Girls Aloud to reunite for event in honour of Sarah Harding

Gwendolyn

Girls Aloud are planning to reunite for a special fundraising gig in honour of late bandmate Sarah Harding.

Harding died in September last year aged 39 after a battle with breast cancer.

Derry star Nadine Coyle has now confirmed that she and Cheryl, Kimberley Walsh and Nicola Roberts are planning to get the girl band back together to raise money in memory of their former bandmate and friend.

She told OK! magazine: "We're planning a night for an event to raise money in honour of Sarah.

"We want to raise money for a piece of medical equipment that helps diagnose cancer earlier so people can be treated. We definitely want to do something to help others."

Coyle said Harding's passing has been "devastating".

She continued: "When she became unwell, a lot of my energy became focused on her.

"There were suddenly so many things happening that were more important than anything else.

"It was a time to be around loved ones and support them. Her passing has just been so devastating."

Speaking on behalf of the band, Coyle added: "[Sarah's passing] still affects us deeply, to think about everything that she went through."

56738937-10728109-image-a-152_1650276902

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2022/0418/1292970-girls-aloud-to-reunite-in-honour-of-sarah-harding/

I think it's sweet and special to reunite, both for Sarah and for the memory of Sarah.

It’s weird because I never stopped listening to their music but it’s extra weird hearing Sarah. She had the sultriest hook on almost every song. It does feel like she’s still with us in a way. :emofish:

It’s too bad it’s not under better circumstances. I’m sure Sarah would be happy to see them come together, though.

1 hour ago, geddymonster said:

It’s too bad it’s not under better circumstances. I’m sure Sarah would be happy to see them come together, though.

Im just happy that even if its for that reason we’ll get to see them together but it’s sad that Sarah won’t be there. I always wished we’d see all 5 together again :weeps:

she left us too soon. 

1 hour ago, BGXKB said:

It’s weird because I never stopped listening to their music but it’s extra weird hearing Sarah. She had the sultriest hook on almost every song. It does feel like she’s still with us in a way. :emofish:

she always did lol I always loved her sassy parts 

I love her part in something new:

Take a walk on the wild side of life 

:jonny3: the collapse 

wait!! It just hit me this year it’ll be their 20th anniversary and soemtbing new came out in 2012

5 hours ago, BGXKB said:

Well those are recordings so she's gonna be on them forever 

3 hours ago, Superbitch said:

Im just happy that even if its for that reason we’ll get to see them together but it’s sad that Sarah won’t be there. I always wished we’d see all 5 together again :weeps:

she left us too soon. 

she always did lol I always loved her sassy parts 

I love her part in something new:

Take a walk on the wild side of life 

:jonny3: the collapse 

wait!! It just hit me this year it’ll be their 20th anniversary and soemtbing new came out in 2012

My favorite Sarah moment will always be Walking Primrose. :jonny:

2 minutes ago, Fancyhoodlum said:

Well those are recordings so she's gonna be on them forever 

Well of course but Sarah Harding is only like the third person I’ve ever really listened to who passed away. 

The only artist in the last 15 years who I really listened to every day. It’s weird to think about. 

4 hours ago, BGXKB said:

My favorite Sarah moment will always be Walking Primrose. :jonny:

Well of course but Sarah Harding is only like the third person I’ve ever really listened to who passed away. 

The only artist in the last 15 years who I really listened to every day. It’s weird to think about. 

Ugh yes her part in the promise :weeps: 

I don't like this being billed as a "reunion", or as a performance like some people keep mentioning since Nadine never said they'd be performing, she said "event".

It's more likely going to be something like an auction of their iconic outfits with Cheryl, Nadine, Nicola and Kimberley in attendance. Maybe they'll put on a showing of Girls Aloud: Off The Record with a Q&A? Kimberley said just two months ago performing without Sarah wouldn't feel right, I can't imagine she's changed her mind so soon on that even if it were to be for fundraising.

Edited by Hooker Barbie

29 minutes ago, Hooker Barbie said:

I don't like this being billed as a "reunion", or as a performance like some people keep mentioning since Nadine never said they'd be performing, she said "event".

It's more likely going to be something like an auction of their iconic outfits with Cheryl, Nadine, Nicola and Kimberley in attendance. Maybe they'll put on a showing of Girls Aloud: Off The Record with a Q&A? Kimberley said just two months ago performing without Sarah wouldn't feel right, I can't imagine she's changed her mind so soon on that even if it were to be for fundraising.

It’s most likely an event with performances by other artists and them performing as a group at the end. That’s what The Wanted did for their show to raise funds for cancer patients care. 

I do think there will be a tour coming from them, as they all were on board with that plan (including Sarah) before Sarah’s diagnosis, but I absolutely dread the idea of another Nadine vs Chimola ordeal when a potential GA reunion should be all about celebrating Sarah’s memory and the 20th anniversary of the group.

My favourite girls, I’m sure this is something Sarah would fully give her blessing too. 
We love & miss her everyday. 
I will miss the live adlibs she just to do on tour, one of my favourite things. 

14 hours ago, Popboi. said:

It’s most likely an event with performances by other artists and them performing as a group at the end. That’s what The Wanted did for their show to raise funds for cancer patients care. 

I do think there will be a tour coming from them, as they all were on board with that plan (including Sarah) before Sarah’s diagnosis, but I absolutely dread the idea of another Nadine vs Chimola ordeal when a potential GA reunion should be all about celebrating Sarah’s memory and the 20th anniversary of the group.

I think after what happened they’d try to  avoid that to Happen again. I’d like to think her passing brought them together 

Kimberley spoke about this today:

"I feel like I need to just clear this up a little bit.

"So there won’t be a reunion as such, we’re not going to be getting back on stage together. We still just don’t feel ready to get back on stage without Sarah. But we are planning an industry fundraiser for her in her memory, to raise as much money as we possibly can for cancer research. She asked us to do this and it’s really important for us that we make it a big event. It’s all about [raising money]."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.