Your thoughts on the city of Chicago

Bears01

My hometown. Third biggest city in the United States. A landmark city in terms of modern skyscrapers. 

For everyone who has visited, wanted to visit, or lived there: what are your thots? 

I visited it in 2019 and I absolutely love it. In fact, it's my favorite city. It unfairly gets a bad reputation because of its crime rates, but it's such an amazing city and I want to move there someday.

Loved it, loved it, loved it! My fav city in the US. It's so beautiful and FUN! 

I love it. It's absolutely under rated

The airport is hard to deal with but the beach is so good

Oprah love it too 

thought of moving there after college but never did

i just wanna visit the starbucks reserve they have there and maybe the mcdonald’s with the international menu ? 

Fun for a summer weekend trip, but would never want to live there year round. 

I live like 30 minutes away and it’s an amazing city :wanda:

Avoid at all cost. Full of carjackings, shootings, and violent crimes every day. Proof: I live here.

You must wear a bulletproof vest. Every day there may be your last. 

35 minutes ago, Tropez said:

You must wear a bulletproof vest. Every day there may be your last. 

I’m there everyday for work and there has never been a shooting around me 

there seems to be a pretty thriving gay scene but the weather is nasty. i really wanna go to visit, i’ve only stopped at the airport(s) there :gaycat6: the skyline is gorgeous

Messy, but beautiful. Love the chaos.

Edited by TheFameCurse

Probably the most beautiful and sensibly designed city in the US. Navigation is incredibly easy, the public transit is excellent and the architecture is stunning. And on top of all that, the rent is surprisingly cheap. And don't get me started on the men :gaycat3:

Living there was one of the happiest times of my life. I was at the epicenter of the riots and the subsequent crimewaves that followed and I ended up leaving, but I miss it dearly.

My dad is from there and his entire family lives there so I essentially spent my childhood there during summers and vacations. I absolutely adore it for the sole fact that it holds so many good memories from when I was a child/teenager. 

7 hours ago, Bears01 said:

I’m there everyday for work and there has never been a shooting around me 

Doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen. People get killed everyday. I haven’t been killed yet, doesn’t mean murder doesn’t happen. 

I hope I visit one day and ride the Metra train

keke-palmer.jpg?w=1600&h=1600&q=88&f=1aa8015c6d35a95eee111d63de4512df

I really enjoy living here, but it has some major issues such as the pension crisis, underfunded CPS, potholes and old, crumbling bridges that need desperate repairs or a redo, the occasional corrupt politics, the police force being short-staffed leading a rise in carjacking and other crimes, and gang violence on the South and West side of Chicago. However, here are some positives I really love about Chicago: I can get around fairly easy using the city's public transit system so I save a lot of money by using it instead of Uber/Lyft, great food scene, a thriving gay community in Northalsted and Andersonville, a lot of developments happening around the city (Fulton Market/West Loop, Hyde Park, Lincoln Yard), more investments happening in low income areas of Chicago, and of course the lakefront with the beaches. I love biking along the lakefront! The only thing I can do without is the brutal winter we get here lol. Overall, it's a great city to live in despite its numerous flaws like every cities have. It's more affordable to live here than some cities like NYC or LA but it depends on what suits you!

Chicago is cool but it’s just too much. Even the drivers didn’t know how to really get around the city lol. Cute for a vacay but it’d be overwhelming to live there especially as a driver. 

You have the worst airport I've ever been too, literally a mess :rip: I am so glad I am avoiding that on my next trip BUT overall Chicago seems nice!

11 hours ago, JustHoran said:

You have the worst airport I've ever been too, literally a mess :rip: I am so glad I am avoiding that on my next trip BUT overall Chicago seems nice!

Depends which one you’re talking about. Midway or Ohare, I agree Ohare can be……..not fun 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.