How do you stay motivated to work?

ANTIclimatic

I genuinely hate waking up and going to work. I hate having a significant portion of my days taken up while somehow still not being able to support myself and the threat of bills and homelessness isn't doing it for me anymore.

If the fear of homelessness and starvation isn’t enough…:rip:

When I feel lazy and unmotivated, I convince myself that I’m going to be fired so I start to put a little effort in, at least for a few hours. :rip: Definitely not healthy but it usually works! 

In order to be able to do and buy whatever I want, along with having a home and car,  I have to work. I’m absolutely miserable at work but I make too much and have a fair amount of freedom to just say **** it and quit. 

15 minutes ago, PMKARDASHIAN said:

In order to be able to do and buy whatever I want, along with having a home and car,  I have to work. I’m absolutely miserable at work but I make too much and have a fair amount of freedom to just say **** it and quit. 

What do you do?

19 minutes ago, pxxxtrick said:

When I feel lazy and unmotivated, I convince myself that I’m going to be fired so I start to put a little effort in, at least for a few hours. :rip: Definitely not healthy but it usually works! 

I think I've gotten over my fear of being fired lol

31 minutes ago, Pheromosa said:

If the fear of homelessness and starvation isn’t enough…:rip:

Failure under capitalism doesn't scare me anymore lol

6 minutes ago, ANTIclimatic said:

What do you do?

I work in nursing 

5 minutes ago, PMKARDASHIAN said:

I work in nursing 

That's cool. Was it hard getting your degree? My sister is trying to become a nurse and her course load right now is crazy

Edited by ANTIclimatic

i really ******* hate my job too, and to make things worse I reported a colleague to HR for discrimination and bullying so my motivation is at an all time low

but

giphy.gif

(thankfully i have a job interview later this week)

5 minutes ago, ANTIclimatic said:

That's cool. Was it hard getting your degree? My sister is trying to become a nurse and her course load right now is crazy

The course work is absolutely unbelievable. Your sister won’t have a life outside of school until she graduates, and everything from here on out will be nothing but school work, homework, projects, clinicals, stress and so on. 
The job, if you love it, is rewarding, depending on the field of nursing you go into. I personally should have not gotten into the medical field because I absolutely despise it, which is common for a lot of nurses I know. 

2 minutes ago, PMKARDASHIAN said:

The course work is absolutely unbelievable. Your sister won’t have a life outside of school until she graduates, and everything from here on out will be nothing but school work, homework, projects, clinicals, stress and so on. 
The job, if you love it, is rewarding, depending on the field of nursing you go into. I personally should have not gotten into the medical field because I absolutely despise it, which is common for a lot of nurses I know. 

Oh no :dancehall: sorry it turned out that way but it's understandable because of how much they overwork ya'll

53 minutes ago, TaylorNation said:

i really ******* hate my job too, and to make things worse I reported a colleague to HR for discrimination and bullying so my motivation is at an all time low

but

giphy.gif

(thankfully i have a job interview later this week)

I'm sorry that happened to you. F*ck that person and F*ck that job!

10 minutes ago, EdgeofTeeth said:

My ADHD meds :rip: But before that, it was the fear of getting fired

I'm happy your meds are working for you. I hear once you're properly educated for ADHD your whole world changes.

16 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

I don’t. It’s hell. I’ve been looking for a new job.

I just got this job and wouldn't mind leaving either. Hope you find a new and better job soon.

It's important to have a job that you can find enjoyment in, it doesn't have to be a profession, just something that you don't mind doing. If you're bored, switch to a new company, give yourself a new environment to be in. Obviously only if that opportunity is available and realistic to you. Going back to school and learning something new is also an option if you're really stuck in the area you work in at the moment. There's financial constraints to all of it but you can do anything in time. 

The power of the internet to forge a career for yourself is also a powerful thing, I worked a desk job just a couple of years ago and today I make a very comfortable living working for myself remotely. You can do anything with enough ambition :matty:

i'm only motivated when i have a new project/challenge and i work like a machine when these kind of thing come to me -- so the company always trusts me on new things and i think that's why they seems very satisfied with me even if, being very honest,  from to time to time i spend like months doing only the bare minimum between new projects or challenges. 

I work at Marketing and Channel Partner Representative, so when i dont have a new challenge i just keep doing the bureaucracy of partnership and social media / website handling (very easy since we don't sell thru social media) and when i have a new product/project i work my ass off to make it sell with strategies and stuff. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.