Shania Twain

JuanXito

It's sad that the biggest female singer of the late 90s only has three pages on this thread.

Well now four lol.

Edited by schnetzka

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gagacasanova

• TheGreatestX

• allforyou

• GiftFromGod

5 minutes ago, schnetzka said:

It's sad that the biggest female singer of the late 90s only has three pages on this thread.

Well now four lol.

Makes sense tbh, country music doesn't have a big following on here 

She's still a legend tho !

• 2 weeks later...

This base is so… dead. :chick3:

• 3 weeks later...

This instrumental *chef's kiss*

• 1 month later...

Hinting at a new Vegas residency in her latest post?!

• 1 month later...

Queen is serving 100% live (and amazing) vocals & we love to see it :clap3:

I'm making this my official entrance and introduction to the Shania base thread! Hello fellow stans! It's so nice to be able to connect with the Shania army. :heart2:

I have been a fan of Shania Twain since before I could speak. I was a tiny little thing glued to the TV set waiting for her music videos to appear on CMT. My mom had me join the fan club in the late 90s and I still have most of those newsletters. I remember her dropping the tracks from Up! early on her website; I think it was like 1 song per day leading up to the release. I remember the day I woke up and read the news about her divorce. My ass RAN to my mom's room and we were both so shook together. 

I've been fortunate enough to see her in concert twice now, once in 2018 and once this year. I also run a fan page on Instagram with the handle iheartshaniatwain. That has been so fun and rewarding especially with her official account following it, commenting, and reposting once in a while. I've also had interactions from Gavin Degraw who opened for her on tour and recently Bryan White who is on the OG duet version of FTMO as well as other notable accounts like Live Nation. I love sharing old clips that people have never seen!

Some thoughts I have:

• "You've Got a Way" should have won Song of the Year at the 2000 Grammy Awards and I am willing to die on that hill. 
  • Shania needs to make this damn Christmas album that she has been talking about since like 1999. 
  • We also need a Duets album (Swift? Reba? Twenty One Pilots? Drake?) and an acoustic album!
  • I would love to see her collab with Alison Krauss & Union Station one more time, a la Up! Close & Personal special. 
  • Diamond edition of TWIM was executed so well and I need someone to explain me what the hell happened with COO. The "new" tracks are random AF and I don't understand how we only got ONE remix from that era. Gimme Soul Solution Remix of YSTO, gimme Love to Infinity Remix of YGAW, gimme The Right Version of FTMO! And I KNOW there are demo versions of these songs. 

In conclusion, Shania Twain is an innovator, a trailblazer, and a pioneer for women in music. The fact that her personal tragedies have fueled her success inspires me daily. Queen of having multiple mixes for just about every song, queen of music videos, queen of ME. 

spacer.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, iheartshania said:

I'm making this my official entrance and introduction to the Shania base thread! Hello fellow stans! It's so nice to be able to connect with the Shania army. :heart2:

I have been a fan of Shania Twain since before I could speak. I was a tiny little thing glued to the TV set waiting for her music videos to appear on CMT. My mom had me join the fan club in the late 90s and I still have most of those newsletters. I remember her dropping the tracks from Up! early on her website; I think it was like 1 song per day leading up to the release. I remember the day I woke up and read the news about her divorce. My ass RAN to my mom's room and we were both so shook together. 

I've been fortunate enough to see her in concert twice now, once in 2018 and once this year. I also run a fan page on Instagram with the handle iheartshaniatwain. That has been so fun and rewarding especially with her official account following it, commenting, and reposting once in a while. I've also had interactions from Gavin Degraw who opened for her on tour and recently Bryan White who is on the OG duet version of FTMO as well as other notable accounts like Live Nation. I love sharing old clips that people have never seen!

Some thoughts I have:

• "You've Got a Way" should have won Song of the Year at the 2000 Grammy Awards and I am willing to die on that hill. 
  • Shania needs to make this damn Christmas album that she has been talking about since like 1999. 
  • We also need a Duets album (Swift? Reba? Twenty One Pilots? Drake?) and an acoustic album!
  • I would love to see her collab with Alison Krauss & Union Station one more time, a la Up! Close & Personal special. 
  • Diamond edition of TWIM was executed so well and I need someone to explain me what the hell happened with COO. The "new" tracks are random AF and I don't understand how we only got ONE remix from that era. Gimme Soul Solution Remix of YSTO, gimme Love to Infinity Remix of YGAW, gimme The Right Version of FTMO! And I KNOW there are demo versions of these songs. 

In conclusion, Shania Twain is an innovator, a trailblazer, and a pioneer for women in music. The fact that her personal tragedies have fueled her success inspires me daily. Queen of having multiple mixes for just about every song, queen of music videos, queen of ME. 

spacer.png

Welcome to the base! The base sadly isn't as active as the rest of them, as the country genre really doesn't have an active following on the forum. Been a fan since '99. Come On Over is my all-time favorite album. Ive seen her on the Now & Queen of Me tours, both very fantastic shows :heart:

- I definitely agree with YGAW's Grammy Nomination. Absolutely one of my favorite tracks.

- a Christmas record wouldn't be such a bad thing. Her Xmas collaborations are absolutely beautiful. A lot of records would fit her style - pure pop, acoustic, Xmas, collaborations, etc.

- I feel the exact same with the COO Diamond Version. Have a Disc for remixes and a Disc for the live performances. But I'm not really into live recordings anyway. But I have plenty of her Singles in CD format, which have various remixes, so I can go on with that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iheartshania said:

Some thoughts I have:

spacer.png

It was heart-warming! I was there last night, floor front left section. She looked so beautiful, gorgeous and delicate.

I really enjoyed the show, much better than I expected. Loved hearing my fav songs live :heart2:

spacer.png

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, gagacasanova said:

I'm so glad they're finally releasing this on vinyl :jonny:  Also I'm slightly annoyed that they didn't include Today Is Your Day

Got to see her on this tour and got HOOKED on Up! album :clap:

I had an Up! / Final Fantasy 16 (yeah I'm weird like that) avi for a while, I think I'll put that one back. 

It's incredible how 99% of the audience were folks around my age (25). Men and women. 

45 minutes ago, allforyou said:

I'm so glad they're finally releasing this on vinyl :jonny:  Also I'm slightly annoyed that they didn't include Today Is Your Day

Kinda shocked they didn't add Waking Up Dreaming since it made some noise on AC radio

• 2 weeks later...

Happy to see her get a European hit with Unhealthy.

She needs to collab with Taylor and get a hit stateside.

• 1 month later...

I've been rediscovering TWIM, CCO and Up

Such a perfect trilogy of albums. I'm really digging Up, I didn't remember it to be that good... Thank you baby might be one of my favorite Shania tracks... So good...

She's an amazing artist and an amazing woman!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Come On Over Vegas Residency Setlist

1. Don't Be Stupid

2. Love Gets Me Every Time

3. You Win My Love

4. Waking Up Dreaming

5. Up

6. Gonna Getcha Good

7. Still the One

8. No One Needs to Know

9. Forever and for Always

10. Come On Over

11. Any Man of Mine

12. Giddy Up

13. Ain't No Quitter

14. Boots

15. Honey I'm Home

16. From This Moment On

17. Don't Impress Me Much

18. Party for Two

19. Rock This Country

20. I'm Outta Here

21. Man I Feel like a Woman

8 hours ago, gagacasanova said:

Come On Over Vegas Residency Setlist

1. Don't Be Stupid

2. Love Gets Me Every Time

3. You Win My Love

4. Waking Up Dreaming

5. Up

6. Gonna Getcha Good

7. Still the One

8. No One Needs to Know

9. Forever and for Always

10. Come On Over

11. Any Man of Mine

12. Giddy Up

13. Ain't No Quitter

14. Boots

15. Honey I'm Home

16. From This Moment On

17. Don't Impress Me Much

18. Party for Two

19. Rock This Country

20. I'm Outta Here

21. Man I Feel like a Woman

For a residency called Come on Over, I was expecting more songs from Come on Over. 

• Like 1

On 5/15/2024 at 10:36 AM, gagacasanova said:

Came to post this! So excited!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.