference in results. 

Depp has to pay damages because his lawyer claimed a specific action happened and it didn't. 

The jury believes Herd is at fault for damages because they're not sure they believe she constitutes an abstract definition of what makes someone a survivor of domestic violence. 

Edited by Communion

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NausAllien

• suburbannature

• Patient Zero

• Mobility Mary

3 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

gentle reminder that this case was NOT about abuse and that Johnny Depp was found guilt of abuse on multiple counts already <3 

Yup! But Johnny is still a poor widdle victim  :( 

3 minutes ago, Trent W said:

#BelieveAllWomen is being BURNED on twitter

Wait until you learn how many cases of IPV end in the victim winning. 

2 minutes ago, for lovers said:

It's worrying for Amber though because she has to pay millions but is probably not going to get any work since studios etc won't want to work with a convicted abuser? 

king Elon Musk will come through :giraffe:

I avoided most of the case but these tweets are jarring. 

DV cases are horrible to follow and kinda triggering. 

7 minutes ago, montyb said:

I still don't get how the jury found in both their favour? Can anyone explain? Is it a case of worms?

It's because of the stipulation with a suit and countersuit. I'm not a lawyer, but the jury found they were both defamed. 

Someone else can unpack the amount differences that likely track to the severity of the defamation (according to the jury). 

"It wasn't just a case of, 'We like Johnny Depp, we don't like Amber Heard,'" she said, noting that Depp won on all three statements in his suit and Heard won on one of the three in her counterclaim.

Amber Heard was found liable for defaming Johnny Depp in an op-ed published in the Washington Post, and Depp was found liable for a statement his attorney made to the Daily Mail calling her claims a hoax, a jury decided Wednesday. Jurors awarded Depp a total of $15 million in damages and Heard $2 million. X

Johnny Depp is still a disgusting abuser even though he won this case. There is a place in hell for men like him and his Jack Sparrow followers:heart2:

Just now, Young Volcanoes said:

king Elon Musk will come through :giraffe:

Elon is the type that would side with Depp, not her. What? :skull: 

1 minute ago, for lovers said:

It's worrying for Amber though because she has to pay millions but is probably not going to get any work since studios etc won't want to work with a convicted abuser? 

I mean, Chris Brown is still working...

Finally this circus is over. God knows why this whole trial was broadcasted and so lightly treated.

5 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

ATRL was never a safe space for women or female artists, its built on tearing down women and being on a moral high ground when it's only your fav - it was made for gay men to make down right misogynistic comments but get away with it because their 'allies' to women:heart:

SAY! IT!

7 minutes ago, Patient Zero said:

If that one was correct, then this one is too. :sorry:

So then what are you eactly celebrating? This trial doesn't mean Depp isn't a wife beater

And don't give me the both are awful while sporting that avi

Edited by Cloudy

The Fox News anchor is right.. :rip:

:deadvision:

Nobody would ever believe someone like her. Just look at her. She wasn’t even a good actress in court.

3 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Elon is the type that would side with Depp, not her. What? :skull: 

he literally dated her? :bibliahh:

1 minute ago, Cloudy said:

So then what are you eactly celebrating? This trial doesn't mean Depp isn't a wife beater

And don't get me the both are awful while sporting that avi

What's wrong with my avatar?

amber.thumb.jpg.379c2a7814a4e4236cee4bea

3 minutes ago, Trent W said:

I’m shocked by the responses here, like you don’t have the brain capacity or critical skills to see think that a woman can be a psychopath?

It’s extremely irresponsible to say “fEmInIsm lOst” because this woman was exposed as a manipulative liar.

This is not even about Depp wining, is about both genders being equally accountable.

Women like Amber should be punished for their manipulative lies.

Feminism didn't lose.

toxic white feminism lost.

It's beyond the level of critical thinking of ATRLers but not all feminism is equal.

There is a toxic variety called "white feminism" by its academic critics. You recognize it instantly as it claims women like AH can't be anything other than innocent damsels in distress. It's a very anti-facts and anti-evidence, malignant and dangerous ideology. It puts real lives, especially black lives in America, in jeopardy.

I was hoping Amber would win it, but obv that piece of trash with millions of fanatics all over the world fooled them all. Hope Amber can pull through.

Just now, OnlyManInTheWorld said:

Nobody would ever believe someone like her. Just look at her. She wasn’t even a good actress in court.

"She was wearing a mini skirt, she was asking for it" teas

13 minutes ago, Desire said:

I think the **** not sis. Don't try and come for me :biblio:

I'm happy that Depp won only because Heard is a pathological LIAR. This case never should have seen light of day because now actual victims will terrified to go to the stand. One thing I can't stand is a liar and because of HER cases like this will be harder to win for actual victims 

It's not because of THIS case. It's because of misogyny. 

5 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

ATRL was never a safe space for women or female artists, its built on tearing down women and being on a moral high ground when it's only your fav - it was made for gay men to make down right misogynistic comments but get away with it because their 'allies' to women:heart:

SAY! IT!

33 minutes ago, kawk said:

hopefully this opens their eyes that men can also be victims of domestic abuse. 

literally no one ever said this

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.