Loren Allred gets Golden Buzzer on BGT with own song, "Never Enough"

Kamil24

Such an interesting moment. The fact that she is the singer of "Never Enough", which is a singing show staple, but has to audition for a show like this. She killed it btw :clap3:

Update, her statement:

Even though I have spent a lot of years in the music industry, people don’t know who I am. Over all these years I’ve been fighting for my chance to be known and to make it. 

The opportunity to sing “Never Enough” evolved from being a session singer in the choir, and even though the song was a big success, people still think that the actress sang it. I have never gotten the opportunity to tell my story. That’s never happened for me.

I am an unsigned, independent artist still trying to make a name for myself

Edited by Kamil24

guess the coins ran out since the greatest showman is a mid-to-late 2010s fad

She deserves a big career, she is so talented!

She's amazing but this is humiliating, auditioning and on top of that with her own song. :deadbanana:

2 minutes ago, Grown K said:

She's amazing but this is humiliating, auditioning and on top of that with her own song. :deadbanana:

yeah like wtf

but at least its working for her :jonny4:

She has such a gorgeous tone, and the fact she's hitting those notes so effortlessly, wow :flame: 

The clapping in slowmo was so over the top tho :ahh: 

14 minutes ago, Grown K said:

This. :rip: She has been done so wrong. 

This is the first time I see her. I only knew her name.

Good for her tho. This will help her a lot. Publicity that she will get since BGT will be aired in so many countries.

Nothing to be embarassed or ashamed

A lot of the contestants on these shows are “scouted” and invited to audition by producers, wouldn’t surprise me if that’s what’s happened here, she probably signed a contract for a guaranteed golden buzzer dddd

also, since when did a new series of BGT start? I’m so out of the loop :rip:

Isn’t this technically cheating? Having a singer of a popular song singing that said song that she knows in and out  in a audition taking a spot of someone who never even had a song in a movie let alone a commercial just feels wrong. But I’m sure this happens more often then not without people noticing. 

She has a singing career but never got that big break (even after The Voice, after TGS...)

Singing in others' shows/concerts & singing covers won't make you a big star most of the time.

I know she's in David Foster's shows but tbh that's like being a backup singer, people went to see David + multiple artists not just Loren so I can understand why she did this (still weird tho), at best she can get some attention and maybe a record deal even if she doesn't win

She released an album but I don't know if she's signed. She's very talented so I hope she find some success after this

I wouldn't be surprised if BGT invited her to do this. I also find it weird that Simon doesn't know she sang the song in the movie, TGS was huge in the UK, the GP might not know this but he's in the industry so he should know.

3 hours ago, Grown K said:

I could be wrong but I don’t think it’s her song. I think she just provided reference vocals, a step above a demo. Though I’m still shocked she has to do this Cus she has performed this song on at least 2 TV shows so she has industry connections. I’m surprised she didn’t/ doesn’t have a deal. She’s easy on the eyes too so it’s not like she’s not marketable. 

6 minutes ago, Bey'Knight said:

I could be wrong but I don’t think it’s her song. I think she just provided reference vocals, a step above a demo. Though I’m still shocked she has to do this Cus she has performed this song on at least 2 TV shows so she has industry connections. I’m surprised she didn’t/ doesn’t have a deal. She’s easy on the eyes too so it’s not like she’s not marketable. 

it's cuz she brings nothing to the table in terms of getting her mainstream. She's rather dull and her tone is as well.

With that said, she has potential for a broadway career. I wonder why she isn't trying that angle. I am almost certain she'd have WAY more luck there and could make a mark there.

3 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

it's cuz she brings nothing to the table in terms of getting her mainstream. She's rather dull and her tone is as well.

With that said, she has potential for a broadway career. I wonder why she isn't trying that angle. I am almost certain she'd have WAY more luck there and could make a mark there.

I would’ve thought she could mimic a Celine Dion career path. Obviously not that level of success, but pulling from her landscape. The era of full time balladeers is bygone I guess. 

11 minutes ago, Bey'Knight said:

I would’ve thought she could mimic a Celine Dion career path. Obviously not that level of success, but pulling from her landscape. The era of full time balladeers is bygone I guess. 

if she was in the 90s she deff could have pulled a career like that for sure sadly now a days big vocals means nothing tbh. it's all about tone and how moody you can be. This girl is too cookie cutter and she seems a lot older too. Too tough to debut at this point in mainstream music. But still musicals and broadway are still super welcoming places for artists like her who can sort of seem "faceless" but that they have lots of talent and big voices etc! I really hope she snatches herself a good and realistic agent who can guide her that route because otherwise she will keep chasing this mainstream route and keep being disappointed. She just doesnt have that x factor for today's music market.

Fair play to her :clap3: 

This is 100% a production scripted moment :skull: Simon Cowell acting like this is being "exposed" for the first time... that Rebecca Ferguson didn't actually sing.

There seriously must have been something very wrong in her career to make her need to come on Britains Got Talent... this entire thing is confusing and weird.

1 hour ago, Bey'Knight said:

It's her song in the same way I Will Always Love You is Whitney' song. The vocals on the song are hers, she performed the song countless times.

She released a statement in regards to some of the criticism:

Even though I have spent a lot of years in the music industry, people don’t know who I am. Over all these years I’ve been fighting for my chance to be known and to make it. 

The opportunity to sing “Never Enough” evolved from being a session singer in the choir, and even though the song was a big success, people still think that the actress sang it. I have never gotten the opportunity to tell my story. That’s never happened for me.

I am an unsigned, independent artist still trying to make a name for myself

sometimes previously mildly successful artists will go on these shows.

I remember Paula DeAnda on the voice

Edited by fridayteenage

She's immensely talented and deserves much more focus and attention, but this is really strange. Why is she even allowed on Britain's Got Talent? She's not from here and she doesn't live her. So what's the point?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.