Johnny Depp vs. Amber Heard Trial

Coma Baby
Bloo
Message added by Bloo,

Mentioning @ATRL Feedback or @ATRL Administration does nothing. No staff member sees those notifications. If there is a member that is breaking ATRL rules, please report them and provide any additional context you think would better inform how we should judge it.

51 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

Jury consists of 2 women and 5 men 

only a 7 person jury??

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NausAllien

• suburbannature

• Patient Zero

• Mobility Mary

1 minute ago, Assassin said:

only a 7 person jury??

Most civil cases have 6-8 people, most criminal cases have around double that depending on the venue of jurisdiction.

Only catched abit of Camille's speech . How did she hold up? From what i heard it was pretty strong as usual. 

Im so torn tbh . Im a fan of both 

Do y’all know when the results will be out?? Literally can’t wait for amber to win so this all ends 

6 minutes ago, simon_xcx said:

Do y’all know when the results will be out?? Literally can’t wait for amber to win so this all ends 

It could be today but very, very doubtful.

If I had to guess either Tuesday or Wednesday. 

It really just depends on if the jurors are torn or not.

It's already been 2Hrs . I think they might wrap it up today. 

7 minutes ago, LP54 said:

It could be today but very, very doubtful.

If I had to guess either Tuesday or Wednesday. 

It really just depends on if the jurors are torn or not.

alright. How do i know when it happens? i wanna be notified but i don’t wanna have the livestream open 24/7 

Edited by simon_xcx

I know people on here will celebrate once the verdict comes in for Amber, but the reality is that Johnny will have still won. I don't think it was even realistic from the start for him to win this defamation case. And I'm pretty sure him and his attorneys knew that. He already lost in the UK. 

This trial truthfully wasn't to settle a defamation lawsuit or $50 million, but instead to win in the court of public opinion for Johnny. He wanted to publicly clear his name and hurt hers in the process by airing this out.

If you ask me, he has succeeded in improving his image and hurting hers. I can't imagine Amber ever being in a big blockbuster movie again. As for him, people seem to love him more than before and have sympathy all of this just because of this trial. 

34 minutes ago, TouchinFree said:

Only catched abit of Camille's speech . How did she hold up? From what i heard it was pretty strong as usual. 

Im so torn tbh . Im a fan of both 

weak faltering and flailing she read from a script and in the rebuttal she was nervous. 
Unlike Amber's lawyers who sailed through evidence without reading a script because it's clear as day JD was abusive

1 minute ago, emile20 said:

weak faltering and flailing she read from a script and in the rebuttal she was nervous. 
Unlike Amber's lawyers who sailed through evidence without reading a script because it's clear as day JD was abusive

That's not promising. Usually Camille is sharp as a knife. I heard Amber's lawyer's speech he killed it until Elaine showed up and screwed it all up. Almost made it all about the money and brought up some of Amber's weakest links like make up and what not. She honestly wasted time . 

I still need to see Camille's presentation. She usually carries and has great technique. It's hard to make out whos the abuser especially when heard said "no one will believe you " and her slipping with the "bruise kit" . At the same time Johnny is a total mess. An alcoholic and what's worse is a drug abuser. That's a deadly combo and they can be extremely violent. 

I feel like they're both equally toxic. I can't take a side . He was smirking at her stories today and it was disgusting to see. She was smirking when he brought up his finger cutting incident. They're both full of hate for each other. 

2 minutes ago, TouchinFree said:

I feel like they're both equally toxic. I can't take a side . He was smirking at her stories today and it was disgusting to see. She was smirking when he brought up his finger cutting incident. They're both full of hate for each other. 

Johnny is arguing that he NEVER abused her, so for the context of the case, you are on Amber’s side.

Just now, Weld_E said:

Johnny is arguing that he NEVER abused her, so for the context of the case, you are on Amber’s side.

Hell no . Her audios are disturbing . I'd rather be in hell than be on someone's side that thinks men cannot be victims. And i can't be on his side either because Alcoholics are the worst people EVER.  And are capable of doing everything. 

Both are abusers and terrible people. Full of hate. She ruined his career in 2016 and now he ruined career back. Both had lost all respect in the process. No way im taking her or his side. I do think they're both great actors though. Both got what they deserved. Nobody will 'win' regardless of result . No amount of money or  justice will fix their lost pride. 

It doesn’t matter what the jury gives. The public is on Johnnys side.

41 minutes ago, LP54 said:

I know people on here will celebrate once the verdict comes in for Amber, but the reality is that Johnny will have still won. I don't think it was even realistic from the start for him to win this defamation case. And I'm pretty sure him and his attorneys knew that. He already lost in the UK. 

This trial truthfully wasn't to settle a defamation lawsuit or $50 million, but instead to win in the court of public opinion for Johnny. He wanted to publicly clear his name and hurt hers in the process by airing this out.

If you ask me, he has succeeded in improving his image and hurting hers. I can't imagine Amber ever being in a big blockbuster movie again. As for him, people seem to love him more than before and have sympathy all of this just because of this trial. 

But it will be the same as the UK trial people cannot hire him if he looses then he is under the courts eyes twice the abuser 

3 hours ago, Raw Honey said:

Exactly, Mel Gibson received Oscar nominations after his controversies. And when has being old stopped men from working in Hollywood? We aren't talking about actresses, sadly this is how the world works. :busted:

But Mel came back because he finally got his sh*t together — put it all in the rear view mirror and turned a new chapter on his life.

Neither Johnny nor Amber are giving me any vibes like that (that they want to move on). We are watching a never ending breakup.

Cant' make a successful comeback if you can't put your mess behind, or be in the process of that at least.

Edited by Raiden

10 minutes ago, rac7d said:

But it will be the same as the UK trial people cannot hire him if he looses then he is under the courts eyes twice the abuser 

Three times after he loses the lawsuit next month about punching a guy on set :michael:

19 minutes ago, TouchinFree said:

Hell no . Her audios are disturbing . I'd rather be in hell than be on someone's side that thinks men cannot be victims. And i can't be on his side either because Alcoholics are the worst people EVER.  And are capable of doing everything. 

Both are abusers and terrible people. Full of hate. She ruined his career in 2016 and now he ruined career back. Both had lost all respect in the process. No way im taking her or his side. I do think they're both great actors though. Both got what they deserved. Nobody will 'win' regardless of result . No amount of money or  justice will fix their lost pride. 

She never said men can't be victims, it's important to know the context of discussions, Amber and Depp were having an argument because Depp wanted to file a lawsuit, and Amber didn't want that so she was trying to argue that noone would believe him if he filed a lawsuit, "tell the world, I, Johnny Depp, a man, was a victim of domestic abuse". 

As for Alcoholics, I don't think it's fair to label all Alcoholics as the worst people ever, many Alcoholics never harmed anyone but themselves. 

Edited by brazil

21 minutes ago, rac7d said:

The key word is "under the courts eyes." Public opinion and court rulings are two different things. Not just in this civil trial but look at criminal trials. 

Hollywood only cares what the public thinks and if they can make a return on investment based on his profitability.  The public is siding heavily with Johnny. Not just on social media but Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was just in the Top 10 movies on Netflix. That film came out in 2005. They had a skit last weekend on SNL making fun of Amber and siding with Johnny. Comedians around the country are siding with Johnny and audiences are eating it up. 

As far as the public goes, that is all that matters. If you were watching the trial they talked about the importance of public opinion of scandals for Hollywood stars. The scandal itself is not important, but how the public reacts to that scandal. He is winning big with the public. 

Johnny has won his case regardless of the verdict.

Johnny Depp winning court of public opinion in Amber Heard trial (nypost.com)

FTx9-pmVUAASP9y?format=jpg&name=small

FSHyYnmX0AAokym?format=jpg&name=small

FSFoVz5XMAMGAkg?format=jpg&name=small

FRex8GcWQAM0TOy?format=jpg&name=900x900

depp-heard-trail-ends-007.jpg?quality=75

Edited by LP54

21 minutes ago, TouchinFree said:

because Alcoholics are the worst people EVER. 

I realize I'm going entirely off topic but this is very dangerous to say. Alcoholism is a disease. A person is not a bad person because they're an alcoholic, just like with any other drug of abuse.

Depp isn't a horrible person because of alcohol, he's just a horrible person period. He would be a horrible person without any substance abuse.

And recovering/recovered alcoholics are still alcoholics, they just no longer drink. It never is "cured". A "sober" person is still an alcoholic.

This is coming from someone with a sober alcoholic mother, and who has been to many AA meetings with her over the years and from that has met many addicts from all walks of life.

5 minutes ago, LP54 said:

The key word is "under the courts eyes." Public opinion and court rulings are two different things. Not just in this civil trial but look at criminal trials. 

Hollywood only cares what the public thinks and if they can make a return on investment based on his profitability.  The public is siding heavily with Johnny. Not just on social media but Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was just in the Top 10 movies on Netflix. That film came out in 2005. They had a skit last weekend on SNL making fun of Amber and siding with Johnny. Comedians around the country are siding with Johnny and audiences are eating it up. 

As far as the public goes, that is all that matters. If you were watching the trial they talked about the importance of public opinion of scandals for Hollywood stars. The scandal itself is not important, but how the public reacts to that scandal. He is winning big with the public. 

Johnny has won his case regardless of the verdict.

Johnny Depp winning court of public opinion in Amber Heard trial (nypost.com)

FTx9-pmVUAASP9y?format=jpg&name=small

FSHyYnmX0AAokym?format=jpg&name=small

FSFoVz5XMAMGAkg?format=jpg&name=small

FRex8GcWQAM0TOy?format=jpg&name=900x900

depp-heard-trail-ends-007.jpg?quality=75

Thank you for reinforcing how ****** we are as a society.

11 minutes ago, brazil said:

As for Alcoholics, I don't think it's fair to label all Alcoholics as the worst people ever, many Alcoholics never harmed anyone but themselves. 

Forget the "many" and the "some"

It has been said a million times and it remains true: alcohol doesn't make anyone violent to another person — it just removes your inhibition to carry-out the stuff your sober self deep down wished and desired to do anyway.

Edited by Raiden

in my eyes, regardless of all the lies told... Amber is still the victim here. she'll be scrutinized and blacklisted even if she does win the case.

the whole Johnny Depp PR has done wonders for him, but I don't think throwing Amber under the bus was a fair thing. he could've done so by simply proving he is a decent person and that he wants to move on with this life, and this is where both of them were wrong, they literally played "I did this, but you did that" during the entire trial, so it kinda says a lot about both parts, I hope Amber does release a final statement, though.

Honestly, the way people have been ruthlessly bullying and dog piling on Amber throughout this trial is disgusting and disturbing. The people pretending to care about this case because of 'male domestic abuse victims' are constantly scrutinizing Amber but remain radio silent to all the strong evidence presented against Depp. It almost became a sport to join the mob and attack Amber, and thrive in watching her fail. I admit, when I was first exposed to the case, I was also yassing all the videos criticizing Amber, but at some point it just became uncomfortable watching the whole world bully her whilst Depp remains unscathed for his problematic actions. Most people have become invested not because they care about domestic abuse, but to get the satisfaction of watching the downfall of Heard.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.