How do you stay motivated to work?

ANTIclimatic

2 hours ago, PMKARDASHIAN said:

In order to be able to do and buy whatever I want, along with having a home and car,  I have to work. I’m absolutely miserable at work but I make too much and have a fair amount of freedom to just say **** it and quit

Agreed. Same thing here, for me working in the Probate field generally is emotionally taxing but it's pretty easy work & my pay is comfortable the longer I'm here 

2 hours ago, ANTIclimatic said:

You and me both

You and you and me threth

49 minutes ago, Selegend said:

i'm only motivated when i have a new project/challenge and i work like a machine when these kind of thing come to me -- so the company always trusts me on new things and i think that's why they seems very satisfied with me even if, being very honest,  from to time to time i spend like months doing only the bare minimum between new projects or challenges. 

I work at Marketing and Channel Partner Representative, so when i dont have a new challenge i just keep doing the bureaucracy of partnership and social media / website handling (very easy since we don't sell thru social media) and when i have a new product/project i work my ass off to make it sell with strategies and stuff. 

I lowkey want your job. I want to work in marketing but I don't know where to start with school or how to pay for it.

Good question. I really don’t know. I need a vacation but I know I’ll be even more stressed if I take one because I’m already super behind.

I just wake up and do my best.

I enjoy my job, but sometimes I just need a change of environment

but listening to Fergie's Glamorous motivates me

Build up yourself. Keep at it. You'll eventually get to a point where it's the same as taking a ****. Fall into place, unfortunately. Think about working for the bread to pay bills and MAYBE have some left over for yourself

I dont LOL

Just like any sane person trapped in this materialistic and capitalist hellhole I force myself to work.

Lmao why would you do that? Just do an ediquet job to not getting fired and spending more time on things that actually make you happy 

It's hard, particularly because I don't love my job (I currently work in retail whilst studying for my Masters degree). Whenever I'm going to work, I try and focus on one positive aspect of my shift rather than going in saying to myself "I don't want to be here today". For example, if I'm on shift with a colleague I really like, or I'm getting extra pay or something. If I find myself feeling demotivated whilst on shift, I think of something really positive/enjoyable I'll be doing after my shift (seeing friends/boyfriend, gaming, etc.) and I tell myself that working this shift is my way of "earning" whatever activity I'm doing after work. 

It does make me laugh though when filthy rich/famous people talk about working hard and "grafting". Don't get me wrong, I know some rich people work ridiculously hard and their jobs are their lives, but I'm sure you find much more motivation going into work if you're earning millions, opposed to a regular person working in a minimum wage job who's only choice is to work long hours to provide, buy food, and put a roof over their head. Plus, it's hard to find motivation in a dead-end job that pays you the absolute minimum they can legally get away with. :toofunny3:

9 minutes ago, BlackStar_93 said:

It's hard, particularly because I don't love my job (I currently work in retail whilst studying for my Masters degree). Whenever I'm going to work, I try and focus on one positive aspect of my shift rather than going in saying to myself "I don't want to be here today". For example, if I'm on shift with a colleague I really like, or I'm getting extra pay or something. If I find myself feeling demotivated whilst on shift, I think of something really positive/enjoyable I'll be doing after my shift (seeing friends/boyfriend, gaming, etc.) and I tell myself that working this shift is my way of "earning" whatever activity I'm doing after work. 

It does make me laugh though when filthy rich/famous people talk about working hard and "grafting". Don't get me wrong, I know some rich people work ridiculously hard and their jobs are their lives, but I'm sure you find much more motivation going into work if you're earning millions, opposed to a regular person working in a minimum wage job who's only choice is to work long hours to provide, buy food, and put a roof over their head. Plus, it's hard to find motivation in a dead-end job that pays you the absolute minimum they can legally get away with. :toofunny3:

FACTS!  Thank you for that perspective and ill add that to my routine. Good luck with getting your masters, I can't imagine how incredibly difficult that must be especially with how things are going for the common people. Don't feel sorry for rich people. Most of them choose to overwork themselves while we have no choice but to. 

I love my job, so far I am motivated into posting content on my OnlyFans since money is pouring in

2 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

I love my job, so far I am motivated into posting content on my OnlyFans since money is pouring in

Love that for you 

295279206_ezgif.com-gif-maker(2).thumb.g

2 hours ago, st3fanj said:

Pay day and having a crush. :gaycat4:

Nobody at my job is cute lol. Plus I only see them over zoom so it wouldn't be the same.

Edited by ANTIclimatic

I work on my passions and creativity outside of work. 

By streaming gospel album folklore 

i dont

I work from home so even though I don't like my job, at least I can do whatever the **** I want because no one's watching me :dies: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.