Lorde redeems herself after TikTok backlash

Sesame

For those that don’t know, she has been trending on tiktok the past two weeks, since there have been multiple million+ liked tiktoks about her shushing the crowds and the comments mostly calling her cringey and unlikeable 

Edited by Sesame

what is she even shushing.. i think she was on something

I just know she can crack a whole walnut with her bussy, but thats another topic

It's so funny how she only does it at a particular song. Why. :bibliahh:

2 minutes ago, greento said:

I honestly don’t get why people think it’s so weird

people on twitter, etc like to call everything "cringe"

....  Lorde is weird. Get yourself together 

1 hour ago, Track10 said:

Is Lorde autistic?

:toofunny2:

37 minutes ago, Onion Girl said:

people on twitter, etc like to call everything "cringe"

Ikr. It literally makes sense that she does it with this song as well. It’s emotional and personal and she wanted to do it acapella. People are acting like she shushed everyone during the whole show

Shushing people at your concert is cringey and weird. People doing mental gymnastics to explain her weirdo behavior… :toofunny3:

18 minutes ago, Hurem said:

Shushing people at your concert is cringey and weird. People doing mental gymnastics to explain her weirdo behavior… :toofunny3:

This. I mean it is acceptable to shush people when you're in a classroom or symposium but ma'am this is a CONCERT with FANS. Fans wanna have a good time, so let them cheer/ sing a long a little!

Edited by aesthetic bih

2 hours ago, Track10 said:

Is Lorde autistic?

She has synaesthesia so it's quite possible she has misophonia as well and some noises from the crowd are triggers for it and she would find it difficult to stop herself from doing that - it's not very professional of her though.

I have both and lemme tell ya, the struggle is REAL with my trigger noises.

eta: both these are more common in autistic people (that's me too) than neurotypical due the brain just being wired differently esp with sensory processing

Edited by CatButtFace

This is all from 4 years ago :rip: She only performed WITD acapella a handful of times

I haven’t heard this song before, but I’ve seen the cringe compilations & the video where the crowd sings along is a million times better than whatever she was trying to achieve singing alone. She sounds great & it feels more anthemic and powerful. 

2 hours ago, greento said:

I honestly don’t get why people think it’s so weird

it's funny, but yeah she obviously wants to sing without the mic to make it an interesting moment (Gaga's impact) so she shushes them so that her voice can be heard without the mic. 

With that said, there is something slightly pretentious about her ever since Melodrama. Too much hype is not a good thing, every artist has suffered from it even the biggest and best ones like Bey, Gaga etc. 

Edited by Mariano

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.