• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Broken

• Bloodflowers.

• Aiya

• GraceRandolph

theres like a handful of good shows year round and maybe 1 good movie a year if that? they have good documentaries tho, but still its not enough anymore.

Netflix their biggest problem is that they lost all their licenses to the classic tv shows to Disney+ and HBO Max. Their original content is not great enough to keep people interested. Disney+ has all the shows like New Girl, Big Bang Theory etc (shows with a big loyal fan base). Netflix only has Squid Game and Stranger Things and it’s not enough. Disney has won this battle

We just need more Black Mirror but I feel as though they’ve canned it. Funny thing is they didn’t even create it, which explains why it’s actually good and has depth.

3 hours ago, Gabe² said:

Superstore best show ever no exaggeration 

The Great

SHUT UP, SANDRA!!!

Omg another Superstore stan :chick3:.

10 hours ago, GeminiCat said:

Netflix is what happens when quantity is prioritized over quality. Their content library is massive and yet there's maybe only a handful of must watch originals at any given time. Finding something to watch on Netflix outside the big names is just scrolling through endless heaps of junk and hoping maybe you'll find a diamond in the rough that won't get cancelled after the first season. Then the audacity to continually raise prices while the content continues to decline - I'm surprised it's not more. 

This, right here :clap3:

The writing was on the wall. Raising prices and more cancelled shows than ever is not a good look. They have very few shows with dedicated fan bases, and drop many shows with potential before they have the opportunity to actually cultivate a fan base. Now that you have juggernauts like D+ entering the space with their massive IPs, it draws attention away from Netflix because they have little in comparison in that regard. Netflix at this point is more for the casual viewer, dedicated viewers are moving elsewhere and this shift will likely only continue to be seen unless Netflix adapts their business model (which at this point is cancelling everything that doesn’t immediately go viral even if they are acclaimed, and green lighting / renewing a lot of low quality content). 

Honestly, they deserve the backlash for raising prices again. How can they even justify it with the content they have at the moment?

They had no interesting shows or movies released since the beginning of the year. I guess May is coming up with Stranger Things and that's about it. I might cancel after that too.

As someone said, you just can't prioritise quantity over quality.

I just unsubscribed recently myself because I never use it. I really only use Hulu and HBO Max now.

I still use it because we have a family account but I understand it tbh. Unfortunately there is no HBO in my country, just Sky. I would get it otherwise.

16 hours ago, GentleEarthquake said:

deservdt for cancelling Anne With An E

Don't remind me, now I am fuming once again!!!! Such a great show!

16 hours ago, JustHoran said:

Good. They cancel all the good shows, and I'm so mad that they renewed The Society for a second season, left it on a cliff hanger, and then cancelled it after the renewal and blamed the pandemic. Ridiculous. They really are garbage now.

Ughhh same with season 4 of GLOW 

Maybe if they casted Korean actors who can actually act in their k-dramas and didn't greenlight so many S*** K*** shows, a few of those subscribers would have stayed :swan:

Why do people get mad about cancelations? The longer the series lasts the worse it gets (Elite, Orange is the New Black, House of Cards, Casa de Papel) I honestly prefer mini series, or actually crafted long term series (Dark was always meant to be 3 seasons)

Edited by Jaimon

They produce content purely for quantity and it started to look anemic when studios took and brought their content into their own platforms.

Their original series are mostly awful, and their original movies feels rushed.

Their docs are Dateline-episode recycles. If its about crime, you know it was already on another show, but just over-dramatized.

• ATRL Moderator

I'll leave after Stranger Things.  Would have left already if it wasn't for Elite.

The only streaming service I regularly use these days is Paramount+.  I watch HBO just for Legendary, and haven't touched Disney/Hulu in years.

The whole streaming idea will backfire soon enough.  The point of streaming was to get the shows you want without the high cable prices, but now people are paying as much as cable for the amount of streaming services needed to watch all the popular shows.   We just need a new service to come along and somehow shake the game up again.  

Just cancelled my sub. :party: Suck it Netflix. Absolutely, no content I care about. 

This thread made me remember this mess. :rip:

Tbh i'm probably going to dip and cancel my subscription after Stranger Things comes out and switch to HBO Max.

Disney+, Hulu and HBO Max appear to be the new trinity I fear. :gaycat5:

Imagine using net flix :rip:

The content is lacking...also I think they should change the cadence of their releases. Rather than releasing a whole season of a show at once, they should release 2-3 episodes a week so that people don't bing it all at once and disengage for months/a year before a new season arrives. 

Imagine cancelling Netflix just before the last series of Better Call Saul comes out. Not to dEfend a CoRporaTion but they have a lot of strong TV series, honestly.

If you've finished ALL the decent stuff on there then maybe it is indeed time you cancel and go outside instead.

:rip: 

4 hours ago, khalyan said:

The whole streaming idea will backfire soon enough.  

It will only backfire on Netflix who rely on streaming as their sole business endeavor.

Disney+, AppleTV+, Prime Video, etc are nice bonuses for the parent company which only enhance their main products. :giraffe:

Miss Tesla on the vehicle front better learn from Netflix before the other manufacturers catch up. :bunny:

1 hour ago, Blood Magic said:

:rip: 

Yikes...Somebody is getting fired

It makes sense, you have to pay extra if you want to use the account out of your house. Keep losing, trash.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.