Netflix to introduce cheaper plan

Cloröx

Just now, Bloo said:

This. It's a bit weird that people are criticizing Netflix for introducing an ad-based plan while also saying that Hulu is better... When they always had that option. 

Agreed as well. Not all their content is great, but I randomly started watching one of their true crime documentaries for something random and it was pretty interesting. Hopefully Stranger Things 4 collects some wigs and they can produce some other original content that gain traction.

Netflix is still the biggest platform it ain't going anywhere

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GraceRandolph

• Into The Void

• Katamari

• OreGuy

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not make quality content? That's why the competition is eating them up. It's unbelievable that they are the most expensive streaming service (at least in my country; HBO Max is even cheaper and in 4K without paying more) and their content is getting worse and worse. The only good point they have left is that their app is the best of all. 

Netflix golden age is officially over they are clearly losing subscribers now. 

honestly high key hbo max and Disney/Hulu plus came in and took over. 

Well, they'll be over once Disney pull their content out from that crappy streaming service. That's what you get for always producing Korean series/films :fan: 

been saying this for forever, but netflix needs to stop putting entire seasons up on the platform so people can binge them and forget about it in a week. shoot, even disney+ knows this concept, and had adopted it for its high production value shows. You cannot spend millions and millions of dollars on expensive shows to just essentially throw them out like that 

Edited by shinyshimmery

:deadbanana2:

Its the beginning of the end. A dozen streaming services breathing down their necks vs near monopoly just a few years ago. Its inevitable.

2 hours ago, Tropez said:

Netflix is trash. HBO has been eating them up. 

Everytime I go to HBO Max and I get The Batman, Dune and Euphoria with banners almost back to back :jonny5:

1 hour ago, Reb'l Rêveur said:

Well, they'll be over once Disney pull their content out from that crappy streaming service. That's what you get for always producing Korean series/films :fan: 

This, 8 out of 10 top shows on my netflix app are korean dramas :rip:

14 minutes ago, babyforlife said:

This, 8 out of 10 top shows on my netflix app are korean dramas :rip:

And what's the problem with that?

3 hours ago, Richie.Valdez said:

They keep on spending money making sh!tty content. 

How dare you?

look at this masterpiece :sistrens:

ot plan with ads? :toofunny2:

I just cancelled and I’m not planning on renewing my subscription any time soon. I found it ridiculous Netflix makes you pay extra for their 4K/HDR content while HBO Max/Disney+ offer it just by default. That and the content hasn’t been good in a while I found myself mostly drawn to HBO while I never got interested in Netflix shows. 

This is even worse :deadbanana4:

Hang it up flat screen

there’s nothing much to watch lately tbh. and these old popular shows, gets worse each season. see: Elite. Netflix coming to an end? :deadbanana2:

5 hours ago, Miss Show Business said:

Didn't they capitalize on being one of the only paid services that's fully ad free? They should just offer less content or something instead :toofunny3:

This sounds more attractive and compromised. You should be taking the spot of whoever executive proposed this ad-supported subscription BS in the Netflix HQ! :dies:

I knew these literal DOZENS of other streaming services would catch up to Netflix, picking their syndicated content off one by one until all Netflix was left with was cheaply mass produced original content to saturate their library. They’ve canceled some good shows I loved and left some others I absolutely did not running. I still have a subscription for a few shows, but I am rethinking it.

They should spend less on paying Oscar voters 

like that don’t look up Payola was embarrassing 

Once HBOMAX is released in Asia, I will stop my subscription to all streaming services. 

No one is paying for ads, they are literally deranged. The fact that they are honestly charging $20 nowadays is crazy. It's really over for them when Discovery+ goes global

Their throw unlimited money at creators and worry about making it back later tactic needs to be deleted. 

They need to stop wasting money on Ryan Reynolds and Chris Hemsworth. Ppl watch blockbusters in the cinema for the experience, at least for the initial viewing. Nobody knew Anya when watched Queens Gambit, it took off Cus of the material. 

28 minutes ago, favorite crime said:

No one is paying for ads

Not true. I paid for 14 months of Hulu.

I don’t see the problem some of y’all are having . It would just be an added option to watch with commercials and therefore have a cheaper price. 

But is the Netflix price even the problem? I mean it might be a part of it, but is it the main problem? Almost every big studio has their own service now. So Netflix will be getting less and less content from them. Netflix is bound to die from this alone as they don’t have a lot of original content that can actually attract viewers in the long run.  But this was a foreseen future for a long time? 

The future will probably be a service that will combine all the services and you get to pick the things you want to watch from each of them but with a limited amount of option based on the price you’re paying. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.