Johnny Depp vs. Amber Heard Trial

Coma Baby
Bloo
Message added by Bloo,

Mentioning @ATRL Feedback or @ATRL Administration does nothing. No staff member sees those notifications. If there is a member that is breaking ATRL rules, please report them and provide any additional context you think would better inform how we should judge it.

2 hours ago, LP54 said:

Exactly.

If this case was truly about defamation, he would have came for the publication.

It is 100% about clearing his name. And for that it is a win. He even said it on the stand!!!

Imagine trying to have this attitude about any random couple off the street where the man viciously beat his wife, and explaining to their child that their father actually won because he proved to their friends he did nothing wrong. :skull:

The total lack of sympathy for domestic violence survivors enduring Depp turning IPV into a PR campaign. :deadbanana4:

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NausAllien

• suburbannature

• Patient Zero

• Mobility Mary

36 minutes ago, brraap said:

How do you know this about the jurors just asking 

Also having 5 male to 2 women isn’t very fair in my opinion 

I read a lot about juror reactions from tweets from people in the gallery.

That juror (#2) was dismissed today as well.

5 hours ago, suburbannature said:

Juror #2 laughed at Depp's inappropriate jokes directed at Rottenborn and smiled often at him. I wonder how objective he'll be. :rip: 

Where can I see this?

35 minutes ago, Raw Honey said:

Where can I see this?

This lady has been reporting on the jurors and their reactions throughout the trial:

King Camille : You may have notices that no one showed up for Ms Heard , except for her sister 

Elaine : *Looks back and scans the court*

King : every other witness that travelled to Virginia was a paid expert . This is a woman that burns bridges. Her close friends didn't show up for her 

Camille is a SHARK :flame:

6 minutes ago, TouchinFree said:

King Camille : You may have notices that no one showed up for Ms Heard , except for her sister 

Elaine : *Looks back and scans the court*

King : every other witness that travelled to Virginia was a paid expert . This is a woman that burns bridges. Her close friends didn't show up for her 

Camille is a SHARK :flame:

How is who showed up for who of any relevance to their case? That was just an unnecessary low blow and a deflective tactic used to make them dislike Amber, which has been  Camille’s main angle since she doesn’t have much else to work with. 

Edited by Weld_E

2 minutes ago, Weld_E said:

How is who showed up for who of any relevance to their case? That was just an unnecessary low blow and a deflective tactic used to make them dislike Amber, which again, has nothing to do with whether Depp abused her or not… 

Yeah, it gives petty and  completely irrelevant under the great scheme of things, Amber's friends probably have to work, while Depp's witness work for him, so it was pretty much their job to be there :deadbanana4:

How is who showed up for who of any relevance to their case? That was just an unnecessary low blow and a deflective tactic used to make them dislike Amber, which again, has nothing to do with whether Depp abused her or not… 

That was literally Camille's entire strategy. To vilify Amber and make her look like a She-Devil, because in her twisted mind she thinks that by making her the villain it means she could have never been abused and her statements were defamatory... somehow.

But at least Rottenborn had a good clapback. If indeed the people who testified for Amber aren't her friends anymore but they still said the things they said under oath, it gives more credence to the things they said. They wouldn't lie and show genuine emotion for a person they aren't even friends with anymore.

"buT KInG cAmiLle dEsTrOY eViL aMBeR"   :juanny: :juanny:

2 minutes ago, brazil said:

Yeah, it gives petty and  completely irrelevant under the great scheme of things, Amber's friends probably have to work, while Depp's witness work for him, so it was pretty much their job to be there :deadbanana4:

Most people are just invested in this trial to see Amber get humiliated and don’t actually care about the facts of the case, which is why they thrive from such unnecessary and irrelevant drags Camille keeps throwing… 

5 hours ago, LP54 said:

The key word is "under the courts eyes." Public opinion and court rulings are two different things. Not just in this civil trial but look at criminal trials. 

Hollywood only cares what the public thinks and if they can make a return on investment based on his profitability.  The public is siding heavily with Johnny. Not just on social media but Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was just in the Top 10 movies on Netflix. That film came out in 2005. They had a skit last weekend on SNL making fun of Amber and siding with Johnny. Comedians around the country are siding with Johnny and audiences are eating it up. 

As far as the public goes, that is all that matters. If you were watching the trial they talked about the importance of public opinion of scandals for Hollywood stars. The scandal itself is not important, but how the public reacts to that scandal. He is winning big with the public. 

Johnny has won his case regardless of the verdict.

Johnny Depp winning court of public opinion in Amber Heard trial (nypost.com)

FTx9-pmVUAASP9y?format=jpg&name=small

FSHyYnmX0AAokym?format=jpg&name=small

FSFoVz5XMAMGAkg?format=jpg&name=small

FRex8GcWQAM0TOy?format=jpg&name=900x900

depp-heard-trail-ends-007.jpg?quality=75

Hollywood cares about money not the public itself 

is this the "queen" some claim? LMAO she doesn't even know how it works.

6 minutes ago, rcksluke said:

Not shein lawyer :deadbanana4:

Not shein lawyer :deadbanana4:

Did "SomeShadesOn" aka "Elle" lied sis?

7 hours ago, xclusivestylesz said:

Who's that in your avatar? Is it Amber? :psyduck:

The one and only :foxaylove2:

Elaine and ambers legal team in general have received so much ****, but I honestly don’t think they’re that bad. Amber has not been the easiest person to represent imo. 

2 hours ago, rcksluke said:

Shein lawyer, sounds about right  :ahh: 

Edited by perfillusion

9 minutes ago, ConceptD said:

Elaine and ambers legal team in general have received so much ****, but I honestly don’t think they’re that bad. Amber has not been the easiest person to represent imo. 

There were reports that the day Amber left the courtroom before the jury was excused, yelling could be heard between Amber and Elaine from a hallway room. I also think Amber’s legal team didn’t work cohesively at all, in contrast to Depp’s, who had much more structured desks & would often jump in opportune moments to pass on detail or supporting evidence to one another. It’s clear that Elaine and Rottenborn weren’t on the same page in terms of time they’d each spend on closing. 

I sure hope these jurors aren’t superstitious, as it’s been twice that Amber’s legal team has had to speak through the sound of a storm, then you had the moment of heavenly light shining perfectly from the courtroom windows down onto Camille where they had to draw the blinds… topped off by an Amber alert/severe weather warning in the middle of Amber’s close. :deadbanana2: A film begging to be written, lol. 

Edited by FOCK

7 hours ago, brraap said:

How do you know this about the jurors just asking 

Also having 5 male to 2 women isn’t very fair in my opinion 

No reality is, it should be even. 

However this is a benefit to Amber. Women are known to be much more critical of other women then even men. I mean even when you look at the demographics outside and inside that courtroom it is women who hate Amber. Men are actually more likely to be more sympathetic.

28 minutes ago, ConceptD said:

Elaine was awful. Regardless I think her team will win this case. Every legal analysts that knows the law has stated that this is an uphill battle for team Johnny.

Based on what needs to be met for defamation, it is hard to prove even if Amber lied that she acted with intentional malice and that his career suffered due to this intended malice. Again even if she lied all this is very difficult to prove. 

Like I said, Johnny wins either way because it was clear from the start he didn’t care about the defamation suit. He just wanted a televised case to change the public perception of him and tell his own version of the story. He even said it on the stand that the outcome didn’t even matter but he just wanted to tell his side. And from telling his events, his popularity has grown and he has gained lots of sympathy for dating “crazy Amber”. If he “loses”, he will still win because people will be outraged for him which garners him even more sympathy and popularity. Regardless his star power is high right now which will make Hollywood rehire him due to no backlash and high probability of big profits of his films due to sympathy.

As for Amber her reputation is in shambles. She has a new major PR firm (though her last firm was also big) but the public perception against her is strong. And if she dates another rich man, that leads to even more suspicion that she is a gold digger. She is in a very bad spot but hey at least she won’t have to pay 50 million. 

As for Ambers attorneys, they have a big career ahead of them with the exception of Elaine. Poor girl should go into teaching after this case.

Just watched ambers second testimony and it’s eerie how much she reminds me of an abusive woman I used to know. 

@FOCK thanks for your wonderful analysis in this thread. Truly a light. 

47 minutes ago, ConceptD said:

@FOCK thanks for your wonderful analysis in this thread. Truly a light. 

:ahh: A cult 

Edited by suburbannature

It's the sad truth, but an abuser like Johnny will keep working while Amber will probably have a very hard time to find work if she even finds it. The public doesn't care he is trash, just look at all the cult like behaviour people online are expressing.

This trial should have never been televized imo. Ideally Amber would manage to get at least a decent amount of money, he basically ruined her life and career...as if abusing her wasn't enough

Edited by Cloudy

9 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

It's the sad truth, but an abuser like Johnny will keep working while Amber will probably have a very hard time to find work if she even finds it. The public doesn't care he is trash, just look at all the cult like behaviour people online are expressing.

This trial should have never been televized imo. Ideally Amber would manage to get at least a decent amount of money, he basically ruined her life and career...as if abusing her wasn't enough

I don't know if after this ordeal she'd particularly want to keep working tbh, it's unlikely any major studio will touch her even if she wins (as unfair as it is in comparison to the roles that johnny will have offered to him). 

All this trial has done has exposed the general public's lack of media literacy, the power of disinformation, the lack of sympathy for abused trapped women (regardless of if you like/believe amber or not) and the complete lack of safeguarding/comeuppance in the entertainment industry.

1 minute ago, storminthedark said:

I don't know if after this ordeal she'd particularly want to keep working tbh, it's unlikely any major studio will touch her even if she wins (as unfair as it is in comparison to the roles that johnny will have offered to him). 

All this trial has done has exposed the general public's lack of media literacy, the power of disinformation, the lack of sympathy for abused trapped women (regardless of if you like/believe amber or not) and the complete lack of safeguarding/comeuppance in the entertainment industry.

I mean she still needs to earn money to have a life. She doesn't have the fortune Depp has, her career was just starting to get off with the Aquaman role and now that's basically and unfairly over.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.