Extremely rare case of Chinese people protesting government

JoshBTW

37 minutes ago, JoshBTW said:

Do you believe not discussing this issue and not talking about the protests of people in Shanghai serves their interests better? Please enlighten us as to what we should be doing, Domination. 

I don’t know, maybe doing anything other than spreading Western media propaganda to vilify the CPP and pretending it’s some altruistic act because you care for the people of Shanghai? I don’t see y’all advocating for humanitarian causes that don’t involve the Chinese government day in and day out :matty:

These extreme measures were understandable for the short lockdowns but Shanghai has been locked down for weeks and people can’t even go out to walk their pets. People can’t be expected to live like this.

10 hours ago, Red Mage said:

You realize their Covid death numbers are 1000% manufactured right? Citizens have to register with their wireless companies, and they SUDDENLY had millions of subscriptions drop off. That doesn’t happen out of nowhere. 

Don’t be dense, but maybe that’s how you are. You sound like a shill of the CCP. Bless your heart. 

China can hide some things but they couldn’t cover up millions of deaths and their healthcare system would collapse entirely if Covid had broken out on this scale.

13 hours ago, frenchyisback said:

Remember when our resident CCP mouthpiece told us the Chinese lockdowns were not extreme & that it was all western propaganda? :gaycat6:

no worry they're busy citing China state-affiliated media as source for just how wonderful the CCP is :fan: 

Mess. My heart goes out to these poor people. Zero covid but at what cost? People lose their jobs, can't access medication, their mental health is heavily affected.. not to mention the poor animals being killed. Yes, the US handling of the pandemic is not perfect, but truth is we can't lock ourselves up forever. Covid is something we need to learn to live with. While the rest of the world is forgetting about it already, China is still treating it like the plague. 

On 4/17/2022 at 11:39 PM, Domination said:

I don’t know, maybe doing anything other than spreading Western media propaganda to vilify the CPP and pretending it’s some altruistic act because you care for the people of Shanghai? I don’t see y’all advocating for humanitarian causes that don’t involve the Chinese government day in and day out :matty:

Should I quote CCP approved propaganda? I’m sure you’d find that more reliable. The CCP doesn’t need to be vilified I’ll leave that to crazies like trump, the facts speak for themselves.

Speak for yourself about advocating for humanitarian causes, cause you don’t know me or probably anyone in this forum personally to speak of that. 

On 4/17/2022 at 11:35 PM, Communion said:

It is a bit odd that you're seemingly more interested in talking about Chinese people and not interrogating directly what Chinese people are saying and if it confirms or contrasts your preconceived notions you've already decided about China. A certain political faction are often framed as denying atrocities, but the way you speak of China gives off the impression of someone hoping to find atrocities, like a Christian missionary embarking on a journey to some African nation hoping to find a people ready to be mold and melded. 

How do you reconcile that the the vast majority of Chinese citizens support zero-COVID and do you not think your co-opting of criticisms against places like the Shanghainese officials about poor management to push your own agendas doesn't just harm the people you claim concern over?

I mean, from the OP alone, the claim about the people being forced out of their apartments seems apparently untrue and intentionally misreported on:

(Hopefully you don't hold Andy not being ethnic Chinese against him given you've defended Laowhy and Serpentza's claims to expertise). 

Do you ever get tired of framing your own opinions and biases to inaccurately describe someone’s line of thought? I stopped reading at the ridiculous comparison with Christian missionaries in Africa. Keep rambling on, per usual.

Zero COVID is about face saving and proving that the great leader's choice is the right one.

Nothing like the pragmatic democracies moving on with COVID. There might be some small blimps on the graph while discotheques, concert venues, festivals,... are fully loaded. If the festival season started last weekend isn't bumping up the stats, unlimited tourism this Summer. Only the energy, food,... prices could make people too poor to travel.

Edited by katykater

22 hours ago, JoshBTW said:

Should I quote CCP approved propaganda? I’m sure you’d find that more reliable. The CCP doesn’t need to be vilified I’ll leave that to crazies like trump, the facts speak for themselves.

Speak for yourself about advocating for humanitarian causes, cause you don’t know me or probably anyone in this forum personally to speak of that. 

I think you should just sit there and eat your food since you are doing net zero good for the people of Shanghai if not actively harming them by spreading biased propaganda. You don’t have to like, support, or be uncritical of the CCP but don’t bring innocent civilians into this under the guise of altruism.

China is risking every single employer moving jobs, factories,... across the borders:

Even the Chinese companies know how to set up production in other countries. If Xiaomi is selling phones in another Asian country, it's because they have increased their production capacity by building factories in that country.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.