UPROXX: "Doja Cat Should've Headlined Coachella 2022"

dantemarquis

Doja Cat capping off this lineup inadvertently became a pretty pointed statement on how expansive hip-hop has become. In recent weeks, the debate over whether or not she counts as a rapper intensified after veteran rapper Remy Ma refused to classify her as one. With a Coachella set that leaned into displaying her rap skills, backed by a wide array of musical styles from Afropop to hard rock, Doja Cat didn’t just prove that she’s a rapper. She also made a pretty solid argument that she is one of the biggest and best rappers — and performers — on the planet. The next time we see her name on a Coachella flyer, it might just be in the big print after all.

https://uproxx.com/music/coachella-2022-day-3-recap-doja-cat/

Doja-Cat-8.jpg?resize=1536,1024

She most definitely should’ve headlined. She needs to back out of The Weeknd’s tour

She literally is the moment. 

the fact that i heard more about her performance than the 3 headliners (billie, the weeknd, ???) combined - not even kidding - says enough

2 minutes ago, cityfolk said:

the fact that i heard more about her performance than the 3 headliners (billie, the weeknd, ???) combined - not even kidding - says enough

THIS. it's kind of hilarious :toofunny2:

13 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

She most definitely should’ve headlined. She needs to back out of The Weeknd’s tour

but now we said it :cm:

13 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

they share management so I'm sure she's fully on board with that tour. I don't think she'll be a traditional "opener" like ppl are thinking. She'll probably get a good 40 minute set with a nice production budget. Plus, it's a STADIUM check and stadium experience that she can then bring to her shows, which will be arenas.

i went to her lollapalooza concert here in brazil and it was very low energy, lackluster, etc. it was sad cuz i was SO exicted for her (she wasn't the headliner but for me she was) but she didn't serve. Miley, Marina and even Alessia Cara and Kehlani served more than her. 

i guess she wasn't feeling herself after all the paraguay drama, will watch her Coachella concert on TV this week! 

Edited by Selegend

Absolutely, she literally is the moment, she's the focus of GP's interest.

they spilled. wbk this since the announcements :soda:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.