Better Call Saul | Final Season | Series Finale August 15

DoctorIce

Season 6 Part 1 premiers Tuesday 19th April | 100% Rotten Tomatoes, 93 Metacritic

**** me up Vince Gilligan. :jonnycat: One of the top 10 shows of all time, why?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marla Singer

• Wicked

• McNulty

• DoctorIce

Watching season 5 on Netflix right now.  

Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston being back for the final season is definitely hyping me up.  

I’m currently watching S5 too. I’m gonna try to finish before I go back to work on Tuesday + S6 is fast approaching! 

8 hours ago, TeamThiem said:

Watching season 5 on Netflix right now.  

Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston being back for the final season is definitely hyping me up.  

6 hours ago, Kings. said:

I’m currently watching S5 too. I’m gonna try to finish before I go back to work on Tuesday + S6 is fast approaching! 

You're not ready for the last few episodes. 

This show is criminally underrated. It's just as good as Breaking Bad. The performances from the actors who play Jimmy/Saul, Kim, Mike, Gus, Chuck, Lalo, Nacho, Howard and more are all superb, as is the character development. The cinematography is amazing, especially for a TV show.

I'm excited for the final season and seeing how they cross over into the Breaking Bad timeline, and beyond it.

I'm glad Bob Odenkirk is OK and healthy again too. I didn't expect we would be getting this season so soon after his heart attack, they must have had most of the show filmed already when it happened.

• 2 weeks later...

Every episode has been great so far but OMG at the latest :jonny:

Nacho went out like a legend

:cries: I really hope his father stays safe or it was all for nothing.

This season so far is looking like a smash.

22 hours ago, Marla Singer said:

Every episode has been great so far but OMG at the latest :jonny:

Hide contents

Nacho went out like a legend

:cries: I really hope his father stays safe or it was all for nothing.

Spoiler

The way he looked at Gus Fring when he was trash talking him as the chicken man… you know that was real direct feedback

ugh and mike! You could tell he was devastated by nacho shooting himself

Just started Season 6 today.

Nacho, you in danger girl!  The cowboy boot bros and Lalo are coming to snatch the skin off your bald head.  

• 4 weeks later...

Sticky-Note-board-in-Better-Call-Saul.jp

9drrrcryy6191.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

Happy D-Day! Pray for Kim :jonnycat:

That mid season finale.... Wow.

That's all Kim & Jimmys fault. Howard wouldn't have even been there if it wasn't for what they did. Lalo killing Howard was instant, Howard wasn't going to make it out of there once he saw Lalo; he was a witness.

That finale...I...

35 minutes ago, Wicked said:

That mid season finale.... Wow.

Reveal hidden contents

That's all Kim & Jimmys fault. Howard wouldn't have even been there if it wasn't for what they did. Lalo killing Howard was instant, Howard wasn't going to make it out of there once he saw Lalo; he was a witness.

Yea, this is completely on them.

Now we work our way back to the Cinnabon. :gaycat6:

43 minutes ago, Lille said:

That finale...I...

Yea, this is completely on them.

Now we work our way back to the Cinnabon. :gaycat6:

idk how but I really hope Lalo actually makes it out alive lol, I know we don't see him in BrBa but still. He's too bad ass to be taken out in some lame way.

Whew, that was intense.

I really grew to like Howard as a character. He's been a dick in the past but he didn't deserve a damn thing that happened to him this season. 

:'(

Howard is easily one of the most innocent but tragic characters in the whole BB/BCS universe. He has flaws and can be a bit of a dick sometimes, but he was a good person.

Nacho's death was sad too, but it was his own choices and his own involvement with the Salamancas and the cartel that ultimately led him to where he ends up - whereas Howard really did nothing wrong. The way he confronted Jimmy and Kim before being murdered in front of them will haunt them both for the rest of their lives.

I wasn't expecting that at all. I thought Lalo was going to go after the Meth Lab after making Gus and all his security retreat to his safehouse. But I guess he figured out that Mike had some of his men following Jimmy/Kim and the intention was to distract them. I'm trying to figure out what he will want from them though.

And when you think about the fact that Kim knew Lalo might still be alive... but kept it from Jimmy... because Jimmy would've been too scared to go ahead with their plan if he had known... wow, just wow. :gaycat6:

I'm only watching this for kim and ....

Spoiler

They just ruined the character. She doesn't make sense now. Usually people that are perfectionist and look for the greater good but then slip up have very moral parents that make them that way. And the slip ups are a way of escaping from that. Being with jimmy who has sketchy morals was her way of doing that but now it doesn't make sense because it has been suggested that she was always like that. But people who are always like that don't usually fight for the greater good. 

The show is ruined for me

On 5/25/2022 at 12:22 PM, Digitalism said:

Hide contents

They just ruined the character. She doesn't make sense now. Usually people that are perfectionist and look for the greater good but then slip up have very moral parents that make them that way. And the slip ups are a way of escaping from that. Being with jimmy who has sketchy morals was her way of doing that but now it doesn't make sense because it has been suggested that she was always like that. But people who are always like that don't usually fight for the greater good. 

Kim was never doing anything for "the greater good", that was a cover, a con in its own right. She just likes getting over, like Jimmy.||

1 hour ago, Wicked said:

Hide contents

Kim was never doing anything for "the greater good", that was a cover, a con in its own right. She just likes getting over, like Jimmy.||

Spoiler

I don't agree that was always a cover. Now it is because it is a huge plot hole.

Most people I've know had never seen her like that. She was a very correct person and a perfectionist. That sometimes did something bad and enjoyed it. That type of personality has been studied in psychology. They always have some made up excuse to do the bad thing that makes them look good. 

This kim that ruins Howards life and leaves the job of her life helping others for no reason makes no sense. 

And they just killed Howard before there could be any explaination because there wasn't any

7 hours ago, Digitalism said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I don't agree that was always a cover. Now it is because it is a huge plot hole.

Most people I've know had never seen her like that. She was a very correct person and a perfectionist. That sometimes did something bad and enjoyed it. That type of personality has been studied in psychology. They always have some made up excuse to do the bad thing that makes them look good. 

This kim that ruins Howards life and leaves the job of her life helping others for no reason makes no sense. 

And they just killed Howard before there could be any explaination because there wasn't any

I don't agree. The entire of last season was pretty obvious that "perfectionist Kim" wasn't real, that was her trying her hardest to live on the straight and narrow, her relationship with Jimmy just made her fall deeper into it, and she's worse than him. It's been great development for her.

On 5/25/2022 at 5:22 PM, Digitalism said:

Hide contents

Kim didn't have moral parents though. The flashbacks with young Kim and her mother show a very different upbringing to what you've described. Her mother was drink-driving when she arrived late to pick her up from school, so Kim walked home alone and refused to get in the car. And when Kim gets caught shoplifting, her mother actually praises her and rewards her for it - with earrings that she still wears in the present as an adult.

Kim has always been portrayed as wanting to have it both ways. She wants to be a "good" lawyer that does pro-bono work and fights for underprivileged defendants, because she genuinely cares about them. But she also loves the thrill of a con and that's mainly what attracts her to Jimmy - especially when the victim is someone she thinks is an ******* who deserves it. This goes way back to the earlier seasons when she would pretend to be "Giselle" to scam people at bars. Even better still if the con or scheme happens to benefit an underdog (e.g. the old man that Mesa verde tries to evict, or Huell, or a pro-bono client).

The plan against Howard is arguably not even the worst thing she's done. Look at what she and Jimmy did to Chuck - they destroyed his reputation in court by taking advantage of his mental illness. Kim has never been a saint. But she's not completely bad either because she does have some good and pure intentions too. It's what makes her such an interesting character.

• 2 weeks later...

Just getting myself into this show.

As a Breaking Bad stan, I am so late to the party :jonny5:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.