"Libs of Tiktok" anti-gay, anti-trans Twitter exposed as a Jan 6th insurrectionist

Communion

So this is the freedom of speech the right wing and musk wants? I figured considering all of his right wing retweeted and posts lately 

Taylor Lorenz did a great expose, a great piece of journalism and a great expose. Contrary to right-wing belief, she didn't "doxx" this individual because the information was out there and already online.

1 hour ago, Bethenny Frankel said:

Taylor Lorenz did a great expose, a great piece of journalism and a great expose. Contrary to right-wing belief, she didn't "doxx" this individual because the information was out there and already online.

Even if an individual's information is publicly available, publishing it for broad audience consumption for the purpose of inciting harassment and threats on their life is still doxxing.

This forum permabanned an individual for using a poster's real name that was a attached to their Twitter account. It will also permaban you for posting a user's pictures that they have shared on Twitter. You might want to protect scumbags like Lorenz, but what she has done throughout her entire career is pretty inexcusable and is universally accepted as doxxing.

On 4/27/2022 at 11:04 PM, ClashAndBurn said:

Even if an individual's information is publicly available, publishing it for broad audience consumption for the purpose of inciting harassment and threats on their life is still doxxing.

This forum permabanned an individual for using a poster's real name that was a attached to their Twitter account. It will also permaban you for posting a user's pictures that they have shared on Twitter. You might want to protect scumbags like Lorenz, but what she has done throughout her entire career is pretty inexcusable and is universally accepted as doxxing.

I mean, you can believe Taylor may want that person to  be harassed, but isn't finding out who is behind influential political operations (that get aired in the biggest TV network) and who is funding them like... journalism 101? I do grant that revealing who it is might not really affect much of its impact, but further a victimization narrative that the right wing loves to have for themselves. 

I've taken a look at the account itself and it's just re-posting videos with captions smearing teachers and educators as "groomers" and "pedos" simply because they are openly LGBTQ at work or supportive of their LGBTQ students. You may find a couple cringy or poorly worded videos, but if I didn't look at it myself I would have thought they were showing p0rnhub on the classroom, but no, just existing positively as an LGBTQ+ person brands you a pervert. 

18 hours ago, Eric. said:

I mean, you can believe Taylor may want that person to  be harassed, but isn't finding out who is behind influential political operations (that get aired in the biggest TV network) and who is funding them like... journalism 101? I do grant that revealing who it is might not really affect much of its impact, but further a victimization narrative that the right wing loves to have for themselves. 

I've taken a look at the account itself and it's just re-posting videos with captions smearing teachers and educators as "groomers" and "pedos" simply because they are openly LGBTQ at work or supportive of their LGBTQ students. You may find a couple cringy or poorly worded videos, but if I didn't look at it myself I would have thought they were showing p0rnhub on the classroom, but no, just existing positively as an LGBTQ+ person brands you a pervert. 

That is... kind of the point I'm getting at. I think you know me and where I stand on issues like this and I don't condone LibsofTikTok and what they do. But by publishing personal information of this person, not just her name but also her address, Lorenz has basically legitimized the victim complex that these Right Wingers have for themselves. Do these people think about the ramifications in store for the victims that they post out-of-context clips for in order to get them fired? Of course they don't - they don't care and think their victims are subhuman anyway. That said, the victimhood narrative tends to drive up sympathy for the right due to the fact that America is a center-right country (at best) and the most politically active citizens more or less agree with LibsofTikTok's abhorrent view that LGBT teachers are degenerate groomers and pedophiles.

TLDR: IMO, Lorenz has done more harm than good by expanding LibsofTikTok's platform by almost double what it was before (more than 1 million followers currently).

• 3 weeks later...

I love this account. She's doing great work!

42 minutes ago, Lyrique said:

I love this account. She's doing great work!

Surely there's a better way to go about trolling with a dupe than acting as obvious like this? :deadbanana4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.