Hikaru Utada & Warren Hue - “T”

EyesOnMe

I live for new Hikki music, I’m just not happy that they’re associating themselves with 88rising. Either way, cute sing.

6 minutes ago, Kirby Kirbs said:

I live for new Hikki music, I’m just not happy that they’re associating themselves with 88rising. Either way, cute sing.

I'm curious what's wrong with being associated with 88rising or what is it with 88rising?

16 minutes ago, LightningPH said:

I'm curious what's wrong with being associated with 88rising or what is it with 88rising?

88rising is a collective of Asian American artists making music consumed by mostly ppl of the same community, more prominently SoCal asian americans to be exact. The artists themselves are pretty chill and I don’t have any problem with them, its more their fans that are a turn off for me. More often than not, these fans that I’ve encountered appropriate black culture & use the n-word regularly :deadbanana2:

That’s why I don’t want Utada to start attracting this certain type of crowd now. Maybe the occasional song with an artist is fine but I don’t want more than that :dies:

Im cringing that someone like her would collab with him and stoop to their level :/

I might have to unstan now chile there are a lot of things i can look past but i would have never saw this coming

88rising and fanbase have a HORRIBLE reputation in CA for being racist cringy tryhards, maybe she doesnt know if shes not from area. This is what i will keep telling myself

Edited by cyclone

3 hours ago, cyclone said:

Im cringing that someone like her would collab with him and stoop to their level :/

I might have to unstan now chile there are a lot of things i can look past but i would have never saw this coming

88rising and fanbase have a HORRIBLE reputation in CA for being racist cringy tryhards, maybe she doesnt know if shes not from area. This is what i will keep telling myself

That's the thing...Utada doesn't live in the US. Japan is her primary residence, New York is her 'second home.' You can't expect her to know the reputation they have in CA, I certainly didn't know 88rising had that kind of reputation in Cali. 

21 minutes ago, Jormungand said:

That's the thing...Utada doesn't live in the US. Japan is her primary residence, New York is her 'second home.' You can't expect her to know the reputation they have in CA, I certainly didn't know 88rising had that kind of reputation in Cali. 

Actually Utada hasn't lived in Japan for literally more than 12 years lmao

She lives in London. It's her only home and where she raises her son.

15 minutes ago, rcksluke said:

Actually Utada hasn't lived in Japan for literally more than 12 years lmao

She lives in London. It's her only home and where she raises her son.

OK and I still stand by what I said about not expecting her to know everything that goes on in the state of California with a record label's stans. I know of 88rising and live in the state of Florida, that's where it stops. 

what a damn disrespectful for hikki from those stinky rat crowd, their vocal also explain why they did short set but diss the label asap, im disbelief how bas it was

so ******** livid, that being said, the song is cute.

she needs to collab with ayumi hamasaki and not these talentless upcoming asian americans

Would she even collab with these idiots if they werent the only mainstream asians in american music? This is so embarrassing for our community and the culture as a whole

Cute song! I've never heard of 88rising, so it was so random to see that she was part of their set.

A shame to see that they have a bad rap. I hope she isn't aware of this and associating her name with them despite this...

On 4/16/2022 at 10:41 PM, Kirby Kirbs said:

On 4/16/2022 at 11:12 PM, Kirby Kirbs said:

88rising is a collective of Asian American artists making music consumed by mostly ppl of the same community, more prominently SoCal asian americans to be exact. The artists themselves are pretty chill and I don’t have any problem with them, its more their fans that are a turn off for me. More often than not, these fans that I’ve encountered appropriate black culture & use the n-word regularly :deadbanana2:

That’s why I don’t want Utada to start attracting this certain type of crowd now. Maybe the occasional song with an artist is fine but I don’t want more than that :dies:

On 4/16/2022 at 11:15 PM, cyclone said:

22 hours ago, Jormungand said:

22 hours ago, Jormungand said:

OK and I still stand by what I said about not expecting her to know everything that goes on in the state of California with a record label's stans. I know of 88rising and live in the state of Florida, that's where it stops. 

10 hours ago, cyclone said:

Would she even collab with these idiots if they werent the only mainstream asians in american music? This is so embarrassing for our community and the culture as a whole

Chill guys, this is Hikki, she is not known for being problematic, insensible or for doing things that may be harmful to others. 

She was invited to work with a group of fellow Asian Americans, maybe she don't know about the bad things regarding the label or the people in it, she lives in a very private personal bubble with her son, family members and close friends.

She is now more a London person than a Japanese or American person, she was just invited to do a cute thing in the most popular festival worldwide. Let her do the thing without thinking the worst. 

Let her have her moment, she deserves it. 

1 hour ago, Roger said:

Chill guys, this is Hikki, she is not known for being problematic, insensible or for doing things that may be harmful to others. 

She was invited to work with a group of fellow Asian Americans, maybe she don't know about the bad things regarding the label or the people in it, she lives in a very private personal bubble with her son, family members and close friends.

She is now more a London person than a Japanese or American person, she was just invited to do a cute thing in the most popular festival worldwide. Let her do the thing without thinking the worst. 

Let her have her moment, she deserves it. 

This. We are talking about a person who mostly uses social media to post random stuff they see on the street :rip:

8 hours ago, EyesOnMe said:

This. We are talking about a person who mostly uses social media to post random stuff they see on the street :rip:

Right? I don't understand what's the fuzz about. 

It's pretty simple: she was invited to support a label with mant Asian American artists. It was an epic night for any Asian pop fan with Hikki returning to perform in the US for the first time in 12 YEARS (!!!!) and having the return of the 2NE1 girls performing on stage for the first time in 6 years.

That's it. No brainer, just fun. 

It's not like Hikki was a big friend of everyone involved or that she is moving to that label or whatever. She was just a guest and we all should be proud of her for being in ******* Coachella.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.