Johnny Depp vs. Amber Heard Trial

Coma Baby
Bloo
Message added by Bloo,

Mentioning @ATRL Feedback or @ATRL Administration does nothing. No staff member sees those notifications. If there is a member that is breaking ATRL rules, please report them and provide any additional context you think would better inform how we should judge it.

5 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Thank you for reinforcing how ****** we are as a society.

I mean just the weird ******* fact that there are tip jars to pick a “winner” of a domestic abuse case is horrid and shows that we still really don’t treat this **** seriously

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NausAllien

• suburbannature

• Patient Zero

• Mobility Mary

3 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

I mean just the weird ******* fact that there are tip jars to pick a “winner” of a domestic abuse case is horrid and shows that we still really don’t treat this **** seriously

This. It's just a ****** up thing to do, even if you believe Depp is a victim. Like you're utilizing someone's abuse (whether you believe its Amber or Depp) as a means of increasing your tips?? It goes to show the mindset of the people blindly supporting Depp. They don't care about the facts or victims of domestic abuse, they're just getting joy in watching Amber fail and making a sport out of it. 

I can't say i'm surprised though when some posters in this very thread have done the same thing, trivialising the entire situation and treating it like a pop-girl stan war and going as far as changing their avi's to mock the other side...

Edited by Weld_E

1 hour ago, LP54 said:

I know people on here will celebrate once the verdict comes in for Amber, but the reality is that Johnny will have still won. I don't think it was even realistic from the start for him to win this defamation case. And I'm pretty sure him and his attorneys knew that. He already lost in the UK. 

This trial truthfully wasn't to settle a defamation lawsuit or $50 million, but instead to win in the court of public opinion for Johnny. He wanted to publicly clear his name and hurt hers in the process by airing this out.

If you ask me, he has succeeded in improving his image and hurting hers. I can't imagine Amber ever being in a big blockbuster movie again. As for him, people seem to love him more than before and have sympathy all of this just because of this trial. 

Isn't that the reason Depp and his team chose to sue in Virginia? It didn't have to do with the Washington Post we know that. 

5 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Thank you for reinforcing how ****** we are as a society.

Just telling the truth.

It was clear from the start that Johnny didn't care that Amber "won" or he got the $50 million.

He was just using this case to clear his name, restore his popularity, and tarnish hers. If this case was probably no camera, I bet you he wouldn't have gone through with it.  His legal team won him this case because they really just reframed the narrative that he was the victim. So, Amber can celebrate her "win" but it is no real win.

Outside of ATRL, Johnny Depp is beloved more than ever. Hollywood will hire him again cause the public doesn't believe the allegations against him and he still remains profitable. 

FTQBxeiWIAE2A-E?format=jpg&name=large

2 minutes ago, LP54 said:

Just telling the truth.

It was clear from the start that Johnny didn't care that Amber "won" or he got the $50 million.

He was just using this case to clear his name, restore his popularity, and tarnish hers. If this case was probably no camera, I bet you he wouldn't have gone through with it.  His legal team won him this case because they really just reframed the narrative that he was the victim. So, Amber can celebrate her "win" but it is no real win.

Outside of ATRL, Johnny Depp is beloved more than ever. Hollywood will hire him again cause the public doesn't believe the allegations against him and he still remains profitable. 

?

I guess Depp's supporters are giving up on winning this case in an ACTUAL COURT OF LAW, so now they're trying to argue that what matters is the court of public opinion. That's simply wrong.

Public opinion has been on Depp's side ever since Waldmann leaked those edited tapes, which happened early in 2020 before the UK trial. That didn't stop Warner from FIRING him shortly after the verdict came out. He was also dropped from Jerry Bruckheimer's Houdini TV project shortly after. He's considered persona non grata in Hollywood according the The Hollywood Reporter (one of the trades).

Can you imagine losing a SECOND trial for defamation because he can't prove he wasn't abusive? Devastating. Regardless of what Depp's fans claim about public opinion, the optics of hiring someone who lost TWO cases involving domestic abuse, in TWO different countries, one time with a judge deciding on the verdict, another time with a JURY, are terrible. There's just no way around that. On top of that, he's still an addict and has shown problematic behavior on set, including punching a crew member twice, with the trial against him expecting to start this July.

I don't think Amber will be able to come back even if Depp loses the trial AND she wins her counterclaim. She's very disliked as of right now for studios to use her. But I do think that, down the line, she will get a favorable documentary or two, and public opinion will start to turn in her favor, as we have seen time and time again when women have been vilified.

3 minutes ago, Kakihara said:

Isn't that the reason Depp and his team chose to sue in Virginia? It didn't have to do with the Washington Post we know that. 

Exactly.

If this case was truly about defamation, he would have came for the publication.

It is 100% about clearing his name. And for that it is a win. He even said it on the stand!!!

I hope the court orders to Depp to pay Amber some significant damages if she wins.

11 minutes ago, LP54 said:

Just telling the truth.

Thank you for reinforcing how fcuked we are as a society. [2]

5 minutes ago, NausAllien said:

I guess Depp's supporters are giving up on winning this case in an ACTUAL COURT OF LAW, so now they're trying to argue that what matters is the court of public opinion. That's simply wrong.

Public opinion has been on Depp's side ever since Waldmann leaked those edited tapes, which happened early in 2020 before the UK trial. That didn't stop Warner from FIRING him shortly after the verdict came out. He was also dropped from Jerry Bruckheimer's Houdini TV project shortly after. He's considered persona non grata in Hollywood according the The Hollywood Reporter (one of the trades).

Can you imagine losing a SECOND trial for defamation because he can't prove he wasn't abusive? Devastating. Regardless of what Depp's fans claim about public opinion, the optics of hiring someone who lost TWO cases involving domestic abuse, in TWO different countries, one time with a judge deciding on the verdict, another time with a JURY, are terrible. There's just no way around that. On top of that, he's still an addict and has shown problematic behavior on set, including punching a crew member twice, with the trial against him expecting to start this July.

I don't think Amber will be able to come back even if Depp loses the trial AND she wins her counterclaim. She's very disliked as of right now for studios to use her. But I do think that, down the line, she will get a favorable documentary or two, and public opinion will start to turn in her favor, as we have seen time and time again when women have been vilified.

It is not even the lie that he has to prove. That is only ONE part. 

He also has to prove she did it with "actual malice" (Which I don't think she did) in order to win this case. In addition, he has to prove that her statements even if she lied, had implications to his career. 

From the start, legal experts stated that the chances of him winning this case are slim. Public figures rarely if ever win these cases for these reason. It is hard to prove all THREE statements.

~Public opinion~ is what led people to ingest horse worm medication to fight COVID and that Pizzagate was real, like, congrats on having that on your side? :deadbanana4:

10 minutes ago, NausAllien said:

It also reinforces that none of them actually care about domestic violence or abuse. It's about "winning".

3 minutes ago, Headlock said:

~Public opinion~ is what led people to ingest horse worm medication to fight COVID and that Pizzagate was real, like, congrats on having that on your side? :deadbanana4:

And that there was a cabal of Satanic pedophiles in Washington conspiring against Trump... :deadbanana2: :deadbanana2:

So yeah, a lot of people in this world are DUMB AF. We been known...

EDIT:

I mean... :biblio:

GTezlPM.png

Almost 1 in 5... :deadbanana4:

Edited by NausAllien

Amber is far from perfect! However regardless the outcome, I will support her career and hope she has a successful career after this.

Johnny nor she are coming out clean…however Hollywood is full of trash white men that get away with far worse than Amber’s action. 

2 minutes ago, Headlock said:

It also reinforces that none of them actually care about domestic violence or abuse. It's about "winning".

The belief is that there was domestic violence by the public/fans. Except he was the victim. 

This idea that men are just as much victims as women. And her case got hurt the moment those tapes came out with her stating that she hit him. Also her saying he beat her, but she bought him a knife as a gift. 

Personally I think they both were physical with each other. Their therapist even said it herself. That Amber used violence against Johnny to ensure he wouldn't leave to engage back in fights. But she also stated that he was physical with her but didn't elaborate. 

34 minutes ago, brazil said:

She never said men can't be victims, it's important to know the context of discussions, Amber and Depp were having an argument because Depp wanted to file a lawsuit, and Amber didn't want that so she was trying to argue that noone would believe him if he filed a lawsuit, "tell the world, I, Johnny Depp, a man, was a victim of domestic abuse". 

As for Alcoholics, I don't think it's fair to label all Alcoholics as the worst people ever, many Alcoholics never harmed anyone but themselves. 

Yes that's my reason. I pointed that out earlier. And i disagree , Most alcoholics destroy lives of people around them then destroy themselves. And she was an alcoholic and a drug abuser herself. All witnesses attested to that. Not as big as he is/was though. 

Both are in the same pit to me :michael:

11 minutes ago, LP54 said:

The belief is that there was domestic violence by the public/fans. Except he was the victim. 

This idea that men are just as much victims as women. And her case got hurt the moment those tapes came out with her stating that she hit him. Also her saying he beat her, but she bought him a knife as a gift. 

Personally I think they both were physical with each other. Their therapist even said it herself. That Amber used violence against Johnny to ensure he wouldn't leave to engage back in fights. But she also stated that he was physical with her but didn't elaborate. 

Thank you for reinforcing how fcuked we are as a society. [3]

GP simply can’t differentiate Johnny Depp ≠ his characters, they think they are cheering for Jack Sparrow, for Willy Wonka or Edward Sccisorhands and can’t seem to understand that one thing is different from the other.

And I doubt that he will have another iconic character after all this mess, his last good movie was POTC2 like 14 years ago and with two losses at the trial it doesn’t look good, Amber might get basic roles here and there or be a trophy gf of someone and will live happy with her money.

Like I said, they will most likely wrap on Tuesday or Wednesday:

No Friday verdict, jury deliberations will continue Tuesday A verdict in the Depp vs. Heard trial was not reached by the end of day Friday and Judge Penney Azcarate sent jurors home. Deliberations will continues Tuesday at 9 a.m.

46 minutes ago, LP54 said:

Just telling the truth.

This is exactly what I have been saying, why would people be scared to work with him when the public opinion makes him profitable again? It's not like there would be major backlash.

Rottenborn was amazing today, I’ve seen him receive lots of praise these last couple days.

Camille kinda fell flat/flopped today. 

1 hour ago, Patient Zero said:

?

Who's that in your avatar? Is it Amber? :psyduck:

1 hour ago, Raw Honey said:

This is exactly what I have been saying, why would people be scared to work with him when the public opinion makes him profitable again? It's not like there would be major backlash.

Yeah, but I think a negative verdict might make people on the fence or who don't have a strong opinion turn on him. Either way, even if Amber wins, his image will still be better off then when the trial started.

4 hours ago, suburbannature said:

Juror #2 laughed at Depp's inappropriate jokes directed at Rottenborn and smiled often at him. I wonder how objective he'll be. :rip: 

How do you know this about the jurors just asking 

Also having 5 male to 2 women isn’t very fair in my opinion 

23 minutes ago, brraap said:

How do you know this about the jurors just asking 

Also having 5 male to 2 women isn’t very fair in my opinion 

One thing women and men have in common is that they both hate women so it wouldn’t matter honestly. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.